View from the opposition

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Morning Ladies and Gents,

West Ham fan here. We are introducing a "view from the Opposition" on one of our forum's. Done it before and it is nice to see the insight of an opposition fan. All light hearted fun, bit of **** taking from our side and hopefully we get a bit back.

Looking for a fan to answer some questions before the game and just a few after.

Anyone up for answering?

TIA
Matt

West Ham fan here. We are introducing a "view from the Opposition" on one of our forum's. Done it before and it is nice to see the insight of an opposition fan. All light hearted fun, bit of **** taking from our side and hopefully we get a bit back.

Looking for a fan to answer some questions before the game and just a few after.

Anyone up for answering?

TIA
Matt

Do we need to own a caravan before answering?

Anyone up for answering?

TIA
Matt

Player view:

- Bowen: absolute quality, great finisher and such a smart player. For me he is close maybe equal to the level of Saka and Palmer but doesn’t get maybe the respect he deserves.
-Paqeta: really fucking good, amazing on the ball.
- Kudus: great player, but room for growth when playing the big teams.
- Lack of depth, you guys when missing the top 3 players dramatically drop quality.

Stadium view:

- What the fuck did you guys do leaving Upton Park!!!

It was a nightmare to play in, fans in touching distance of the players, outside the ground lots of pubs, a pie and mash shop, proper east end tradition, and then go to that soulless shithole called the Olympic stadium where you need binoculars to watch the game. Our new stadium is immense and thankfully keeps the design of how a football stadium should be, it’s everything the Olympic dump is not. You guys should buy the land and build a proper football stadium. Upton Park was your soul, sold it for magic beans. You never had the resources of United or Arse or even us but that was your gold and like Gordon Brown it went cheap.

Fan view:

We are rivals so no love lost but you clearly have passion, I won’t ever take that away. However our real rivals are Arse, the whole rivalry that really grew in the 90’s mostly came from your side and feels like we are a surrogate Millwall due to Millwall not being good enough to be in the top league that and I guess buying a lot of your players like Carrick, Parker and Defoe. For most fans Arse, Chelsea (Neo-Nazi issues that go back decades, they used to do gas chamber noises in the grounds) are well ahead when thinking about rival games and that is not meant as disrespect by the way just history.

Last edited:
Pop Corn GIF by WWE

Anyone up for answering?

TIA
Matt

Also if you wanted calm, reasonable discussion this perhaps isn’t the Spurs forum for that, in a world of Spurs Community and Glory Glory you picked the Fighting Cock. Good luck!

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Anyone up for answering?

TIA
Matt

Hello Matt

I may (will) get flamed for this, but I love football more than I love tribalism. My only real beef with West Ham is that you dress up the same as Villa and Burnley and this confuses me.

I would volunteer, but I am rubbish at doing football punditry. I can't tell a high press from a trouser press.

Why are you always blowing Bubbles? And did he need to pay for the privilege?

Come to think if it, wasn't Michael Jackson's monkey called Bubbles? Maybe you could re-name that athletics track "Neverland"?

Just a couple of helpful suggestions, don't say I didn't try.

I'm forever Bubbles'
What has Michael Jackson's pet chimp got to do with football.
Disgusted.
I would write a letter of complaint, but fuck teaching 40K spammers how to read and write.

Anyone up for answering?

TIA
Matt
It's hard to answer with all them bubbles you blowing straight into my face

Matt, I'd get out when you can...
It doesn't look like this is gonna go well!

Maybe you shoulda chosen a week when we hadn't just lost to Fulham, and everyone would care a bit more...

But right now, it's just bad timing.

It's notchoo swee'dart, it's us!

Harsh, mate.

:sonlol:

Fair dos he’s got a pair coming on here!

Years ago there was a forum called ‘Footymad’ and you could go on other clubs sections and I used to target the Spam and Newcastle ones as they used to bite the most!

I left when loads of Spammers started sending me ‘hissing’ messages!

There are limits!

Moyes:

I understand why there's conflict but what do you fans really want? I think he's probably the best manager for you for your standards because another manager won't get you as high up in the table or to the latter stages in Europe consistently IMO. Last 3 seasons he's reached the Semi of Europa, won the Conference and the QF of Europa, Id stick with him if I were you.

Is this the international break thread we were all hoping for?

Or is it some chancer trying to sell us pegs and a go on the dodgems if we engage with him?

The jury is out.

Back
Top Bottom