Victor Wanyama

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Definitely great to see him back in training.

maxresdefault.jpg

We need this guy back fit and firing. He transforms the team by being a defensive beast and authoritative with the ball. He got our team on the front-foot so often in 2016/17.

I'm not prepared to write the big man off just yet. He was so important his first season with us and the game these days is a squad game. I've seen people write players like Lamela off after numerous long term injuries only for him to come back and stamp his mark again, as long as Victor wears our colours I'll back him and trust the managers judgement. Really hoping he shakes this off and gets a spell where he can find his stride again because when he does he is a great asset that'll only make us stronger

Looks like it's done. Very good signing, can dominate a midfield as well as anyone, means we don't have to shit ourselves when Dier or Dembele are absent.

Could be out next Toby level signing.

I can't understand people that say we had a bad window because of Sissoko and Jansen etc.

If we sign a player as good as big Vic every season we'll be world beaters

Again, stats in isolation and without context don't mean a lot..........but
This did surprise me, I didn't expect Wanyama to be this prolific at dribbling. It is the reason why I think he is better than Dier at DM, defensively and positionally both him and Dier there is little to choose from, but rarely do you see Dier attempt to take on a player. It's important as it's another tool in the amour to beat an opposition press, Dier's main weakness is when he is pressed he is often forced to playing a bad pass. (I am not having a pop at Dier, I love him and he is vital to our tactical flexibility, without Dier Poch can't switch between 4 or 3 at the back without having to make subs).

Back
Top Bottom