UEFA Champions League 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

PSG, Olympiacos And Atalanta. Tougher group keeps us more focused.

Inter, Bremen, Twente (seen as tough) ✅
Monaco, Leverkusen, CSKA (seen as favourable) ❌
Madrid, Dortmund, APOEL (given little hope) ✅
Barca, Inter, PSV (tough and proved to be so) ✅

We’re a feared team I believe. People want to avoid us, not the other way around.

To be fair they've done well to get to 6th, that spot really should be taken by the Portuguese or Dutch (even the Turks or Greeks at a push) if either of them had got their acts together

Well, the Dutch even ended up behind Austria last year. The league's just not that good.

PSG, Olympiacos And Atalanta. Tougher group keeps us more focused.

Inter, Bremen, Twente (seen as tough) ✅
Monaco, Leverkusen, CSKA (seen as favourable) ❌
Madrid, Dortmund, APOEL (given little hope) ✅
Barca, Inter, PSV (tough and proved to be so) ✅

We’re a feared team I believe. People want to avoid us, not the other way around.
Great use of icons there.

tenor.gif

From the top I guess we are due a game against PSG - I can't ever recall playing them in recent times? Or Bayern in a competitive game.

Would like another trip to Prague if possible.

Overall just want to avoid long trips to Russia / Ukraine.

Give me some nice away days with decent sized stadiums ......

Bayern Munich (719 miles, 75,000 stadium)
Lyon (583 miles, 59,186 stadium)
Young Boys (614 miles, 32,000 stadium)
This is always my thinking - where might I be able to get a ticket for? Unfortunately the bigger stadiums tend to be in bigger cities that are easier to get to, so the number of fans wanting to go there is higher too, and the LP cut-off stays high.

Lowest LP cut-offs I guess would be Zenit and Inter (boring, went there last year). Galatasaray and Lokomotiv Moscow might be low-ish. Most of the others will be similar or higher cut-offs than the average PL away match I think. Wish UEFA insisted on more than 5% allocation!

From the top I guess we are due a game against PSG - I can't ever recall playing them in recent times? Or Bayern in a competitive game.

Would like another trip to Prague if possible.

Overall just want to avoid long trips to Russia / Ukraine.
I think everyone would love a trip to Paris or Munich. Long overdue, as you say. Prague would be great, but they've got a measly fucking little 20k stadium, tickets would be impossible for most. Thankfully we can't get a Ukrainian team. Personally I'd quite like Dinamo Zagreb, would be a fun city to visit and I don't think a massive number would make the trip so I might get a ticket.

Bayern Munich (Germany)
Spurs
F.C. Salzburg (Austria)
F.C. Copenhagen (Just found out they got knocked out last night! So there goes that idea)
Atlanta will have to do instead (Bergamo, Italy)

I'd love this group. Games aren't too hard, easy to get to, food and beer is great and the cities are beautiful.

munich-alamy.jpg
AUS_SAL_F0068WebOriginalCompressed.jpg

view_of_bergamo-1024x683.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom