UEFA Caught up in PSG Fraud ? And Mancity ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Get French Football News‏ @GFFN
Breaking | Football Leaks Headline: Infantino & Platini covered up fraud on the part of PSG. More follows.

More: Football Leaks alleges that PSG’s Qatari owners injected €1.8bn into the club, frauding FFP, and both Michel Platini & Gianni Infantino covered it up. This cover-up prevented the club from being banned from all European competitions.

This could get very interesting - especially with Infantino now top man at FIFA and Platini having got far too close to Blatter and now excommunicated from both UEFA and FIFA

Get French Football News‏ @GFFN
Football Leaks headline: Nicolas Sarkozy told Emir of Qatar Tamim Al-Thani in a meeting in 2010 that if he bought PSG & launched a sports channel in France (BeIN Sports), that he would instruct Michel Platini to award Qatar the 2022 World Cup.

Well this story is getting even bigger.....

Lol... wow, well I for one simply thought they had figured out how to grow money on trees and was entirely satisfied with that explanation.

"Your winnings, sir..."

Talking of PSG, they're about to break our record of consecutive league wins from the start of a season.. Doesn't really count though does it?

Call me cynical, but doubt anything will be done. The more money involved, the worse the corruption, it seems.
It's going to take a brave person to take on the establishment, as it seems as the people who are supposed to enforce the rules of FFP are the very ones who are allowing the abuse of the system.

Sadly nothing will happen. This should have been nipped in the bud at the start but instead the whole thing just got normalised in the name of 'getting on with the game.' what city have done is an utter disgrace but no let's just drool over agueroooooo and pep and Mendy's latest twitter bantz. Clearly the club hierarchy like to rule by intimidation and they can do what the fuck they want because of their bottomless pit of money made off the back of human rights abuses. When the governing body can't even hold them to task without fear of being sued to oblivion the game is totally fucked. I say let them go make their own globe trotting money league and leave the rest of us to watch proper football

Sadly nothing will happen. This should have been nipped in the bud at the start but instead the whole thing just got normalised in the name of 'getting on with the game.' what city have done is an utter disgrace but no let's just drool over agueroooooo and pep and Mendy's latest twitter bantz. Clearly the club hierarchy like to rule by intimidation and they can do what the fuck they want because of their bottomless pit of money made off the back of human rights abuses. When the governing body can't even hold them to task without fear of being sued to oblivion the game is totally fucked. I say let them go make their own globe trotting money league and leave the rest of us to watch proper football

I’d quite like to see the Sheik Mansour team wiped off the face of the Earth. I’d be embarrassed to support that trophy-purchasing cooperation. Even more embarrassed to celebrate any ‘success’.

I fucking hate this modern day man city btw in case you hadn't notice
Me too, I used to quite like Man City, they seemed to be a club with authentic supporters. The budget for our new stadium is the same as their transfer budget in the last couple of years,according to a report in the Evening Standard a few weeks ago. How is that a level playing pitch?

It’s amazing how it takes specific detail for the fingers to be clearly pointed but in reality it should not need to be pointed out how absolutely bent football has become, best evidenced by the sheer existence in their current guise of clubs like Chelsea and City.

Without much scrutiny by our FA or UEFA they were able turn themselves into something they never were in over a hundred years of existence inside only months. The sight of Robhino bewildered at an airport was ignored due to the hype of Robhino being at a Manchester Airport !

Neither Chelsea nor Shity have been good for Football in this country. What they have done is greedy at best, criminal at worse.

In the Russian’s case it’s beyond reason to praise anything that’s gone on. Each and every contract signed or trophy won came at the expense of the poor and hungry of Russia. Fact. Virtually nothing they have “won” should have been allowed. But politics being politics, Too many people look the other way due to self interest. Especially so when the fat boys of the press get a lot of hospitality options so they don’t say the wrong things, I think Matthew Syed was about the only brave voice at one stage.

And after a decade of that shit at the Bridge we are all moved on to the next soap opera that is from the blessed influence and moral standard of the delightful rulers of the UAE. While they cant be bothered to sign the bill of human rights, they will be pleased to buy you a Ya Ya Toure or two.

While they cant cease flogging rape VICTIMS, they will pay to ensure a way to flog the bullshit about how righteous their club is run via Amazon ( low tax ) prime. “Pep” should hang his fucking head in shame. A yellow ribbon for Catalonia yet he’s paid by someone who won’t let a single citizen vote ever. Absolutely disgusting hypocrisy.

And I will simply never understand how City fans sing “blue moon” with such joy when their owners actively repress democracy to such an extent that if they were to sing Blue Moon in the Emirate they might well be banged up.

Democratic freedom is the one right people of the west historically fought for, and died for, and it should always be treasured above anything else, but nope. Not when it comes to football. Everyone looks the other way.

Fancy a bit of flogging or stoning or some restriction on media outlets, freedom of religion not your bag ? Fancy making gay people disappear ? Touch of Sharia Law not too much bother for you ? UAE is the place for you. They will Pump you full of dreams to make you forget the grimy details. And one day your hooked on the shit they pumped you with so bad you will never think to question the whys and how’s. Football. It’s only a game !

As for the breakaway league. Let them all get on with it. It would be lovely to never play in the same competitions as Woolwich and I’d be delighted to never have to see Shity or Cheatski or PSG ever come to Tottenham ever again. It’s we who are too good for them, not the other way around.

Last edited:
I know this is old ground, and I think the way UEFA/Infantino/Platini behaved was reprehensible, but they knew this bullshit FFP would never stand up if tested legally, and nor should it. Lots of FFP is right and sensible, but the section of it designed to stop wealthy owners injecting their own capital into their own businesses/clubs was never about "fair" and was about appeasing the G14 Group of uber clubs and making sure the nouveau riche clubs couldn't threaten their hegemony.

It was bullshit all along. We may not like it, because it's not "us" benefitting directly, but it wasn't about fair, and would have just meant the same half dozen clubs being able to dominate European football in perpetuity. They were scared shitless and agreed to shelve agendas like breakaway European Super League's if UEFA agreed to knee cap the new rich kids.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom