UEFA Caught up in PSG Fraud ? And Mancity ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Juventus in the following years to Calciopoli made shit seasons with Gigi Del Neri, Ciro Ferrara and Alberto Zaccheroni. At Conte I am grateful for the foundations of this Juventus but after 3 years he left as a thief complaining that Juventus did not spend too much money. He did not understand that programming is needed as a family budget.

Juventus in the following years to Calciopoli made shit seasons with Gigi Del Neri, Ciro Ferrara and Alberto Zaccheroni. At Conte I am grateful for the foundations of this Juventus but after 3 years he left as a thief complaining that Juventus did not spend too much money. He did not understand that programming is needed as a family budget.

That was indeed Conte’s own doing. The man literally forced the Juventus board to sign an average player like Juan Manuel Iturbe.

I don’t really have anything against Juventus but you have a dirty history you simply cannot get rid of. And when your side gets awarded a dodgy penalty in the 92th minute, non-Juve fans will rise and shout calciopoli.

But, I despise clubs like PSG and Manchester City more. They are at a position they should not be allowed to be at. Juventus is a saint compared to those two.

What's your beef with @fogueres? Every time Juventus play in the Champions League you get on his back and make it personal. He's been a frequent poster here since he joined to chat prior our double header with Juventus last season, commenting on not only Serie A but also Spurs generally and the Premier League. You do realise that he isn't personally responsible for the illegal activities perpetrated by Juventus? You appear to have some personal grudge against him and a gargantuan hatred of Juventus, neither of which I understand. Can I also repeat your statement 'people in glasshouses shouldn't throw stones' and then remind you of the embarrassing and shameful case of Spurs being found guilty of illegal payments back in 1994.

Or maybe you only think it's Italian clubs that should be constantly reminded of the error of their ways?
Football: Spurs are 'staggered' by punishment: Tottenham escape

My "beef" is as already laid out (from above):

Airfixx said:
"1. You were dirty, shithouse cunts when you played us at Wembley (Then whine to us when RM knock you out in a similarly shitty fashion)
2. You were classless winners post-match (Then whine here about Jose)
3. You are convicted cheats (Yet pretend this isn't the case and constantly moralise over the alleged conduct of other clubs)
4. Thus your (personal) whining is hypocritical.

Sum total... Other than that, no "beef" (As also pointed out, I ignore the geezer the rest of the time).

If things were reversed and I was perpetrating a similar scenario on another teams forum, I would expect similar hostility.

(With all due respect, whilst I don't expect you to share my sentiments, it surprises me that I should need to explain them to anyone around these parts.)

That was indeed Conte’s own doing. The man literally forced the Juventus board to sign an average player like Juan Manuel Iturbe.

I don’t really have anything against Juventus but you have a dirty history you simply cannot get rid of. And when your side gets awarded a dodgy penalty in the 92th minute, non-Juve fans will rise and shout calciopoli.

But, I despise clubs like PSG and Manchester City more. They are at a position they should not be allowed to be at. Juventus is a saint compared to those two.

Conte is a great coach when he has to start from scratch as he did with Juventus and Chelsea. His problem is the relationship with the clubs. He begins to let off steam with the journalists and then he sets the tension. Allegri is much more "corporate": never complains and manages the players. He convinced Mandzukic to do the left-hand side at the age of 30. He asked for the sale of Vidal when it was clear that he was an alcoholic. He re-established an excellent relationship with Pirlo (after he had discarded him with Milan) making him make 110%. I can not stand the clubs where the super rich arrives and spends like a fool. Manchester City has destroyed the English market with its crazy expenses. Now if a player costs X if a Premier League club arrives immediately it goes to X + 30%.

Juventus, Tottenham have always had to sell to maintain economic strength (you Bale, Modric us Pogba, Vidal etc.). The PSG took in the same year Neymar and Mbappé without selling anyone important.

My "beef" is as already laid out (from above):

Sum total... Other than that, no "beef" (As also pointed out, I ignore the geezer the rest of the time).

If things were reversed and I was perpetrating a similar scenario on another teams forum, I would expect similar hostility.

(With all due respect, whilst I don't expect you to share my sentiments, it surprises me that I should need to explain them to anyone around these parts.)
Even if I don't necessarily agree, I can understand that you have a dislike of Juventus, and all of the dirty tricks they got up to. It just seems that you hold @fogueres personally responsible. I'm pretty sure that he's as ashamed of their antics as you or I would be, but it doesn't stop him from continuing to provide unwavering support (as you or I would do). He's never made unflattering comments about Spurs and seems to have a genuine interest in our club since he joined the forum before our clubs met in the Champions League. The reason I commented previously is that I just felt that fogueres fogueres was due the hospitality owed to member that isn't acting like a tool. No insult or judgement intended.

Even if I don't necessarily agree, I can understand that you have a dislike of Juventus, and all of the dirty tricks they got up to. It just seems that you hold @fogueres personally responsible.

Not at all... I've already explained myself. Perhaps read my 4-point list again, it doesn't appear to have impacted your perception here

I'm pretty sure that he's as ashamed of their antics as you or I would be, but it doesn't stop him from continuing to provide unwavering support (as you or I would do). He's never made unflattering comments about Spurs and seems to have a genuine interest in our club since he joined the forum before our clubs met in the Champions League. The reason I commented previously is that I just felt that fogueres fogueres was due the hospitality owed to member that isn't acting like a tool. No insult or judgement intended.

Which is subjective, yes?

A certain aspect of his conduct irks me as a Spurs fan and member of this community.

Thus here we are.

Last edited:
Conte is a great coach when he has to start from scratch as he did with Juventus and Chelsea.

Rubbish. He didn't build anything from scratch at Chelsea.

He inherited a team that had won the EPL 12 months prior (inc. the man many consider the best player in the league) and threw a further (approx) £300m at the squad in the 18 months he was there.

Back
Top Bottom