Uefa bastards #seethe

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If the Champions league never widened its entrants football would be in a far better place and Sky wouldn't be able to make out that coming 4th is the most important thing ever and if you don't come in the top 4 you might as well get liquidated. :memeokay:

People really think the Champions League would be a better competition if you replaced Man United, Barcelona, Dortmund, AC Milan, Woolwich, Chelsea and Malaga with CSKA Sofia, TNS, Nordsjaelland and Partizan?

People really think the Champions League would be a better competition if you replaced Man United, Barcelona, Dortmund, AC Milan, Woolwich, Chelsea and Malaga with CSKA Sofia, TNS, Nordsjaelland and Partizan?

CSKA Sofia finished 3rd this season - PFC Ludogoretz won the league

Get your shit right, bro

:chicco:

It also shouldnt be a case of what people prefer.

The fact is that Wigan and Swansea are champions, and City, Chelsea and Woolwich are not.

I think the top two, and the two cup winners should get in to be honest.

This is the crux of it for me.

I like the idea of cup winners replacing non-trophy winners in principle, but I think it reality what it would do is make the CL and ever more exclusive competition than it already is, as it will make it easier for the teams that are league winners who get drawn against, potentially, a team that is 15th in their domestic league, or maybe even from a lower league (like Wigan). It's the same reason that I don't agree with the CL dropouts into EL rule. Say Real or Barca are weaker next year and drop out of the CL, then get drawn against someone like Wigan. Well, unless it's a giant killing of the century, it's not hard to work out who is likely to go through. At least with the present CL system you know that the teams in it have some sort of reasonably fair chance to go on a run.

I agree it's not perfect, but I think the present system is ultimately more balanced.

Back
Top Bottom