Trust calls for Levy to answer to the fans

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You work at McDonalds. If the bookies were normally wrong, you wouldn't need to flip burgers, you'd be making money off the bookies.
#iworkatabetterbookiesthanyou
:ossie:
Spending all Your dole money on the roulette machines doesn't count as working in a bookies even if you do occasionally go home with enough money to buy a happy meal from me on your way home.

:adelol:

Spending all Your dole money on the roulette machines doesn't count as working in a bookies even if you do occasionally go home with enough money to buy a happy meal from me on your way home.

:adelol:
1415e83275185c51230184574384f8f40bfef4f0e5cccbe9ae819ab89a028910.jpg

No I was told we have sacked the manager and given a wishy washy holding statement. That is expected as an immediate response.
What I would like, and what I think will benefit the supporters as a whole, is a little insight into exactly why the club changed their tune from ยดwe are investing in the future with a bright young manager and talented young players' (to paraphrase) to 'We expected immediate success from our transfer dealings and demand our manager makes us title challengers NOWยด'

All I'm seeing at the moment is lots of media speculation from 'sources.' Sure a lot of that is classic media bollocks but I don't doubt that there are a few people briefing from within both camps (spurs and avb)
De-listing from the stock exchange seemed like a decent bit of financial strategy at the time but it just seems to have made the decision makers even less accountable to their paying public.

Our PR department is becoming more and more closed off to the needs of the fans. For christ sake they aren't a government they are a football club. Why can't they just have a full and frank relationship with the fans instead of constantly sticking their fingers in their ears and batting us off with 2 paragraph soundbites on the official website.

If Levy isn't going to be forthcoming, then surely our so called director of football should be on hand to explain this rather important football decision no? Where is he? I don't recall hearing one peep from him in months. I don't want to go back to Redknapp style mouthing off to the press every 5 seconds, but truth be told I actually found his up front approach quite refreshing for the first year until it all became about him.
Did you ask for all this when Ramos and Redknapl were sacked?

Did you ask for all this when Ramos and Redknapl were sacked?

i didnยดt need to for Ramos because we had 2 points from 8 games (sorry) and the new guy came in almost immediately.
When Harry was sacked, yes I would have liked to have known what exactly it was that made him push the button. I still do because it would solve a hell of a lot of the arguments that go on in here. Some people still believe he was sacked for football reasons and not because he fucked about with the England job and then had the audacity to have paul stretford come in and try to paly hard ball on a new contract.
But there I am speculating again. Because Levy has never truly explained what happened.

my god mathew norman's writing is dreadful.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ics-at-Tottenham-Hotspur-must-be-praised.html
He also missed out a season:
Freed from interference, Harry effected an instant metamorphosis. Spurs, who were marooned in 20th place when he arrived, soared up the table and finished eighth. The next season, they made the Champions League for the first time, reached the quarter-finals.

The following one, they again finished fourth, missing out on another Champions League place only because Chelsea stole the trophy from Bayern Munich in broad floodlight.

i didnยดt need to for Ramos because we had 2 points from 8 games (sorry) and the new guy came in almost immediately.
So? Redknapp went through a similar patch and nobody called for his sacking at that time. How do you know that the long term Ramos project wouldn't have gotten better, just like you're convinced the AVB one would've?
When Harry was sacked, yes I would have liked to have known what exactly it was that made him push the button. I still do because it would solve a hell of a lot of the arguments that go on in here. Some people still believe he was sacked for football reasons and not because he fucked about with the England job and then had the audacity to have paul stretford come in and try to paly hard ball on a new contract.
But there I am speculating again. Because Levy has never truly explained what happened.
So if this involved legal confidential issues, or a major issues behind the scenes in terms of relationships with people or how the club is run, you want all that plastered all over the place? If not then the alternative would be for a statement only from Levy, and how would you know whether or not it was truthful, or in anyway less patronising or pointless than the letter his posted on the official website when he sold Keane and Berbatov?

So? Redknapp went through a similar patch and nobody called for his sacking at that time.

Because at least redknapp had shown that he could get it right for a consistent run of results. But actually I also believe that Redknapps form at the end of the season was a contributing factor to his sacking in some people's eyes.

How do you know that the long term Ramos project wouldn't have gotten better, just like you're convinced the AVB one would've?
I don't. But my anger currently lies with levy and the board, and more specifically our comms policy right now. I don't want to make this about individual managers. And I'm not convinced AVB's project would have been the right one. But I am convinced that a drastic sacking like this right before christmas is a stupid move. Some might argue that it gives the new guy time to bring in signings in the transfer window. But it appears Levy doesn't want a Spurs manager concentrating on silly little things like choosing the right players to play in their own system. He did the same with Harry, Ramos and Jol a lot of the time.

So if this involved legal confidential issues, or a major issues behind the scenes in terms of relationships with people or how the club is run, you want all that plastered all over the place? If not then the alternative would be for a statement only from Levy, and how would you know whether or not it was truthful, or in anyway less patronising or pointless than the letter his posted on the official website when he sold Keane and Berbatov?

If there are major issues behind the scenes with people or how the club is run then absolutely I want to know about it.
Business isn't just about numbers on a balance sheet. Relationships are absolutely crucial. If the people at the top are having trouble seeing eye to eye then they need to sort it the fuck out or leave. As I said, we are paying customers with a huge commitment to the club. Shareholders have to receive a regular detailed update so they can know what their money is doing/will do whilst invested in the club. Supporters should be given the same respect.

Do you deny that the fans and those outside the club would have more respect for Levy and co would actually come out and hold their hands up to their failings publicly. I'm not asking for an apology. I'm asking for a tangible reason to be optimistic. We clearly aren't adverse to making brutally honest statements when it's someone else we're having a go at (see statements about not selling modric to Chelsea, why we had to sell berbatov to man u, the fa cup ticket fiasco at Woolwich)
Of course we can't know if any statement is going to be 100% truthful but I'd rather have SOMETHING than absolutely nothing. They have had 5 days to prepare a statement. I have worked on the PR for a number of huge brands (#blatant) and not one of them would go that long in a crisis situation without making a public update. One of the first rules is that you squash speculation, not fuel it.

I do get what you're arguing about, but surely you would also like to know a bit more about why this decision has been taken, why it's been taken now, and what the next steps are?

As we de-listed they'll be no AGM. Real shame as it's normally right about this time of year!
I still own some shares as didn't sell back, not sure what purpose they have now.

Darren from the THST is due to be on TalkSPORT shortly.

Sounded like he was underwater

Just said that THST & fans want updates on the managerial & ground / sponsor situations .

It's probably all up in the air & on going so I can't really see what the board can say

Back
Top Bottom