Tromsø (H) Europa League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great performance. I guess the guys took it easy after the two injuries which is why we didn't see more goals/attempts. JD was MOTM, I think. Holtby would've been if it hadn't been for some mispasses and loss of possession which should've been avoided.

Rose injury worries me, but hopefully Vlad is ready soon if is going to take LB.
sorry,man, Vlad never played in his life like LB,just LCB and RCB,if AVB put him in that place (LB) will be an absolute PREMIERE ! (i don't know how will play there,it's a total UNKNOWN for me)

Last edited:
Right lads, I'm on my way home from Waterloo to leafy Surrey!
Enjoyed my game but and their is a big but, I was in the west upper stand, not my choice of seats I may add! I have seen more of an atmosphere at a graveyard. 50 something old men and their sons sitting their analysing the game as if they were Gary Neville and moaning at every opportunity given if something doesn't go our way. I did my very best to sing and shout and to get others to join in to no avail!
It was an embarrassment to witness such a lack of support for the team I support that I am angry as fuck right now!
Honestly what would you lot do to fix this problem?
:parker::avbwtf::defoe::avbmad:

West Stand is always like it. Don't sit there if you want to sing and shout and stand up.
Mainly corporate or older fans and tourists and the STs that sit there pay more than anyone else.

Different type of fan altogether.

I have some friends that sit there and I would say their family is responsible for investing more money in the club than all of the members on this forum combined.
They love Spurs just not the type to sing and shout. I don't judge them for it.

Ask yourself this, if you were lucky enough to sit next to Bill Nicholson in the West Stand when he was a spectator do you think he would of been standing up chanting Yid Army and starting off songs about Wengers supposed habits?

Never sit in the West Stand unless you are taking kids or on a corporate is the lesson here.

sorry,man, Vlad never played in his life like LB,just LCB and RCB,if AVB put him in that place (LB) will be an absolute PREMIERE ! (i don't know how will play there,it's a total UNKNOWN for me)

I meant Vlad at CB since Jan goes to LB. I see now that "Jan" was left out of my post, haha.

Last edited:
West Stand is always like it. Don't sit there if you want to sing and shout and stand up.
Mainly corporate or older fans and tourists and the STs that sit there pay more than anyone else.

I have some friends that sit there and I would say their family is responsible for investing more money in the club than all of the members on this forum combined.

Ask yourself this, if you were lucky enough to sit next to Bill Nicholson in the West Stand when he was a spectator do you think he would of been standing up chanting Yid Army and starting off songs about Wengers supposed habits?

Never sit in the West Stand unless you are taking kids or on a corporate is the lesson here.

You make a valid point but sitting in silence isn't exaclty what football is about in my eyes. It's just an opinion.

Thought Sandro was immense, great to see him back in action, bossing his weight around. Yes, granted it was Tromso, but he needs match fitness nonetheless

what is football about?

Well in my EYES Gaz it's about showing the players, manager and the rest of the supporters you have turned up by at least making some noise. I thought I was in the back row of the cinema last night but without my missus to stroke my cock although the old bloke next to me did have soft hands last night!
:baletroll:

this made me chuckle a bit more than it should (the bolded)

Putting a round object into the onion bag more times than the opposing team?
exactly. but it is whatever you want it to be.

for "gazzasleftnut" its like going to the pub and being the centre of attention for others its sitting with a travel rug and a thermos of cocoa (maybe its laced with pounds shillings and pence who knows)

That was the longest second half of football I have ever been too.

Completely understand the need to not over exert, nor collect more than just the three injuries but it was still a looong 45 minutes.

Thorstvedt, somehow managed to make himself an even bigger legend - love him.

exactly. but it is whatever you want it to be.

for "gazzasleftnut" its like going to the pub and being the centre of attention for others its sitting with a travel rug and a thermos of cocoa (maybe its laced with pounds shillings and pence who knows)

I certainly don't want to be centre of attention if that is what you are inferring? I'd just like to have a tad more enthusiasm from supporters around me is all, if that's a crime then lock me up

You make a valid point but sitting in silence isn't exaclty what football is about in my eyes. It's just an opinion.

Yeah I know. You just said you were very angry about sitting there. Thought I would help you in a time of need. I sat in the West Lower one season. Still undergoing counselling about it.

Only place I will go now is South Lower or wherever 1882 may be. Unless I am given free tickets. Then I don't give a shit.

Yeah I know. You just said you were very angry about sitting there. Thought I would help you in a time of need. I sat in the West Lower one season. Still undergoing counselling about it.

Only place I will go now is South Lower or wherever 1882 may be. Unless I am given free tickets. Then I don't give a shit.

Yeah I was angry but in hindsight I had been warned about it but thought it can't be that bad but it was!
Just small things like that can kill your evenings entertainment.
I'll be doing my best from now on to get over to the park lane even more!

I certainly don't want to be centre of attention if that is what you are inferring? I'd just like to have a tad more enthusiasm from supporters around me is all, if that's a crime then lock me up

people show it in different ways thats all
everyone does actually support spurs
if your entertainments dependent on other people's actions maybe this soccer ball larks not for you

me i couldn't give a shit where i sat as long as i get to see us

didn't catch his number, but I was sat right next to the entrance point and he fucked me off at the start of the second half as I took a photo (need a new desktop wallpaper) and apparently I had the flash on and he kicked off about it, but was ok with everyone else flashing. Then after the game when going for a K-Swiss, he started talking to me and my dad saying how we lack pace going forward and that whenever we go 2-0 up AVB makes negative subs. He is fucking clueless and it pissed me off even more that he doesn't even pay to watch Spurs. What a cunt

Not going for 35 again, will stick to my usual 31 and 32

I think I was right behind you.

That was really bizarre - don't use flash photography?! Fuck off, when did the club start with that one then you thick twat?

Back
Top Bottom