Tromsø (H) Europa League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

------------------------FRIEDEL--------------------
NAUGHTS ---:dawsonlol::kaboullol:------ ROSE
-------------------:sandroscream::dembele:---------------
--------------:lamelashock::holtbytongue::chadliwtf:---------
-------------------------:defoe:-------------------

But,
if Vlad available, use him instead of Daws
and if Chadli still out, use Townsend

:smesh:
4-0!!!!!!

Lets hope the Park Lane boys are in full voice. Did my head in getting out sung by Lazio and Lyon last year.

:paulinhofacepalm:

I almost feel sorry for this team, it's gonna be long journey home!

Sandro's gonna get ya...

:sandroscream:

[formation="4231, Friedel, Naughton, Dawson, Kaboul, Rose, Sandro, Dembele, Lamela, Holtby, Townsend, Defoe"][/formation]
Bench: Vertonghen, Lloris, Paulinho, Eriksen, Soldado, Walker & Sigurdsson

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope this gives our less regular players a chance to shine. Seeing as all of our Europa League games are not actually in continental Europe (no racism or anything intended), there is no need to tire out our regular players on such long distances. There should be at least 5 or 6 youth players in every squad during the group stage.

COYS

We are going to absolutely smash them. They finished 4th in the Norwegian league and got into the Europa league through Norway's FairPlay award.
Only been in the group stages once and that was in 2005.
Any less than 2-0 and ill be disappointed.

[formation="4231, Friedel, Naughton, Dawson, Kaboul, Rose, Sandro, Dembele, Lamela, Holtby, Townsend, Defoe"][/formation]

Bench: Vertonghen, Lloris, Paulinho, Eriksen, Soldado, Walker & Sigurdsson

Vlad for Dawson if he is available. Lennon for Townsend if he is anywhere near being fit? Probably chuck a couple of the young lads on the bench. Kane for Soldado etc. I can't Imagine Tromso being up for much.

Why would we play Dawson for the second time in a week? Surely it would make more sense to play Kaboul who didn't feature in the Norwich game?

Duspurs' preferred XI: :thumbup:

[formation="4231, Bradley, Naughton, Dawson, Kaboul, Fryers, Holtby, Sandro, Chadli, Siggy, Lamela, Defoe"][/formation]

Also would love to hear if there are any yoots that people think are worthy of a place in a 'You're-Ropey League' group stage squad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fridel
Naughton - Kaboul - Vlad if he can play - Fryers
Sandro - Holtby
Lamela - Eriksen- Siggy
Defoe

I don't want to see Dembele play. He hasn't played 90 minutes for us this season iirc. I don't think he is 100%, give him a meaningless game, off. No point in him playing. I'd like to see Holtby at CAM, but I'd rather give Dembele and Paulinho a game off than play him at CAM.

Fridel
Naughton - Kaboul - Vlad - Fryers
Sandro - Dembele
Lamela - Holtby - Siggy
Defoe

the more time Dembele gets the better chance he can get back to the form he had last year. not much better opportunities to get back into rhythm than a game against some shit team at home.. if he's not performing that well due to an injury then give him a rest and play holtby there with eriksen behind defoe. any game time these new signings get to play together is beneficial

Back
Top Bottom