Tottenham vs Wolverhampton. Saturday, August 20th. 12:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nah, our ST holders will crawl over broken glass to get there.

Mrs. P's crowd have already set off.

Formation Marching GIF by LaGuardia-Wagner Archives

Oh come on. I am coming 4,683 miles to get there.

This would be a good chance to make 3-4 changes. We have the depth so give it a chance.

Perisic, Doherty, Richarlison and Bissouma in. Not a punishment benching anyone, just rotation.

I doubt Conte would start that many new players all at once. I expect that those mentioned will all get minutes though. Perisic to start over Sess seems likely.

Wolves are always a tricky side for us. Though I'd like to think we can afford to set up on a more attacking footing against them, its probably better to just put our strongest side out.

In an ideal world we go safely up by 2 goals and can afford to give substantial minutes to new signings. If we play our strongest side we should be able to do that. Wolves I'm sure will have other ideas though.

I notice that they've gone to a back four this season which is interesting as so much of Wolves' success last year came with the three at the back that they've been known for for a long time now. So far, it hasn't really done them much favours, throwing away a goal lead to lose to Leeds and then made it out of their home fixture with a point against a Fulham side that missed a penalty.

I think that benefits us a lot more. They've been quite tough to play against over the last few seasons. The only win I remember over them over the last 4 years since they've been back in the Premier League that we were quite comfortable in was a 2-0 win under Ryan Mason, funnily enough.

Sa
Jonny - Collins - Kilman - Ait-Nouri
Moutinho - Neves
Guedes - Gibbs-White - Neto
Hwang
Their potential line-up. I think for the first time in a while, we have a midfield two that could dominate theirs. So many times over the last few years, that midfield two of Wolves has dominated our midfield that's usually consisted of one of Sissoko or Winks and it's been painful for us and easy for them.

Their attack really doesn't worry me one bit. I'd actually be worried if they had Adama starting. I do like Neto but he can't do it on his own. Gibbs-White has looked like wasted potential, Guedes is new to the league and Hwang is just not a striker.

I don't like to jinx things but I think this might actually be the easiest fixture we've had against Wolves in a very long time. We can make a real statement kicking the weekend off in style, go top of the league for a few hours and chill.

Sanchez in then, I imagine.

Would much rather see:

Dier - Lenglet - Davies
Just because Dier is better on the ball than Sanchez and Lenglet is too left footed to play on the right side of defence. It also means at any point, we can switch to a 4 at the back with Lenglet being a left sided centre back.

Not that it's too much of an issue regardless. Sanchez has performed admirably every time he was called upon under Conte last season and as mentioned before, our fixture list that's coming up is rather friendly for us considering what it could be.

And just like that our right hand side is back to Sanchez - Royal. Embarrassing

Seriously..... Why must every damn thing be portrayed as an "embarrassment"?

Players get injured. The back-ups play and we kick on regardless.

Dav/Dier/Davies did just fine during the run-in last season.

Would much rather see:

Dier - Lenglet - Davies
Just because Dier is better on the ball than Sanchez and Lenglet is too left footed to play on the right side of defence. It also means at any point, we can switch to a 4 at the back with Lenglet being a left sided centre back.

Not that it's too much of an issue regardless. Sanchez has performed admirably every time he was called upon under Conte last season and as mentioned before, our fixture list that's coming up is rather friendly for us considering what it could be.

Wasn't Lenglet injured as at Sunday?

Might not be back yet.

Seriously..... Why must every damn thing be portrayed as an "embarrassment"?

Players get injured. The back-ups play and we kick on regardless.

Dav/Dier/Davies did just fine during the run-in last season.
3 games. One against Burnley who don’t attack and another against one of the worst PL teams of all time. Sanchez is a calamity, simple!

Would much rather see:

Dier - Lenglet - Davies

Dier playing as one of the outside CB's no thank you, his lack of pace and agility won't translate well

Sanchez is fine, we're playing fekin Wolves.

Spurs fans really need to improve their mentality, every little thing they go into meltdown mode.

Dier playing as one of the outside CB's no thank you, his lack of pace and agility won't translate well

Sanchez is fine, we're playing fekin Wolves.

Spurs fans really need to improve their mentality, every little thing they go into meltdown mode.

Sanchez is more than fine. He showed that last season.

I just prefer footballers who can pass a ball out from the back. I am sure Conte will start Sanchez to play RCB and I'd have no issues with it.

Back
Top Bottom