Tottenham Vs Sheffield Utd - 9th Nov.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That’s me done this year. As we walked out we agreed to Ticket Exchange what’s left of this year’s games and all are sold already - astonishingly quick. It will not matter to the club ( nor should it ) who sits in the seat provided they pay. And as was evidenced again by the selfies and blogging videos being taken all around us while the absolute shit on the pitch went on, the football does not prevent many people having an artificially good time.

Last year at Wembley was a strain, but since moving “home” it’s been far far worse.

I have been a season ticket holder for the majority of the past 33 years. The years I gave it up and was just a member were under Francis in the 90’s. And honestly the decline at the moment feels as bad as that period did, were the identity was lost and it just seemed like each week was rinse and repeat of ineptitude.

We all loved the Champions League run and Madrid but that masked so so much that was brewing and was already very wrong last season. Its gone to absolute rat shit this year, and I don’t see anyway this changes with Poch still there, he is part of what’s wrong. Not above criticism. This is unacceptably bad. Where is his pride ?

I feel sick to death of paying to watch players like Winks playing just 5-10 yards ahead of the defence and passing backwards and sideways. What is the point ? It just makes me so angry, it’s basics. Taking 20 passes to move up the field is ridiculous. And that’s what you need to do when the team is too deep. Yet the coach keeps on with that....WHY ?

I care too much maybe, so now until at least January. I am out - armchair is ready...,and I need a break from the “experience”. There is not even a hint of an atmosphere anymore.

So to report specifically about today. It was Awful.

Being in a fight with Sheffield United is fair enough. But it was not a fight. We were bullied.

The way the team rolled over after taking the lead. Jesus Christ. Childish. Just like an incontinent child worrying about the length of a toilet cue, each second looking more and more desperate. It’s honestly horrible to watch your own team pissing their pants over David McGoldrick.

Even Kane has gone all 90’s level Tottenham. He was woeful. And Dier. Holy shit. Honestly if he was pissed last night and very hungover then his performance today makes sense. If you thought he was poor at Brighton I promise you he was worse today. Is Alli more interested in Bo Hoo or whatever shit he models for, retire mate you ain’t a footballer anymore.

And with the team really up against it and looking down the barrel of yet another win chucked away, our a manager ( “maybe I am the coach”) decides Foyth and a back 5 is a clever idea AT HOME ( to dare is to do ? ).

And then sending on poor Lucas Moura into the mix with 6 fucking minutes left, well it’s baffling as well as pointless. It’s all just ridiculously poor. Week after week, after week. Been here before Gerry Francis, Gross, Graham......even AVB never puked up this much at home. At home ! WE WERE FUCKING AT HOME.

This bollocks was never on the agenda when building the billion pound “stadium naming rights for sale” stadium and god knows how this is going to feel in May when we have finished outside of the Top 4 and yet again below the Goons, back in the mix of the lower mid table a decade on from that legendary “2 points from 8 games” seasons.

Arresting to realise that we are 2 points better off than at the same stage of 08/09. This team has no fucking right to be this bad, they are not Frasier Campbell and Darren Bent.....

and it fucking rained a lot too today too. I loved you Spurs, always will, but where are you hiding ?

Last edited:
That’s me done this year. As we walked out we agreed to Ticket Exchange what’s left of this year’s games and all are sold already - astonishingly quick. It will not matter to the club ( nor should it ) who sits in the seat provided they pay. And as was evidenced again by the selfies and blogging videos being taken all around us while the absolute shit on the pitch went on the football does not prevent many people having an artificial good time.

Last year at Wembley was a strain, but since moving “home” it’s been far far worse.

I have been a season ticket holder for the majority of the past 33 years. The years I gave it up and was just a member were under Francis in the 90’s. And honestly the decline at the moment feels as bad as that period did, were the identity was lost and it just seemed like each week was rinse and repeat of ineptitude.

We all loved the Champions League run and Madrid but that masked so so much that was brewing and was already very wrong last season it’s gone to absolute rat shit this year, and I don’t see anyway this changes with Poch still there.

I feel sick to death of paying to watch players like Winks playing just 5-10 yards ahead of the defence and passing backwards and sideways. What is the point ? It just makes me angry, because I care too much maybe, so now until at least January. I am out - arm chair is ready...,

so specifically about today. Awful sums it up. Being in a fight with Sheffield United is fair enough. But it was not a fight. We were bullied.

The way the rolled over after taking the lead. Jesus Christ. Just like an incontinent child worrying about the length of a toilet cue, each second looking more and more desperate. It’s honestly horrible to watch.

Even Kane has gone all 90’s level Tottenham. He was woeful. And Dier. Holy shit. Honestly if he was pissed last night and very hungover then his performance today makes sense. If you thought he was poor at Brighton I promise you he was worse today.

And which the team really up against it and looking down the barrel of yet another win chucked away, our a manager ( “maybe I am the coach”) decides Foyth and a back 5 is a clever idea AT HOME ( to dare is to do ? ). And then sending on poor Lucas Moura into the mix with 6 fucking minutes left, well it’s baffling as well as pointless. It’s all just ridiculously poor. Week after week, after week. Been here before Gerry Francis, Gross, Graham......even AVB never puked up this much at home. At home !

This bollocks was never on the agenda when building the billion pound “stadium naming rights for sale” stadium and god knows how this is going to feel in May when we have finished outside of the Top 4 and yet again below the Goons, back in the mix of the lower mid table a decade on from that legendary 2 points from
8 games seasons.

Arresting to realise that we are 2 points better off than at the same stage of 08/09.
This team has no fucking right to be this bad, they are not Frasier Campbell and Darren Bent

and if fucking rained a lot too today, loved you Spurs, always will, but where are you hiding ?
But at least enic got to build their superbowl stadium.

I agree that we looked better late in the game with LC more central and Lucas in the game. But, SU had abandoned the high press, so we had the ball more. The high press is the blue print against us, and until we can beat it, we will struggle.
Not a scientific assertion given that once they scored they changed formation and gave us the ball. Yes, we looked better, but that wasn't down to us exclusively.

The harsh reality in what is now the strongest league in the world is this when it comes to our starting XI today:

Gazzaniga - great backup option
Aurier - decent backup option
Sánchez - not good enough yet to be a starter
Dier - decent backup option
Davies - decent backup option
Sissoko - decent rotation option
Ndombele - excellent, starter through and through
Lo Celso - excellent, starter through and through
Dele - out of form, should be rotation at present and see how he gets on
Son - excellent, starter through and through
Kane - excellent, starter through and through

I do think that Poch needs to give most of this starting XI a go this season (I'd personally swap Foyth in for Aurier and I would still go with Sessegnon at LB) but the harsh reality is we only have 4 players at present who I think offer us the benchmark of quality we aspire to.

We have good quality but is it starting XI for a top team quality? I actually wouldn't sell many of the guys we say today but I also wouldn't like to see many starting for us. That's the issue, we have good squad depth we rely on as our strongest XI and it's seeing us slip. It looks like a season where we just have to accept it and hope that out of it we see the emergence of players like Sanchez, Foyth, Sessegnon as guys we can rely on moving forward. Give them minutes, expect mistakes and see if they can kick on so we are in better stead next year.

No mate, be wary of ever saying I wanted or want Kane playing every game.

I stand alone in saying we have needed another out and out striker.

I also stand amongst few who say Vardy would have been an excellent purchase. Constant desire.
Really? I could have sworn millions of people had been saying that for ages. Must have misheard them.

That’s me done this year. As we walked out we agreed to Ticket Exchange what’s left of this year’s games and all are sold already - astonishingly quick. It will not matter to the club ( nor should it ) who sits in the seat provided they pay. And as was evidenced again by the selfies and blogging videos being taken all around us while the absolute shit on the pitch went on, the football does not prevent many people having an artificially good time.

We all loved the Champions League run and Madrid but that masked so so much that was brewing and was already very wrong last season. Its gone to absolute rat shit this year, and I don’t see anyway this changes with Poch still there, he is part of what’s wrong. Not above criticism. This is unacceptably bad. Where is his pride ?

I feel sick to death of paying to watch players like Winks playing just 5-10 yards ahead of the defence and passing backwards and sideways. What is the point ? It just makes me so angry, it’s basics. Taking 20 passes to move up the field is ridiculous. And that’s what you need to do when the team is too deep. Yet the coach keeps on with that....WHY ?

I care too much maybe, so now until at least January. I am out - armchair is ready...,and I need a break from the “experience”. There is not even a hint of an atmosphere anymore.

So to report specifically about today. It was Awful.

Being in a fight with Sheffield United is fair enough. But it was not a fight. We were bullied.

The way the team rolled over after taking the lead. Jesus Christ. Childish. Just like an incontinent child worrying about the length of a toilet cue, each second looking more and more desperate. It’s honestly horrible to watch your own team pissing their pants over David McGoldrick.

Even Kane has gone all 90’s level Tottenham. He was woeful. And Dier. Holy shit. Honestly if he was pissed last night and very hungover then his performance today makes sense. If you thought he was poor at Brighton I promise you he was worse today. Is Alli more interested in Bo Hoo or whatever shit he models for, retire mate you ain’t a footballer anymore.

And with the team really up against it and looking down the barrel of yet another win chucked away, our a manager ( “maybe I am the coach”) decides Foyth and a back 5 is a clever idea AT HOME ( to dare is to do ? ).

And then sending on poor Lucas Moura into the mix with 6 fucking minutes left, well it’s baffling as well as pointless. It’s all just ridiculously poor. Week after week, after week. Been here before Gerry Francis, Gross, Graham......even AVB never puked up this much at home. At home ! WE WERE FUCKING AT HOME.

This bollocks was never on the agenda when building the billion pound “stadium naming rights for sale” stadium and god knows how this is going to feel in May when we have finished outside of the Top 4 and yet again below the Goons, back in the mix of the lower mid table a decade on from that legendary “2 points from 8 games” seasons.

Arresting to realise that we are 2 points better off than at the same stage of 08/09. This team has no fucking right to be this bad, they are not Frasier Campbell and Darren Bent.....

and it fucking rained a lot too today too. I loved you Spurs, always will, but where are you hiding ?

So, you're not very happy then?

We had 3, and nobody including Poch wanted him dropped or subbed off, ever.

So this argument is piss poor.

You got what you wanted. Kane playing every minute of every game every week and traveling to Tranmere a week after his missus had a kid.
I miss the point. Kane looked like an out-patient today and should have been subbed at half time. Is that your point?

Back
Top Bottom