Tottenham Vs Sheffield Utd - 9th Nov.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There's relevance in your point, but we just can't afford to have him jogging around with no dynamic movement, waiting for the ball in to feet in the box.

It's clear we get much more value out of him playing him off the front, now.

It is difficult. The quality of our crossing today was awful.
Yeah, that's why I said unless theres a good manager available that fits with us. Not many popular names mentioned so far. I am more in to the bigger picture of the players not being big enough. So we can keep chopping & changing the manager but we ain't winning anything with this lot.

To be fair we don’t keep chopping and changing the manager. Is it five or six years now? We did have a good enough team to win things but the players just seemed to lack the killer instinct at the vital time and is that the players’ fault or the manager- or both? You are right though, this lot won’t win anything. It is all rather sad

Do we? Not sure about that at all. I wouldn't have been upset if 7+ bodies came in this summer expecting to be in the XI so hard to think we have enough quality when only 2 of that variety did and they look 1st on the teamsheet.
yeah we got 2 starting 1st 11 players. I would have loved a new RB, LB, CB & DM, which shows how many holes we have in this team. Not many rubbish players but lots of decent & quite good ones. Which spells mid table to me.

The cross was good.
Can you tell me about all the passes forward, and the breaking up of play he did.
Please be specific.

Also can you tell me every shot.
“More shots” is too broad.
Ha, classic Sammy.

Upset you've been caught out by my asking to be specific rather than your hyperbolic ''HE BROKE DOWN EVERY ATTACK'' (he didn't), ''HE DIDN'T PASS FORWARD (he did), ''THE EQUALISER WAS HIS FAULT'' (it wasn't), you're trying to spin my own question on me. Despite the fact I've already given you more examples than you have.

P.s. - I've already told you every shot. Why are you asking me again?

Ha, classic Sammy.

Upset you've been caught out by my asking to be specific rather than your hyperbolic ''HE BROKE DOWN EVERY ATTACK'' (he didn't), ''HE DIDN'T PASS FORWARD (he did), ''THE EQUALISER WAS HIS FAULT'' (it wasn't), you're trying to spin my own question on me. Despite the fact I've already given you more examples than you have.

P.s. - I've already told you every shot. Why are you asking me again?
I haven’t heard you say what minute, how hard he hit it, was it a good shit even?
Very broad stuff

he doesn’t stop counters and he doesn’t backtrack
TatteredRealAfricanwilddog-max-1mb.gif

I agree that we looked better late in the game with LC more central and Lucas in the game. But, SU had abandoned the high press, so we had the ball more. The high press is the blue print against us, and until we can beat it, we will struggle.

To be honest... right now I couldn't give a SHIT about "Pass percentage, possession interface... interception co-efficient rate relstorisation, or Violet fucking Beauregarde!

The only stats that count (despite what Sky Opta Fifa Pro have brainwashed us into clinging onto) IS THE FINAL FUCKING SCORE!

...and that wasn't great today... was it!

Still... I'm sure someone in our team had a pro-opta co-efficient percentile rating of +something... so we won THAT, eh?

Fucking load of old BOLLOCKS! that's the stat I'm looking at!

Attacks?! What fucking attacks?!

THE EQUALISER IS NOW WINKS' FAULT!!

Hahaha

You've blamed Winks for not taking command of our attacks and then blamed him for our woeful defence.

Nah, you're not scapegoating at all.

Have a look at yourself.
Log off, clueless mug

What are you, our backline?

The first part was a dig...actually both were digs now that I think about it.:allitongue:

He took until the foyth sub to realize a switch to 3 ATB would be beneficial to counter their pressure and give us some passing lanes out the back. Was asking what took your boy so long?

What would help even more is having someone who‘s a footballer as the deepest CM, and having Lo Celso and NDombele either side in midfield, so we could do what our coach is telling us to try and do.

And he’s very much more your boy than mine.
He was fucking me off long before it became de rigueur

Last edited:
Subpar game from Kane, but you could really see the frustration on his face when he’s wide open in front of goal and Son simply squares it to Kane. 2-0 Spurs. Love Son but so greedy there.

I know the club needed a bigger stadium but fucking hell we are terrible playing at the new stadium. It’s like part of the club died
Much more comfortable for the away team than the old WHL was. I think we won all but 1 game at the old WHL in either our less full season or the 1 before.

Back
Top Bottom