Tottenham Vs Sheffield Utd - 9th Nov.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Your post implies harry was rubbish because of their fullbacks.

Or were you responding to my post about harry with just a statement of unrelated fact?

Because yes, our fullbacks are shite and there's were better.

But that's not why Kane ended up redundant in this game.
He gets zero quality service from out wide.
I don't disagree that he isn't on top of it like he used to be, but if we can't even put in genuinely dangerous balls to him, I don't see how he can do the business.

What in particular was bad about Winks? Because he made more passes, by far, than anyone else on the pitch during his time on it, at a higher success rate. He put a cross into a dangerous area for Kane to attack. He had more shots on target than Harry Kane and Dele Alli combined. He did his job.

What did you see that made him so shit? That he didn't single handedly drag us to a victory? Because his passing was nearly perfect. He gave the keeper more trouble than our forward outside of Lucas and Son. He tackled better than our defenders.

Give me a few examples of passages of play you didn't like to warrant him being the worst player.
He stops every attack.....you can count all the forward passes you want. How many were two meter passes on the half way line though that he received straight back because the player he passed to had 4 men around him...

He doesn’t press, he doesn’t stop counters and he doesn’t backtrack, hence the equaliser

He was weak today, and a massive downgrade on what Ndombele was doing

A 0-3 away win would have been a fair reflection of that game. Blades will be gutted only to have got a point. We are an utter shambles.

Thank God it’s an international break and I can forget about that lot for the next two weeks.
I was pleased they settled for a point or else they could have scored the winner.

I disagree. I think some new ideas, zest and positivity is exactly what these players need. Someone who makes intelligent, tactical decisions both before and during the match. Sure, the squad has its issues, but it's underperforming right now. And that comes from the top.

It's easy to blame defenders and midfielders, but it would be easier for them if pressure was applied a bit earlier. I think we've seen this too much from Kane over the last year. Don't care if he looks mustard for England against the likes of Bulgaria and other lower nations

I also really don't understand why Poch continues to my our CBs play out the back, especially with Dier playing on his weaker side.

Ndombele and Sissoko should be coming back and taking the ball off them and moving it forward. These long passes from our CBs aren't working

Only Toby should be permitted to do that, and I don't even really want to see him in the team anymore.

We're due a bad season. We've improved five straight seasons, it was bound to come to a halt at some point. It's not the end of the World.

Not sure we’ve improved for 5 straight seasons. 2016/17 was the peakwith 12 wins out of 13 in the final season at fortress WHL

He stops every attack.....you can count all the forward passes you want. How many were two meter passes on the half way line though that he received straight back because the player he passed to had 4 men around him...

He doesn’t press, he doesn’t stop counters and he doesn’t backtrack, hence the equaliser

He was weak today, and a massive downgrade on what Ndombele was doing
Attacks?! What fucking attacks?!

THE EQUALISER IS NOW WINKS' FAULT!!

Hahaha

You've blamed Winks for not taking command of our attacks and then blamed him for our woeful defence.

Nah, you're not scapegoating at all.

Have a look at yourself.

It's crazy that as fans, we can clearly see Kane is off form, and that Moura offers quite a lot, and his form is decent. Yet Poch trudges on with Kane.

It's like playing FM where you have an elite player and his form is 5.5 for the season, but you keep playing him because surely he has to get better??
I'd put money on the fact that Kane was promised the following... 'if you stay and sign a new contract, you can play as much as you want'. Notice that Kane is only subbed when it would seem Kane is happy to be subbed. Kane wants game time, he wants goals, and as you alluded to, always playing a player regardless of form is not only going to impact the quality of our game, it's also going to be totally demoralising to the rest of the squad who don't have such privileges.

Back
Top Bottom