Tottenham Vs Sheffield Utd - 9th Nov.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As you want me to, can you now give me every specific example of when Winks not only passed the ball forward, but it led to something.
Well, here's a couple for starters, you fucking div...you gave none. Actually, not true, you gave a false one.

He put a cross into a dangerous area for Kane to attack. He had more shots on target than Harry Kane and Dele Alli combined.
It was literally a quote to you.

That's twice now your scapegoating has blinded you.

But Poch can't get to the reality of that meaning Dele has to sit down. He won't give up on Dele and Kane when it's obvious they need to be sat down.

Yes Poch's stubbornness is irritating. Our squad is extremely unbalanced. I don't know why but it seems like Poch doesn't believe in wide attacking players.

Kane, Dele, Lo Celso, Lamela, Erisken, are all best playing centrally.

We have Son, Lucas, and Sess who are wide attackers, but Poch rather try play through the middle and it's very hard to do that against stingy defenses like Sheffield.

We simply cannot break through when teams press us, so many turnovers. I am so puzzled that Ndombele and Lo Celso didn't drop deeper to try and help us progress out of the back, they are tailor made for that.
Either poch's telling them not to, or not telling them to.

It's down to him.

Can you run that past me again, I’m not sure I get what you are trying to say?
What are you, our backline?

The first part was a dig...actually both were digs now that I think about it.:allitongue:

He took until the foyth sub to realize a switch to 3 ATB would be beneficial to counter their pressure and give us some passing lanes out the back. Was asking what took your boy so long?

We simply cannot break through when teams press us, so many turnovers. I am so puzzled that Ndombele and Lo Celso didn't drop deeper to try and help us progress out of the back, they are tailor made for that.

It would help if the guy responsible for figuring stuff like that out would set us up to do that, instead of playing CM2’s that don’t work and having a player who’s scared of the ball as the link between defence and midfield.

Another thing poch got wrong. He has a soft spot for him, But with his injury record, there is no way lamela should have got a contract extension. Especially as we are tight for money. You just know there is an injury around the corner with him.
Imagine if we had spent 25M on a winger in January 2018
Oh.....wait, that’s him who’s still getting 4 minutes in November 2019

It's sad that I no longer feel anger at Spurs after games like this, just sadness and apathy. Poch's time here is done and winning today would've only papered over the cracks. The football that we're playing is shocking, especially against teams that we used to dominate. I remember in his early seasons we were something like 35 wins out of 36 vs newly promoted teams and now we're getting comprehensively outplayed at home to Sheffield Utd, who should have won.

I wish Poch would come out and be honest for once but we live in a world where it's not the done thing to show emotion or weakness it seems. I'd rather him say that we've been shit and the tactics need to change instead of we're working hard and some cryptic bullshit about being happy with the squad while simultaneously hinting we need to replace 20 players.

I find with Spurs we seem to go through cycles of real connection with the players, manager and club followed by the complete opposite. They reel you in (young squad, over-performing in the league, CL final) and then throw you back to sea every time (refusing to sign contracts/put effort in, this seasons performances, cryptic shit from the manager, people thinking they're too good to be here).

Spurs losing used to ruin my weekend and now it just seems like a minor blip.

Also not sure why Poch waits until late in the game to put Lo Celso more central.

We instantly looked better.
This is his problem. He is still trying to work out where some of these players should play. Do they not actually watch videos of the players before they sign them? Let's get a player who controls the centre and put him on the right. Oh wait...let's try him in the centre. Poch doesn't have a clue, at times.

Well, here's a couple for starters, you fucking div...you gave none. Actually, not true, you gave a false one.

It was literally a quote to you.

That's twice now your scapegoating has blinded you.

The cross was good.
Can you tell me about all the passes forward, and the breaking up of play he did.
Please be specific.

Also can you tell me every shot.
“More shots” is too broad.

I get people wanting poch gone. But top 4 is gone, so we aren't missing out on a fortune if we don't get a new manager in now. Unless there is a good manager avaliable that is the right fit, we may as well see out the season with poch. It will be a boring mid table finish.

3 league wins by November and no league win since September is relegation form. We're scraping draws against teams we should be beating no problem and that doesn't look like it's going to change any time soon.

I started the "Let's Keep It Together Thread" because I felt it was vital to the club's morale that we work on the assumption that Poch is our manager for the season and that the players we've got are the ones who will carry our hopes for the season but I don't think it's going to be a comfortable ride.

I think any new manager would be better than the one we've got but I don't trust Levy to make it happen so I'm not basing my hopes on it.

I'd say he's had long enough.

Nothing convinces me he should be given more money. Time for a fresh voice

It's a tough one because it has pretty much been a whole calender year that we have averaged just a point a game which is usually deemed relegation dogfight averages but with the season dwindling away from us would we be better off just seeing if he can get us out of this slump? I mean unless we end up actually getting relegated I can't see what we lose by giving him time if Europe ends up out of reach which, by the end of this Leviester vs Woolwich game it could very well be as I think they'll be 14 points clear.

Tough call but I've gone from Poch out to just give it until Christmas and let's see if he can find that rhythm. I see both sides of it and am well and truly on the fence as I do think he is the right man but it is also a results based industry and we look light years away from maintaining standards set previously.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom