Tottenham vs QPR (away) - THE RYAN NELSEN DERBY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Here are our three striker's stats for the season going into the game at Loftus Road...

P0153.png

i unexpectedly got myself a ticket for this game, looks like this will be my first spurs away trip. anyone up for a few bevvies before kick off?

Let's talk tactics. This is a game we should easily boss but with the QPR win over the chavs and the whole Redknapp thing QPR will be up for this game.

That leaves me on the fence if we should employ a 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 with both Defoe and Adebayor playing up top or the standard 4-2-3-1 we have been playing away from home. Both Dempsey and Gylfi have been playing better of late than Adebayor s0 I think I would prefer the 4-2-3-1 especially since QPR will only probably only play 1 striker as well and have 5 in the midfield. With Adebayor headed out for international duty I'm expecting both Defoe and Adebayor to play though.

What do you all think?

Standard tactics, they are very well suited to away fixtures and if Im not mistaken have us on track for a record amount of away wins (for us).

We will hold the ball in midfield and look for opportunities to break/counter. Defensively it seems todo the job away, and offensively if we can get Dempsey/Defoe/Bale and Lennon running at THAT back line I have every confidence we can score goals.

Even though I fully expect Green to have his once a season incredible performance.

Have been unable to renegotiate my weekend plans so I have a spare ticket for this match if anyone is interested. It's in the upper tier but it is restricted view; got it through my membership so it shouldn't be one of the worst! Face value £48.

Have I missed Cesar getting injured? Cos otherwise Green is going no where near the goal.

He had a blinder against us for West Ham the season they got relegated the bastard.

AVB post QPR win- "yeaa umm Harry is a top top guy and he'll keep QPR 100%, definitely, no doubt. I just told my boys to run about a bit today and they did, one of those days for QPR." :avblol: :avbshit: :avbdamn:

Lineup is pretty straight forward.

Best defence bar Kaboul, Best strikeforce but with Defoe rather than Ade in it. I'd probably start Parker over Dempsey to allow Dembele to start the game further forward, gives us an extra man with pace.

With Defoe in and around the box and Bale + Dembele + Lennon running at that QPR defence we should score at least 2-3 goals during 90 mins. They really are a shamble.

Oh and shitlucky against Chelsea, suits me fine if they think they can attack us just because of that victory. They are more than welcome to run themselves onto the sword vs. a team with Bale and Lennon in it.

I remember Nelsen scoring for us against Bolton in the FA Cup, from a set piece, one of the funniest moments in 2012. I predict a tight match and a draw or probably a win for us. COYS

Yes, it's Dean Parrett.

Here's the complete list of players (bold are pictured)...

Clive Allen (player with both clubs & Spurs asst. manager)
Joe Allen
Les Allen (player with both clubs & QPR manager)
Arthur Archer
Ossie Ardiles (player with both clubs & Spurs manager)
Ronnie Boyce (scout with both clubs)
Alan Brazil
Tommy Cable
Radek Černý
Pascal Chimbonda
Peter Crouch
Chris Day
Frank Drabble
Mark Falco
Terry Fenwick
Les Ferdinand
Mike Flanagan
Theo Foley (QPR reserves coach, Spurs reserves manager)
Gerry Francis (QPR player, manager of both clubs)
Andy Gray
Harry Gilberg
George Graham (QPR coach, Spurs manager)
Allan Harris (coach with both clubs)
Steve Hodge
Percy Humphries
Ben Ives (player with both clubs, Spurs scout)
Stephen Kelly
David Kerslake
Joe Knowles
Billy Lane (Spurs player, QPR coach)
Dave McEwan
Danny Maddix
Bert Middlemiss
Roger Morgan
Alan Mullery (Spurs player, QPR manager)
Ryan Nelsen
Tony Parks
Dean Parrett
Charlie Rance
Harry Redknapp (manager at both clubs)
Rohan Ricketts
Wayne Routledge
Neil Ruddock
Frank Saul
Peter Shreeves (QPR coach, Spurs manager)
Andy Sinton
Sleve Slade
Peter Suddaby (Academy director with both clubs)
Adel Taarabt
Erik Thorsveldt
Terry Venables (player & manager of both clubs)
Kyle Walker
Paul Walsh
Pat Welton (QPR player, Spurs asst. manager)
Alf Wyman
Clive Wilson
Luke Young

A1548.jpg

Erik the viking never played for QPR!!!!

Back
Top Bottom