Tottenham vs QPR (away) - THE RYAN NELSEN DERBY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Normally I hate Saturday 12.45 kick offs but as I'm not going I'm glad its been moved as I play football Monday nights and loads of us would have had to rush off after the game otherwise!

We should rape them

If Bale scores, you just know this line is getting trotted out...

"before I came here, they had Gareth playing as a left-back and couldn't win a game, that goes to show what he can do when he plays on the wing, top top player, triffic, could walk into any side in the world"

If Bale scores, you just know this line is getting trotted out...

"before I came here, they had Gareth playing as a left-back and couldn't win a game, that goes to show what he can do when he plays on the wing, top top player, triffic, could walk into any side in the world"
He'll completely ignore that Jol played him left mid and that he nearly shipped him off to Forest

This was my most frustrating game last season. We were abject, appalling, awful and shit. I wouldn't pay any attention to their win against Chelsea as that I suspect that will be something of an anomaly come the end of the season, that said, we should be prepared for something of an onslaught from QPR to start with.

I hate early weekend kick off games - I'm sure we don't have a great record with the 1245 Saturday kick off.

And Defoe and Dempsey to start for me. The rest picks itself.

This was my most frustrating game last season. We were abject, appalling, awful and shit. I wouldn't pay any attention to their win against Chelsea as that I suspect that will be something of an anomaly come the end of the season, that said, we should be prepared for something of an onslaught from QPR to start with.

I hate early weekend kick off games - I'm sure we don't have a great record with the 1245 Saturday kick off.

And Defoe and Dempsey to start for me. The rest picks itself.

Harry will have them doing what they did against Chelsea, they'll sit deep and close us down fast to not allow us any time on the ball. Long ball counters to Tarrabt in hope he can do enough to force a corner or set-piece to give them some hope of scoring. Yeah, it's a shit tactic but it worked against Chelsea and all Harry has to do is gee them up so their intensity doesn't drop.

With the crowd behind them, and them being dickheads I reckon they'll try and get right up in our grill, a few reckless challenges to keep the fans loud, grab an early goal before we win 3-1

QPR have released Kieron Dyer after activating a clause in the midfielder's contract.

Wish they had done that before he made this fixture be on a saturday. I WANT MONDAY NIGHT!

Am I the only one who thought Ryan Nelsen was decent enough for us? He scored a goal for us and played well in various sub appreneces.

He was good for what he was, a backup. But like I was saying, he was their best CB and now they no longer have him, should make this game a tiny bit easier.

MLS season doesn't start til March. Nelsen is still with QPR until then at the earliest. He may well start.

I reckon he'd want a little bit of pre-season, assuming the first game is in March, so may well be off a bit before then.

Shame he's available this weekend, top bloke, triffic pro, great to have around the place, always have him in your team etc etc.

I reckon he'd want a little bit of pre-season, assuming the first game is in March, so may well be off a bit before then.

Shame he's available this weekend, top bloke, triffic pro, great to have around the place, always have him in your team etc etc.

Yeah true, still would've been nice if this game was after that fact. Will be tough I think with or without Nelsen's involvement. Dempsey up front is a good shout by all the above. Kind of glad there's a bit of a layoff between Saturday's game and this one, we will need to have full focus on 3 points here as our run of games gets a bit hairy after.

Back
Top Bottom