Tottenham Vs Nottingham Forest - Sunday 7th April, 6pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tottenham will...

• Total voters
Well, with any luck; that's the last time we see Bissouma starting a game. He's had his chances, his movement out of possession is poor and, on the ball, he others nothing to split open the midfield.

Our coaches need to work with him over the summer. He has the ability, but he just doesn't seem to be applying it.

I am so naive about football. I can't even understand half the punditry, let alone do it. I think that it's quite good that THFC are fourth and likely to finish fourth (Villa look tired and wobbly). I know that we want to win the League and other things, but next year we might, and we may have another good run at the CL. Maybe Kane will come back in the summer (although I suppose that he will probably want another year or so at Bayern).

I am rooting for the Bin Dippers to pip the Goons and Citeh. Spurs can do their bit by walloping the Arse and the Robots of Death, and we have a reasonable chance of doing so.

I know that Levy is annoying, but Spurs now have an atmospheric stadium in which it's enjoyable to watch football, a manager with a positive vibe, and some good players amongst the journeymen. I must take my northern scruff mate to watch poor old Burnley get a shoeing on the last day of term.

Well, with any luck; that's the last time we see Bissouma starting a game. He's had his chances, his movement out of possession is poor and, on the ball, he others nothing to split open the midfield.

Our coaches need to work with him over the summer. He has the ability, but he just doesn't seem to be applying it.
Only seen HLs so far but the first goal is directly created by him passing in midfield

I’ve only been twice and I’ll be honest it was nothing like WHL for atmosphere.

If you price out a lot of the hardcore that make noise regardless of winning, then you don’t have a real belief in winning installed in the fanbase, it’s inevitable that you have a very “safe” fanbase.

The trumpet helps but that huge stand needs some success now. It’s just reality.

Gets to the point where players won't want to score, as Cuti commits GBH on them.

Beat Up Black Eye GIF by The Roku Channel

If you price out a lot of the hardcore that make noise regardless of winning, then you don’t have a real belief in winning installed in the fanbase, it’s inevitable that you have a very “safe” fanbase.

The trumpet helps but that huge stand needs some success now. It’s just reality.
The venue is also massive.

It's built with acoustics in mind. But as a rule of thumb the bigger you build, the harder it is to retain the intimate atmosphere.

The venue is also massive.

It's built with acoustics in mind. But as a rule of thumb the bigger you build, the harder it is to retain the intimate atmosphere.
Nothing wrong with the stadium, it's what's produced on the pitch that generates the atmosphere. The old WHL had it's moments when it was quiet too.

How many games did the old WHL have good atmosphere though? It wasn't loud every match, it used to have some quiet games too.

It could be quiet at WHL but the groans and boos are twice as loud now. Can I ever see this fan base getting us over the line for a title challenge if we’re not quite at it for a game or two. No, I don’t think we’ve got it in us

Nothing wrong with the stadium, it's what's produced on the pitch that generates the atmosphere. The old WHL had it's moments when it was quiet too.
It can feel like a one-way street sometimes... The performance has to generate the atmosphere, rather than the other way around...

Two example cases m'lud;

If the atmosphere is there from the 'off' (like, say Goodison - sometimes - or St. James's Park) that still doesn't guarantee a winning performance... if anything, almost the opposite!

Yet if it's deathly quiet (like the Emirates, except when they win) it can somehow inexplicably trigger a title push!!!

Go figure?

I'd say we're somewhere in between...
The Old (and New) stadium has been rocking sometimes... But the orchestrated 'fake-generated' atmosphere like the light show, DJ etc. still doesn't sit right with me...

Interesting listening to Murphy & Deaney on MOTD. Absolute polar opposite to what I've read on here.

Maddison was very lucky to stay on though.
You're talking about that punch on Yates?

I mean, that Forest lad is a right mug, but yeah that was proper silly from Mads...had he been sent off, there wouldn't have been much to complain about.

That said, where's the 2nd yellow for Yates asking the ref to go watch the screen. According to the rulebook, that's an automatic yellow. But refs keep taking liberties and it's ridiculous how nobody intervenes in such instances.

Back
Top Bottom