Tottenham vs Liverpool (Away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo fucking frustrating when you are undone by your own stupidity.

Not out best performance of recent times, a little flat and disjointed in places, but even so we went to Anfield and basically bossed most of the game. We walk away with nothing not because of anything pool did but two stupid, individual errors.

Take heart from the fact that even on a bad day "fortresses" like Anfield hold no fear for us anymore.

Hope to fuck AVB is tearing them a new one right now and this shit wont happen again this season.

I'm old enough to accept defeat by fair means or when we are clearly the inferior team... But today was so surely self-inflicted it makes you wonder how seriously some of our players are taking this!
Yes we've done remarkably well to even be in this position in March, but any more of THAT defending and we'll be repeating last year all over again....

Last season still hurts like fuck, I don't wanna go there again, even if the likes of Walker, Ekotto or Defoe couldn't give a shit if we do! Both mistakes were the kind of moments you only see when Asian Syndicate money is on it, but I'd rather focus on the other 8 players who did their best to get us from 0-1 down to 2-1 up... THEY don't deserve to lose out on CL Qualification AGAIN due to some dipshits who can't concentrate for 90 consecutive minutes!

Aw fuck it, rant over, let's shut up shop on Thursday, and fucking Rape Fulham Sunday.... let them feel our wrath!

If you're old enough to accept that, you're also old enough to accept that in football, as indeed in life, you don't always get what's fair or deserved. It's that unpredictability that makes the sport so appealing. Have we deserved to win every game we have won this season? Most certainly not.

Individual mistakes cost us today, but at other times those players have helped us as well so where is the sense in ragging on them? We played well enough, Liverpool are not as bad as some think though they are not as good as Sky think, but they can beat top sides, it happens.

We were always going to lose again this season, better it happened today than last week. We will recover, we have a lot more character these days. Put this game behind us and move on to bigger fish now.

Chin up people, we have a quality team, a quality manager and have a bright future.

Still trying to understand why AVB picked the team he did. Only reason I can think of is that he wanted more defensive qualtities on the pitch and decided Livermore would be safer than Holtby. Still strange because it meant playing Dembele out of position. AVB can be too cautious at times.

To be fair it would've worked out perfectly bar 2 individual errors, and you can't prepare for them.

Afters from the tangle they got in during the game.... Dembele also involved, but I don't think it was anything Evra'esque... Just Suarez being a general cunt, and someone having the CHEEK to point it out I guess!

Parker probably hasn't forgotten this either :parker:

Suarezgif.gif

I think the idea of "tiredness from playing on Thursday" is overblown (maybe someone with stats can back me up here?). We didn't have to travel anywhere, tomorrow's training will account for the match we played today, and nothing feeds a winning mentality like winning more games. If anything winning today only helps us to remain as confident, sharp and hungry as possible for Sunday.

Tomorrow is MASSIVE. In fact, I'm more worried about the game than the NLD last weekend. If we win up at Anfield tomorrow then we have a great chance to rope in City and really keep our run of form going.

I'm a-okay with that. He's still young, but Walker seems much more passionate about attacking than he is about defending. We're probably hurting the team in the long term -- and harming his development -- if we don't consider advancing him up the pitch at some point.

Im not convinced he is that good at attacking.

Particularly from wing areas - he doesnt seem to have the deft touch or tricky feet to get around people without a headstart. Aside from the fact his crossing is wayward at best most of the time.

From RB he gets the run on most people to attack effectively and his pace is also a real defensive asset. Its like being able to switch to two RW players and back again when he gets on his toes.

Back
Top Bottom