Tottenham Vs Leeds, Sat 2nd Jan 2021 - KO 12:30.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

These cunts need put back in their box, listening to their fans you would think they have reinvented football. Would love to batter them like United did. Have to expose them at the back, they are bang average there.

I’m not looking forward to this game at all to be honest, I fear their pressing might bring out the worst in us.
That weakness being a squad full of players who;
1) Have a shit first touch
2) and a shit second touch
3) Need both those touches to get the ball under control
4) Then 3 more touches and 45 seconds to look for a player close enough to pass to without fucking it up
5) Fuck up the pass to the nearest player

That really is the dream opposition for a hard pressing team.

I see, as predicted, the mourinho haters crawled out from under their rocks since we hit the skids.

Not him when we win, but is him when we lose.
I’ll accept no slandering of my flip flop behaviour.

He’s the best there ever was when we win and he’s a shit dinosaur when we lose/draw ok cunt!?! :lamelaaghh:

Ndombele and 10 others.

cw6rqlwsbp921.jpg

Leeds are the only team I've seen this season that are playing with real energy, I hope that the Fulham game being cancelled will see us fully rested and energised for this one. It's going to be really tough.

I know we have been horrible recently but we should remember that our schedule has been absolutely insane. We started Europa league qualifiers very early and we had to play strong teams for those matches, it's been 3 games a week since the season started. I'm not surprised that our players don't have the real energy to play for more than 50-60 minutes each game.

Every team is struggling with the schedule and producing mostly tepid, sluggish football. Even Liverpool could only muster one goal in two games against West Brom and Newcastle, winning neither. If we can just cut out the silly shit from set pieces and find the right balance in midfield, I know we can go on a nice run. Hugo has nothing to do in most of our matches so just need to find a way of creating 2-3 chances for Kane and Son in each match.

Leeds are the easiest team in the league to beat. They press really high and hard.

Simply play it out from the back nice and quickly to a midfield who can pick a progressive pass to forwards running into space. Speed and progressiveness are the order of the day!

We're going to get absolutely dicked aren't we?

This game is either the springboard or the continuamce of the plunge.

Every season, even with Pochettino we have had damaging dips.

If we are through the worst then we are bang in line to be at the Business end in at least 2 competitions.

I feel Saturday tells us the direction of travel.

Most of this squad surely want a winner's medal for their efforts over the last 5 or 6 years.

I feel like it's been said the last 3 matches but we have to start taking advantage of others dropping points before our match. Chelsea and Liverpool dropped points, we need to win and take full advantage for once.

Leeds will be so open. So we should counter at will. Would be ideal to gain ground on the scousers and have a game in hand.
I’m sure that Big Sam thought the exact same thing, and look what happened. They lost 0-5 at home.
I’m fed up of playing counter attacking football, especially against teams who on paper we should be beating.
Let’s get stuck into them and play on the front foot.

Seems a bit stupid to not have the Brentford game on the Wednesday?

Our semi final timetabled for Tuesday, other s/f with 2 Mancs for Wednesday.

Presumably League Cup sponsors want max exposure plus TV coys want S/F on separate days.

After Tuesday we have a few days off before facing Marine in FA Cup, so we've had worse scheduling

I’m sure that Big Sam thought the exact same thing, and look what happened. They lost 0-5 at home.
I’m fed up of playing counter attacking football, especially against teams who on paper we should be beating.
Let’s get stuck into them and play on the front foot.
I agree, I am sick of it, I accept we have to defend against the likes of Man City and Liverpool but a mid table team like Leeds?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom