Tottenham Vs Huddersfield - 13th April.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Genuinely convinced Dier isn’t injured and it’s something internal going on within the club.
I mean the injury/medical problems he has been having are well documented. Came off in international duty only 3 weeks ago, so I doubt it's a smokescreen.

In any case, we may sell one of Wanyama or Dier but not both.

I mean the injury/medical problems he has been having are well documented. Came off in international duty only 3 weeks ago, so I doubt it's a smokescreen.

In any case, we may sell one of Wanyama or Dier but not both.

Fitness: Yup.

Selling Dier would be mental given (gone)Dembele/(broken)Wanyama shaped hole in the squad.

But we all saw him get his latest injury during an England match. Are you honestly going down the path whereby Dier is faking injury during a match to cover something up? He's injured mate, just like Lamela was when people thought he was sticking his wages up his nose

The World cup fcuked up our England players.

Everyone of them has had games out of or had average form in spells.

I blame Levy and Pochettino for that. Of Lamela sell him.

The World cup fcuked up our England players.

Everyone of them has had games out of or had average form in spells.

I blame Levy and Pochettino for that. Of Lamela sell him.

I don't agree. It's very difficult to say for certain why these injuries are/ have been happening. Toby & Eriksen haven't missed many games this season & both had just as busy spells over the summer. It would be interesting to see how other players at other clubs have fared with similar schedules and game time.

I also don't agree with the whole blaming trend I see. We are 1-0 up in the quarter finals of the Champions League, in the top 4 positions which is more than excellent for a club of where we are at at present and have done so with no real home advantage for nearly two years. Entirely up to you of course but the blame culture that's seeping into football instead of just enjoying it for what it is really irks me

I don't agree. It's very difficult to say for certain why these injuries are/ have been happening. Toby & Eriksen haven't missed many games this season & both had just as busy spells over the summer. It would be interesting to see how other players at other clubs have fared with similar schedules and game time.

I also don't agree with the whole blaming trend I see. We are 1-0 up in the quarter finals of the Champions League, in the top 4 positions which is more than excellent for a club of where we are at at present and have done so with no real home advantage for nearly two years. Entirely up to you of course but the blame culture that's seeping into football instead of just enjoying it for what it is really irks me

Blame culture. What you talking about mate?

This is my club and I am attributing our injuries to lack of signings and world cup exposure. I think that's entirely likely.

Eriksen was out for a little while by the way.

Nothing to do with a culture however of blame. Strange leap there.

Sanchez is another IIRC.

IMO.... WC is at most a potential factor in terms of lethargy, but on closer inspection look at a lot of the absences.

- Dele's been wearing that support thing on his leg for 2 seasons now. Latest installment = hand.
- Kane's ankles; ditto 2 years. Impact injuries.
- Dier: Apendix/Viral/impact injury.
- Lamela: No WC
- Serge: No WC
- Rose: Yet to find '2 games a week' fitness levels since big injury.
- Wanyama/Dembele: Nuff said

+ A few are always gonna get some niggles & knocks during a season regardless.

If anyone, Trippier for me is the one that I suspect that is carrying WC residual. Taken off injured in the last game... Niggling absences throughout the season + poor form.

Wonder if there's any stats for this on an international basis... i.e How the French/Arg/Belg/Eng WC squad's players have since held out this season. I only know the Spurs take on things.

Yup. Punching above your weight ought to be a fucking blast; not ridden with fear of par.

Blame culture. What you talking about mate?

This is my club and I am attributing our injuries to lack of signings and world cup exposure. I think that's entirely likely.

Eriksen was out for a little while by the way.

Nothing to do with a culture however of blame. Strange leap there.

Your exact words were you blame Levy & Poch, hence the blame culture quote. There's been a massive amount of supporters blaming people at the club, from its stadium issues through to its transfer policies for a fair old time now. Instead of accepting that injuries happen why is there always a supporter looking to point a finger at who's to blame for it?

You did say you blame Levy & Poch pal, thats why I said about the blame culture that occurs

Last edited:
Pochettino needs to fcuk off with the players not fit to play sh!t.

Too obsessed with City already.

Be fcuking professional. This game is the most important until the next one.

Getting into the top 4 is still more likely to yield CL football next season especially as he stupidly thinks buying no one all season is a sensible transfer policy.

Don't undo a good week by being complacent.

Pochettino needs to fcuk off with the players not fit to play sh!t.

Too obsessed with City already.

Be fcuking professional. This game is the most important until the next one.

Getting into the top 4 is still more likely to yield CL football next season especially as he stupidly thinks buying no one all season is a sensible transfer policy.

Don't undo a good week by being complacent.
oh shut up will ya
It's fucking Huddersfield.

Back
Top Bottom