TOTTENHAM v thieving scouse bin dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ugh I'm always especially nervous for our match following a great performance. Will the lads show up again? Will they underestimate our opponents?

Ugh I'm always especially nervous for our match following a great performance. Will the lads show up again? Will they underestimate our opponents?
Agreed. Palace comes to mind after defeating Chelsea. But hey, we just beat the Scum, time for positivity.

3-0 win. Edman with a screamer.

Not feeling totally confident - nothing to do with our ability, just the usual Spursey feeling that we are not allowed to have two great, consecutive results. We need to focus and show the same commitment and drive we showed against woolwich. COYS

Tough selection for Pochettino. We were so dominant against Woolwich it is hard to change it but at the same time we worked massively hard and don't want to come out knackered either.

Mark Lawrenson as unbiased as ever then. Nailed on win for us again, brilliant!
At least K Smith can see past her desire for us to lose and talk some sense.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31271435
Tottenham striker Harry Kane is rightly getting a lot of praise after his goals against Woolwich and he is making all the difference for Spurs at the moment.

Both of these teams are in the thick of the race for the top four - Tottenham are fifth, four points ahead of Liverpool in seventh.

Because of what happened at the weekend, I think Spurs would take a draw at Anfield while, for Liverpool, this is a game they need to win.

But the Reds are still improving - they were the better team in Saturday's Merseyside derby without creating a lot of chances - and I think they will edge this.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Kelly's prediction: Tottenham are flying at the moment. I don't want them to win but I think they will. 0-1

Ok, good point. I was thinking of the LB-big nose-skipper,-70's, on sky? (I still cant think of his name) so went for ML.
Im sorry for getting it wrong-just a bit of fun???
Tomlinson, Thomas, Phil Thompson thats the SG. there you go that guy?
yep he qualifies.
Having met a lot of scousers in the army, I'd struggle to remember one that wasn't naturally funny. Of all the regions of Britain I'd say that they do seem to have a natural sense of wit, that you don't find elsewhere in such depth. Like SPURS though, who aren't exactly supported exclusively by Londoners from north London, they have a lot of non scouse supporters, maybe they're the ones you keep finding? Sorry to have been picky, I just thought that from personal experience you were being a bit harsh.

Last edited:
Not feeling totally confident - nothing to do with our ability, just the usual Spursey feeling that we are not allowed to have two great, consecutive results. We need to focus and show the same commitment and drive we showed against woolwich. COYS

09/10 we beat the scum and I had the same feeling chelsea would beat us in the next game.

We came good and despite not making it easy for ourselves got fourth.

We beat Liverpool I think we are sitting pretty.

That said, that was April and this is Feb, plenty of time for us to fuck it up.

ooh careful! The board police will slag you off for being a doom monger. Be irrepressably upbeat and fail to notice any potential pitfalls of overconfidence.
If we can maintain anything like the level of intensity we showed in the last game we should do them. The goons are a better side than the griefmonkeys so there's no reason why we should slip up. Hopefully the over confidence will be theirs thinking they will meet the same team they faced at WHL.

yep he qualifies.
Having met a lot of accusers in the army, I'd struggle to remember one that wasn't naturally funny. Of all the regions of Britain I'd say that they do seem to have a natural sense of wit, that you don't find elsewhere in such depth. Like SPURS though, who aren't exactly supported exclusively by Londoners from north London, they have a lot of non scouse supporters, maybe they're the ones you keep finding? Sorry to have been picky, I just thought that from personal experience you were being a bit harsh.
Ok thats fine. You need to generalise when taking the piss.

I just saw a clip from Brendan Rodgers press conference. He looks scary. What's the deal with his lips being the same colour as the rest of the face? Looks like a mouth-shaped crust on his chin.
tumblr_m8ttiugpF91qcb58yo1_500.gif

We need to keep focused and not get ahead of ourselves.
One game at a time. There are lots of points to play for and a cup final as well as Europe. Lets see where we are on Wed morning.

I agree, if it were at WHL no problem. Liverpool will not want to lose so I feel a draw will happen. There is no reason to fear them, we have only ourselves to deal with. NO MISTAKES PLEASE.

Got to get something out of this game. In Poch we trust. It's going to be very tough indeed but the momentum is strong & coming away from there with something will set us up for a rip roaring few months.

Back
Top Bottom