Tottenham V NUFC - COC 17 Dec - Block 34 (unofficial)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
1882 1882

answer the fucking question yiddo, you going to be there or not ?? we are all fucking waiting on you mate.....

...ahem, ironically, I myself am now a 'Dad & Kid'... but he's too young for this one. I'll see how I go... got a lousy record this season (W-0 D-0 L-2)
B-0-Sspurs B-0-Sspurs I can only offer my apologies for my rash comment... you know who I meant, those Dad's & Kids for whom it is just a one-off day out... the ones who clear out the Megastore of Merch pre-match, sit in the Paxton quietly with a packed lunch (though I realise the little'uns have to eat during 90mins... but they've only just finished their £6+ Burger from one of the Designated THFC approved vans outside!) and then whistle a happy tune walking back after another demoralising defeat!

I do see plenty of Kids with their Dads/Mums/Worrying Uncle in the Park Lane/Shelf, and more strength to their little elbows.
If you're gonna give 'em a football education, I'd rather it was the realistic one; with desperate defeats and bad moods and inexcusable defending, and frustrations bordering on madness... rather than the brightly polished, sanitised Premier League brand version Sky want us to believe!

Ahem, there are some of us 'Dads and kids ' that attend, that also get behind the team and love the 1882 movement and what it stands for!!!. My boy is 9 and when I say we are off to Spurs his first question is usually is it an 1882 match! He turned to me during the Brighton game ( were on Block 30 of the shelf ) and said the bloke next to him was a ' melt ' as all he was doing was moaning..........

Seriously this is the kind of thing you should make Flav Flav and Thelonious Thelonious aware of, if even 9yr olds are recognising the difference in atmosphere and enjoying those games then it is doing the job

Seriously this is the kind of thing you should make Flav Flav and Thelonious Thelonious aware of, if even 9yr olds are recognising the difference in atmosphere and enjoying those games then it is doing the job

I usually take my pal's 11 year old boy to 1882's.

Took him to WHL for a PL game against Stoke and he wondered where all the noise was.

Explained to him about 1882 / home atmosphere's for PL games.

He now only wants to go when it's an 1882 game.

:adethumbup:

The 1882 do a cracking job for the cup games but wouldn't it be great to get that sort of atmosphere back in the league at home , At Villa on Sunday we was very loud but it seems at home no one wants to sing for some reason, QPR at home was good but apart from that I can't really remember us singing all game ? Around the Redknapp time our fans we're one of the loudest in the league I would love us to get back to that atmosphere

The 1882 do a cracking job for the cup games but wouldn't it be great to get that sort of atmosphere back in the league at home , At Villa on Sunday we was very loud but it seems at home no one wants to sing for some reason, QPR at home was good but apart from that I can't really remember us singing all game ? Around the Redknapp time our fans we're one of the loudest in the league I would love us to get back to that atmosphere
Problem is there's too many season ticket holders spread throughout the South Stand who'd get annoyed. For it to carry into the League the club would need to do something such as move the season ticket holders from this area if they wanted too.

I know it's of topic here but what is it with some season ticket (not all)and there ability to sit there in silence.
I long for the old days but it seems that is long gone.

Even if it isn't officially an 1882 game, if enough of us are in the same blocks then we can make a decent atmosphere and enjoy it. The idea of the movement seems to be about improving the atmosphere so if we can do it durring a non-1882 match then that will show the idea behind it is working

...and during Jol's era, we were probably even louder!!!

...and during Jol's era, we were probably even louder!!!

No we definitely were, 10 years ago tomorrow I was at the lane for Charlton 3 Tottenham 2, and the atmpsphere was better than most wins now, as there was no expectancy then, we had come off 7/8 years of misery so anything was a bonus. It was great, no social media hyping it all up and unrealistic mother fuckers in the crowd.

Problem is there's too many season ticket holders spread throughout the South Stand who'd get annoyed. For it to carry into the League the club would need to do something such as move the season ticket holders from this area if they wanted too.
99% of those with a season ticket on the Park Lane would have had it for a very long time. Most people DON'T give them up. They were probably in their seats for the most atmospheric games you've been too, when we beat Arse 5-1 - it was the best atmosphere I've ever seen at White Hart Lane - they would have been their. They don't get annoyed at people singing. There's an opportunity at the start of every season for them to swop to the Paxton, I doubt they're all choosing for the atmosphere to go completely flat instead of moving over there.

In my opinion the worst part of the South Stand is when away fans don't sell out and we get stragglers in 35. Kids & wifes who sit down as soon as a steward walks by. These are the people who get annoyed if you're on a chair singing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom