Tottenham v Newcastle (Sunday 25 August 16.30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

#Specsavers.

nintchdbpict0003973245241.jpg

Perhaps we should look beyond the Sloop John B riff and go more old school...

(to the tune of Glory Glory)
Mike Dean should have gone to Spec-savers
But even if the blind slaphead twat did he would still be an utter fucking cunt

The last line may need some work to make it scan but I wanted to keep it real

People who believe Son should not start this game need their head examed. I just don't think there isn't any.

When I looked at the fixtures with Goons 4th game I thought our new signings would have bedded in? 0/4 playing tomorrow.

ps I bet all of theirs are?

People who believe Son should not start this game need their head examed. I just don't think there isn't any.

I wouldn't start him. I'd keep the team looking like:

Lloris
Walker-Peters
Alderweireld
Sanchez
Rose
Winks
Sissoko
Eriksen
Lamela
Lucas
Kane

We've got a huge North London Derby next weekend and both Lucas & Lamela have delivered in the first two games so I'd be hugely disappointed if that starting line up can't do what it needs to do against a poor Newcastle side.

Vertonghen, Sonny, Dele & Lo Celso on the bench.

I wouldn't start him. I'd keep the team looking like:

Lloris
Walker-Peters
Alderweireld
Sanchez
Rose
Winks
Sissoko
Eriksen
Lamela
Lucas
Kane

We've got a huge North London Derby next weekend and both Lucas & Lamela have delivered in the first two games so I'd be hugely disappointed if that starting line up can't do what it needs to do against a poor Newcastle side.

Vertonghen, Sonny, Dele & Lo Celso on the bench.
I'd mostly agree but think that son could start in for eriksen

It's strange but I can only drink red wine, there is no white wine I can honestly say tastes nice and I've tried many, except for perhaps a cold Chablis on a very warm Summers day.
I love it when I offer guests a glass and they reply "Oh no thanks, I tried red wine once and didn't like it". :roflmao:
In blind tasting tests, sommeliers to non wine drinkers were equally as innacurate as to whether they were tasting red or white wines in a trial carried out a few years ago

In a similar trial so called experts and peasants alike were asked to test champagnes from the finest producers to the supermarket specials - and the one voted the finest turned out to be Sainsbury's best Champagne - I can't remember which, but one of the established marques - like Veuve Cliquot (although I don't remember which it was) was universally voted as the worst.

German whites are the best whites for me usually a Mosel or Nahe spatlese. But there are plenty of good kabinets as well.

In blind tasting tests, sommeliers to non wine drinkers were equally as innacurate as to whether they were tasting red or white wines in a trial carried out a few years ago

In a similar trial so called experts and peasants alike were asked to test champagnes from the finest producers to the supermarket specials - and the one voted the finest turned out to be Sainsbury's best Champagne - I can't remember which, but one of the established marques - like Veuve Cliquot (although I don't remember which it was) was universally voted as the worst.

German whites are the best whites for me usually a Mosel or Nahe spatlese. But there are plenty of good kabinets as well.

Exactly, wine is like art, the price does not necessarily represent the pleasure it gives to the owner. You raise an interesting point about 'blind tasting' and it's one I must try very,very soon Hic ! :thumbup: ;)
PS
Do you remember the German White called Neirsteiner I think, quite a few years ago now. Everyone was aghast to learn it had anti freeze in it :roflmao: :roflmao: Great for going to work on those cold Winter mornings.

Exactly, wine is like art, the price does not necessarily represent the pleasure it gives to the owner. You raise an interesting point about 'blind tasting' and it's one I must try very,very soon Hic ! :thumbup: ;)
PS
Do you remember the German White called Neirsteiner I think, quite a few years ago now. Everyone was aghast to learn it had anti freeze in it :roflmao: :roflmao: Great for going to work on those cold Winter mornings.
There was a scandal when an Austrian wine was found to have something similar to glycol in it - but that would never happen to a German wine as they have purity laws over there that would have the producer shut down before it ever went to market - due to the stringent testing carried out.

Eriksen should not start. Players need minutes to develop chemistry and confidence. And so this being an “easy” match, valuable game-time minutes should go to those players who are committed to the team long-term. No good to give Eriksen game time and then have him leave for Italy/Spain next week. There’s several youngsters and/or new players who could benefit from those minutes. And spare me the “shop window” comments. If a team wants Eriksen, they’ve already made up their minds. This match against Newcastle is not going to be the deciding factor in anything. If anything, the downside risk of him getting injured is more significant.

Look at PSG/Neymar. PSG has announced that Neymar will not play until his future is sorted even though he is fit. Spurs should do the same.

Last edited:
There was a scandal when an Austrian wine was found to have something similar to glycol in it - but that would never happen to a German wine as they have purity laws over there that would have the producer shut down before it ever went to market - due to the stringent testing carried out.
Quite right..my memory is not what it was but for me Germany/Austria is quite close enough. :roflmao: :thumbup:

It's strange but I can only drink red wine, there is no white wine I can honestly say tastes nice and I've tried many, except for perhaps a cold Chablis on a very warm Summers day.
I love it when I offer guests a glass and they reply "Oh no thanks, I tried red wine once and didn't like it". :roflmao:
Ever had a Sauterne with your cheese? That will change your mind.

Yes it is. Which makes it all the more interesting that Giovanni refers to himself as Lo S(c)elso (first video of him on the Spurs website). If he's a sub warming up near me tomorrow I'm going to ask the man himchelf (I'll be chitting near the chuchline).
If he argues with Poch about it, he'll be benched.

Back
Top Bottom