Tottenham v Man.City 29/10/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hope Sissoko plays, I don't think Wanyama in his current state will work.
Would be happy with same team that started against west ham
Sissoko did plenty against them to justify his selection.
Quite relaxed about this one, obviously will be bricking it just before kick off, but I feel we are going to put in a good showing.
We certainly have plenty of players for them to worry about. Perhaps Walker can have a few calamities for old times sake too.
His speed would be a good asset to help whichever fullback he ends up next to dealing with either Silva or Sane as well

I hope Sissoko plays, I don't think Wanyama in his current state will work.
Would be happy with same team that started against west ham
Sissoko did plenty against them to justify his selection.
Quite relaxed about this one, obviously will be bricking it just before kick off, but I feel we are going to put in a good showing.
We certainly have plenty of players for them to worry about. Perhaps Walker can have a few calamities for old times sake too.

One of Sissoko's only other decent performances for us was against City in Pep's first season so he might get the start. We will need athleticism in this game, it was striking how much fitter they were than us last season. We couldn't really get close to them.

One of Sissoko's only other decent performances for us was against City in Pep's first season so he might get the start. We will need athleticism in this game, it was striking how much fitter they were than us last season. We couldn't really get close to them.

Sissoko is better away from home where the onus is not on us.

We need 2 defensive midfielders, plus Winks and then 2 plus Kane up top.

1-4-2-Winks-2+Kane.

I wouldn't start Winks, prefer Sissoko much stronger, better performances and direct. In fact Sergio and Sissoko on the right would shut that channel. No idea where Wanyama is. Son out of form on the bench. Too early for Dele but sub to come on later. Lloris to start reluctantly.
Reaction is needed.

"Captain"
Serge Tobby Sanchez Davies
Sissoko Dembele Dier Eriksen
Kane Lucas

Poch is loyal and would start Son, Sissoko on the bench. It shouldn't matter as mancity too strong unless off day.

2-2 last minute Kane pen equaliser (or winner)

That was his debut for us and he was really good that day. One of our best team performances under Pochettino that. Didn't let them breathe for a second. Do that on Monday and we can cause them problems - I haven't seen a performance like that from us in a long long time though.

..but why?

ThIs ClUb HaS nO aMbItIoN.

images

Does being an optimist make the team win more games ?
Well it wasn’t an entirely serious reply, so no, obviously not, but predicting losses every week doesn’t either.

I believe that keeping a positive outlook on life is a healthier and more admirable state of mind than wallowing in despair and self-pity. This is an opinion - not an instruction. You have to do your own thing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom