Tottenham v Man.City 29/10/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

giphy.gif

Our attacking game is getting better, if we could not make thoose silly mistakes at the back, Im confident we can win this. Or at least draw.

Lloris - Aurier, Toby, Davinson, Davies - Dembele, Dier - Eriksen, Lamela, Lucas - Kane

Our attacking game is getting better, if we could not make thoose silly mistakes at the back, Im confident we can win this. Or at least draw.

Lloris - Aurier, Toby, Davinson, Davies - Dembele, Dier - Eriksen, Lamela, Lucas - Kane

Defend properly or we're fucked...

Pull our fingers out our arse (Gaffa included); game on.

As above 4231... Deep press, don't over-commit the FBs, emphasise the 4 banks, break hard.

COYS! :pochohshit:

Having an NFL game the day before will help slow them down as the pitch will be in mediocre condition.

Am I against such shenanigans to get a result against City?

I am not.

2-2.

Having an NFL game the day before will help slow them down as the pitch will be in mediocre condition.

Am I against such shenanigans to get a result against City?

I am not.

2-2.

I’ve been thinking the same! A chewed-up turf levels the playing field, and I believe we can grind out a point here.

Perhaps the best side in Europe on current form ... it's going to be tough ... would love to see full on attacking frenzy but that's such high risk I'm not sure Poch will go for it ... should be a great game to watch even on a supposedly dodgy pitch ....

This is going to be a nasty game for us, the players will be on the floor after last night and City will want to destroy us.

But if we can pull off a win then we will go above them. We have to start the game well and go from there, in the three glamour games this season against United, Liverpool and Barca we started terribly.

Poch needs to work out how to play Citeh. Half the time it's just suicide. Essential not to concede early. They went ahead last year and had enough skill in their defence to play around to draw us in and make space in the MF to carve us open at will. 1-3? They could have scored 6.

Keep it tight for the first 45. I'd prefer to start with 3/5 at the back. And please Aurier and Rose with their pace. Tripps and Ben D will get crucified in a back 4.

Is Dele back for this one?

Poch needs to work out how to play Citeh. Half the time it's just suicide. Essential not to concede early. They went ahead last year and had enough skill in their defence to play around to draw us in and make space in the MF to carve us open at will. 1-3? They could have scored 6.

Keep it tight for the first 45. I'd prefer to start with 3/5 at the back. And please Aurier and Rose with their pace. Tripps and Ben D will get crucified in a back 4.

Is Dele back for this one?
Dele should be back. Unsure on Rose

The way to approach this is to copy Liverpool, every player has to be on it and pressing hard from the whistle. It doesn't matter if we tire in the 2nd half as long as we don't give them a cheap lead in the 1st.

A draw is the best we can expect I'd say

The way to approach this is to copy Liverpool, every player has to be on it and pressing hard from the whistle. It doesn't matter if we tire in the 2nd half as long as we don't give them a cheap lead in the 1st.

A draw is the best we can expect I'd say

Exactly this. We need to press, the players need to earn every penny they get paid to represent for this one and then need to do it with a fire in their belly that genuinely makes them believe that we are rivals in this title push. Anything less and not only will it not be enough to get the better of City, it won't be enough for them to understand what it means to play for us any longer.

We need to hound, to battle, to stop with all the bollocks now and take it a little more seriously than some of our performances have suggested. I'd start Lamela in this one, I think he's earned the right to be given a starting role and his non stop pressing will be key. Got to play this one like we need the three points like our season depends on it. Results have been OK but it's now down to the players to get this season back on track after getting away with a few tight squeezes as well as miss out. No dicking about playing fortress or whatever they do to wind down, this ones for the fans who still drag themselves to Wembley every other week to support them even though most believed we'd be well into the new chapter now. I'd like to see the team give us a real blood and thunder performance, it's time for a few to step up to the plate and to turn in a proper performance. As crazy as it sounds, I fancy us to do exactly that and to spring a bit of a shock.

3-2 Spurs

Wouldn’t mind seeing Sissoko pls tbh.

Also I really hope it’s rose and Aurier. I’m so sick of Davies’s horrible performances and tripps gets rinsed for pace by sane/Sterling

Hi lads city fan here,Come in peace coming to the game on Monday should be entertaining to say the least.just before I start I’m 53 so really have been there when we were shite also at 81 cup final but won’t mention that. The point I want to make is we’re top of the league but in all honesty haven’t really played out of 3rd gear untill recently we are now firing and playing like we did for most of last season and can only see us getting stronger, mahrez has started to hit form,after a slow start and the whole team now seems to have woken up.Not sure how the pitch is going to play after the weekend or what injuries you may have, just wanted some insight as to how your playing and what to expect anyway I look forward to your responses I’m sure I’ll have to put my tin hat on at some point:)

Back
Top Bottom