Tottenham v Dinamo Zagreb. 11th Thursday. 1st leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can't follow this line of reasoning. we scored 6 against Utd. and Zagreb isn't 3 times better. A single scoreline is not correlative to quality
I didnt say it was, you called them shit and my reasoning was that they restricted us to only scoring 2, so they cant be all that bad.
I agree that we could still be playing and they probably wouldnt have scored yet, but they weren't shit. They were well organised defensively and it took an uncharacteristic mistake by their best defender to gift Harry the chance to make things respectable.

I said they were shite. Just an XI of bullies and axes
It was a great draw again. We need more of those. They were average at best.
There's a lot of very average teams left in the competiton so this is a great chance for us to win it. Sadly Woolwich are going through too so a bit worried about them winning it.
Happy with 2-0 & no away goals for them is crucial. Score 1 then they need 4. Be suprised if they muster a goal. All but over. I'd rest key players in 2nd leg.
Kane was deadly. Lamela was good. This is where he needs to start, against weak teams in the cup. Or coming on as a sub against decent teams. Thats his level.
Just need kanes knee not to be too bad.

Yes we have been playing like dinosaurs under him, it’s finally clicked with him that we are very good at going forward.

So nice to have the Tottenham way back, took him long enough to work it out.
You guys keep spewing this bullshit to try and justify your stupid notions of Mourinho being a defensive coach.

Mourinho has always wanted the team to play the same way. The only things that have changed are the players available, the level of execution and the quality of the opposition.

A simple example is Fulham vs Crystal palace/Burnley, where we looked much worse against Fulham not because our approach changed but that Fulham had the ability to attack our weaknesses. Fulham had mobile attackers who could press effectively against our backline which is limited on the ball, and, Fulham had a ball playing CB like Andersen, which exposed the weakness of Kane as a lone presser against 2 CBs, allowing Andersen to function like a DLP.

Instead you guys push the stupid notion that Mourinho asked the team to sit deep on a 1 goal lead. Wonder why he didnt give the same instruction in all those games in which we went on to score multiple goals

But dont let logic disrupt your dream world. Feel free to believe whatever lets you sleep at night

You guys keep spewing this bullshit to try and justify your stupid notions of Mourinho being a defensive coach.

Mourinho has always wanted the team to play the same way. The only things that have changed are the players available, the level of execution and the quality of the opposition.

A simple example is Fulham vs Crystal palace/Burnley, where we looked much worse against Fulham not because our approach changed but that Fulham had the ability to attack our weaknesses. Fulham had mobile attackers who could press effectively against our backline which is limited on the ball, and, Fulham had a ball playing CB like Andersen, which exposed the weakness of Kane as a lone presser against 2 CBs, allowing Andersen to function like a DLP.

Instead you guys push the stupid notion that Mourinho asked the team to sit deep on a 1 goal lead. Wonder why he didnt give the same instruction in all those games in which we went on to score multiple goals

But dont let logic disrupt your dream world. Feel free to believe whatever lets you sleep at night

Jesus wept, you think I’m reading all that...

Hes not dreadful no but hes not a top 6 level left back, against a weak team that barely attacks he does well at passing from side to side and i commend him for that.
Why not criticise his goalkeeping and strike rate, or his inability as a box to box midfielder? Hes a central defender, playing a role that isnt his core competence, for the good of the team.
You are typical of so many modern "supporters " who believe that real support is to hammer players for failing to meet your "exacting" standards, rather than lauding them for what they actually achieve, most importantly when playing out of position.
The ignorance of that group think, is palpable and embarrassing to endure for genuine supporters.

Why not criticise his goalkeeping and strike rate, or his inability as a box to box midfielder? Hes a central defender, playing a role that isnt his core competence, for the good of the team.
You are typical of so many modern "supporters " who believe that real support is to hammer players for failing to meet your "exacting" standards, rather than lauding them for what they actually achieve, most importantly when playing out of position.
The ignorance of that group think, is palpable and embarrassing to endure for genuine supporters.
They Dont support spurs...just Jose.

Good to see Aurier and Davies join Harry in Europa team of the week - with a couple of former Spurs Soldado and Pau Lopez

...and to think, that front two could've been ours!

soccer-england_lon215.jpg

The ignorance of that group think, is palpable and embarrassing to e

your joking right? Yes
ndure for genuine supporters.

Are you joking? They are getting paid millions a year, so yeh if i want to have an opinion on his standard then i will.
Hes an average defender who gives his all, probably in the top 5 players to work his ass off every game, that doesnt win you titles tho does it.

Back
Top Bottom