Tottenham v chavvy blue scum cheats

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

article-0-059B6ADF0000044D-172_634x445.jpg

Fuck Chelsea
love that photo - would love to see a repeat

Would like to see Dembele start and Lamela too.

Oh and can we please stop acting like Lamela is weak defensively and/or Lennon (who I like) is better?

He is one of the best pressers in the team, and he tracks back for 90 minutes. Lennon does that too, however Lamela makes a lot more tackles and isn't scared to get stuck in. The downside is you know there's a risk he will get sent off because he does like to throw elbows.

Whilst I'm at it I'm tired of people saying that he's only had 1 good game- Burnley. Bullshit, he bossed it against QPR, had some good performances early in the season, hit the woodwork skinned players galore etc and even saved our bacon in the Europa.
Nice to have a player who always wants the ball and doesn't shy away from it. People will moan that he makes too many dribbles- didn't see them complaining when it raped Burnley's FB. Probably the people who moaned at Bale for shooting too much till they went in. Even seen people suggest Kane shoots too much, guess they'd rather he didn't score those belters in the EL?
Lamela can do the hard part- brilliant close control, ability to find space, good vision, well weighted passing, dribbling at speed etc. Basically if you don't see a shit tonne of potential there you have a poor understanding of the technical side of football tbh. He might not be able to knock it 10 yards ahead of a FB and sprint past him on the touch line, but he can play a 1-2 inside a packed penalty area and take the ball in his stride whilst running. He WILL become a great player. We will reap the most benefit giving him as much experience as possible, there are times there will be more effective options but in the long run they won't benefit us as much.

I leave you with this to refresh some memories

not sure what your point is - you think that Fazio will dominate Costa?
or punch him and get sent off?

My point is that the last time they were up against each other it ended a draw (against a team who made the CL final and won the league.) and Costa didn't score. In fact, Fazio is the only one of our defenders I can think of that would have played against Costa before, so his experience will be useful.

Add to that his record alongside vertonghen which is one defeat and 10 wins in 14 games. And what's more you want to replace him with chiriches who (much as I love him) is an even bigger liability and no way near as physically imposing.

Not trying to cunt you off or anything mate but I think you might be wrong on this one. Fazio ain't perfect but he's got to be first choice above Kaboul, vlad and dier for now

My point is that the last time they were up against each other it ended a draw (against a team who made the CL final and won the league.) and Costa didn't score. In fact, Fazio is the only one of our defenders I can think of that would have played against Costa before, so his experience will be useful.

Add to that his record alongside vertonghen which is one defeat and 10 wins in 14 games. And what's more you want to replace him with chiriches who (much as I love him) is an even bigger liability and no way near as physically imposing.

Not trying to cunt you off or anything mate but I think you might be wrong on this one. Fazio ain't perfect but he's got to be first choice above Kaboul, vlad and dier for now
I didn't think you were, whatever that's supposed to mean. I have no problem in you disagreeing, and was interested in what you had to say. However, I'm guessing that there are 20 totally different players going to be there - as well as those 2, and therefore virtually nothing will be the same, bar the rules and a football.

My concerns remain about Fazio's game, and I think Costa with the service supply line from Hazard, Fabregas, Oscar and probably Willian will be too much for the big man, who looks like a rabbit in the headlights with fast midfielders pelting at him. Costa's movement and speed of reaction have netted him 13 goals so far?
His stand in (drogba) has 6 already...... and the stand ins, stand in made JV look foolish the last time out and JV is wayyyy quicker and a better defender than Fazio. I know Vlad has a habit of brain farting, but he's quicker and a better tackler (from what I have seen of the pair of them.)
As I said earlier, despite my reservations I believe he will play Fazio. I just hope our midfield can protect the defence better than last time

[formation=433, Lloris, Walker, Fazio, Verts, Davies, Mason, Stambouli, Dembele, Lamela, Kane, Eriksen][/formation]

Might need to play like the away team and sit deep and counter bringing on the likes of Townsend and chadli later on when the game gets stretched.

Would like to see Dembele start and Lamela too.

Oh and can we please stop acting like Lamela is weak defensively and/or Lennon (who I like) is better?

He is one of the best pressers in the team, and he tracks back for 90 minutes. Lennon does that too, however Lamela makes a lot more tackles and isn't scared to get stuck in. The downside is you know there's a risk he will get sent off because he does like to throw elbows.

Whilst I'm at it I'm tired of people saying that he's only had 1 good game- Burnley. Bullshit, he bossed it against QPR, had some good performances early in the season, hit the woodwork skinned players galore etc and even saved our bacon in the Europa.
Nice to have a player who always wants the ball and doesn't shy away from it. People will moan that he makes too many dribbles- didn't see them complaining when it raped Burnley's FB. Probably the people who moaned at Bale for shooting too much till they went in. Even seen people suggest Kane shoots too much, guess they'd rather he didn't score those belters in the EL?
Lamela can do the hard part- brilliant close control, ability to find space, good vision, well weighted passing, dribbling at speed etc. Basically if you don't see a shit tonne of potential there you have a poor understanding of the technical side of football tbh. He might not be able to knock it 10 yards ahead of a FB and sprint past him on the touch line, but he can play a 1-2 inside a packed penalty area and take the ball in his stride whilst running. He WILL become a great player. We will reap the most benefit giving him as much experience as possible, there are times there will be more effective options but in the long run they won't benefit us as much.

I leave you with this to refresh some memories

I agree with a lot of that and think he has huge potential but he also has weaknesses, such as his passes sometimes not working out, being incorrectly weighted/placed, etc. all totally normal at his age in my view mind you.
People do expect too much from him and then criticise him when he fucks up. I wish more of those people took onboard that he has huge potential and technical ability but that he's Young and sometimes it doesn't work out. He needs game time, to relax and practice, and at some point - as with Bale - it will just click. He needs the benefit of the doubt from our fans is what I'm saying, but seems to have been given far far less of that than Soldado for instance who has much lower potential.
I hope Poch plays him and tells everyone in the team they have to work hard whatever their position. We need all our players giving 100% to try and get points in this one. And the confidence and pride that goes with it.

He doesn't jump thoumentally his heading isn't all that brilliant.
Not a fan, but he'll play, so matters not
Yes he will play and get mugged off a few times. He is the best we have imo. We are playing well mentally and physically just need to get the football side in order. What a season changer this would be if we won (or not lose). i want to see dier at CB at some point.

Back
Top Bottom