Tottenham Hotspur Vs Wolverhampton Yam Yam Wanderers. (Sat 17th Feb 15:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

CHOOSE FROMCHOOSE FROM
1VICARIO
2PORRO
3UDOGIE
4ROMERO
5VDV
6SARRSKIPP
7BISSOUMAHOJBJERG
8MADDISONBENTACURGLC
9KULUSEVSKIGIL
10SONJOHNSON
11RICHARLISONWERNER

Who is worried about this game?

I expect Son to start, but I really like him coming on at 60 minutes. When he and Johnson came on against tired legs........well, you all saw the winning goal. If Werner could make that cross I would be fine with Son starting.
Maybe a glimpse in to the future if he is still here in 2 seasons time. Coming on with 30 to go.

Would love for us to just go out play without fear which is what Ange is telling them to do. Let’s see angeball ffs. We didn’t really create great chances v Brighton and in other recent games. We generally score a couple but you can’t say we have sitters that we have missed. Example fati yday, Brentford at the end , Burnley in the cup. Ffs just want us to pummel teams out that extra effort and go for it. I don’t think we can play the slick passing yet so let use our pace we have in the team and get at teams. Bloody want to shut up all the piss takers about spurs!

It is at this stage of the season where the top coaches shine through.

Clearly the other teams are now familiar with how we set up and are playing to stop us; rather than implementing their own style.

I'm expecting another hard fought win. Wolves will sit off us and crowd their own box; hoping to cut off all shooting lanes.

Interestingly, in the Brighton game; we seemed to fall asleep at the 70 minute mark. We suddenly stopped pressing, the runs slowed to a jog and we sat back. We even played a few lazy passes right back to them. I do wonder if this was a tactical switch from Ange since it was not too long after we made 3 subs. It seemed we were trying to increase their confidence to push forward so we could open more space for our runners up top.

If we don’t score at least 5 I might have to start a protest at the next home game involving some banners that are sitting in my garage doing nothing.
Whatever happened to levy out????

Anyway West Ham scored 3 goals against these mugs at the London stadium of shite.

Nailed on 3 points for the Hot Spurs.

Frank knows………

its-gonna-be-so-easy-frank-sinatra.gif

I am getting fed up reading comments pre match about easy wins which turn out to be nothing of the sort. Wolves were the last PL team we failed to score against last March and beat us at home, This. like Brighton will not be easy and we need to get playing like early season. I expect a tight match with us getting a close win like Brighton. Hopefully not leaving the winner as late. A further weeks training into those still recovering from injuries will see an improved performance. Even a win could see us drop out of the top 4 before we play again with the Chelsea match PP the week after.

Vic
Porro - Romero - VDV - Udogie
Sarr - Biss - Maddison
Kulu - Son - Richy/Werner

Let's get back to the team who were so good for us in the start of the season.

Move Richy to the wing or drop him for Werner.

Son as 9 and our best midfield to protect the ball ind the end is crucial

If Cunha is out, that's big, he's been very impressive for them. Neto is back and is a great player. Have to be on alert with him.

Vic
Porro - Romero - Van de Ven - Udogie
Bissouma
Sarr - Maddison
Deki - Richarlison - Son​

Have to get back to our earlier season starting eleven.

Vicario
Sarr - Bissouma - Maddison
Kulusevski - Richarlison - Son
Has to be that if everyone is fit. Wolves are another one of those teams that press relatively well and are very physical in midfield, don't make it easy against the top clubs.

Ultimately we should have too much for them. Cunha looks like he'll be missing but Hwang will likely be back and Neto is always a danger.

One of those get in and get out with 3 point type of games. 2 weeks off after this so heading into that with 3 points and in 4th place will be good.

If Cunha is out, that's big, he's been very impressive for them. Neto is back and is a great player. Have to be on alert with him.

Vic
Bissouma
Sarr - Maddison
Deki - Richarlison - Son​
I'd go with this but if Kulu doesn't show up I'll start Johnson for the game after

Have to get back to our earlier season starting eleven.

Vicario
Sarr - Bissouma - Maddison
Kulusevski - Richarlison - Son
Has to be that if everyone is fit. Wolves are another one of those teams that press relatively well and are very physical in midfield, don't make it easy against the top clubs.

Ultimately we should have too much for them. Cunha looks like he'll be missing but Hwang will likely be back and Neto is always a danger.

One of those get in and get out with 3 point type of games. 2 weeks off after this so heading into that with 3 points and in 4th place will be good.
This is the team for me, no doubt. Udogie vs Neto could be the battle that decides the game, because of Udogie nulifies him successfully they don't have a huge number of other options.

3-1 Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom