Tottenham Hotspur vs The Bottling, Diving, Scummy Woolwich. Sun 28th April, 2:00pm kick-off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yet more pictures of away fans in the home end.
This is a good reminder. When I got to the South Stand Atrium, before the game, there were two young, tall, skinny black guys wearing red stuff and asking a steward for directions - then they disappered into the crowd. I thought to myself, 'surely not', but I swear they were goons. Looked like they were probably vloggers, out to create any upset they could.

It's not weird behaviour BUT it's a natural behaviour after supporting the club since the 80s going to the stadium on match days, you come to know and realise what to expect and what not to expect. You become real, I guess to do with experience and age too.

Today I am at that point where I am convincing myself that I won’t let yesterday piss me off any more but it’s hard. I suspect by the time Thursday rolls around I’ll be ready for even more disappointment.

I am just deciding whether to go to the Man City game at the moment as it’s a long journey now for an evening kick off of a game I’m not sure I will want us to win anyway. Plus if they can win the league that day and celebrate at our stadium I’m not sure I want to see that either. Can’t face watching another set of fans be that happy with something I’ll never see at Spurs.

I am just deciding whether to go to the Man City game at the moment as it’s a long journey now for an evening kick off of a game I’m not sure I will want us to win anyway. Plus if they can win the league that day and celebrate at our stadium I’m not sure I want to see that either. Can’t face watching another set of fans be that happy with something I’ll never see at Spurs.
What a time to be alive, eh?
Seriously mate. That's a tough one. Be interesting to see how much interest there would be if you put your ticket on the exchange.

...and THAT'S what you get when you sell half and half scarves to fans at a NLD...

They probably thought they were supporting Tottenorth Londenal Hotsparse!
lol - when I got into the South Stand, about 45 mins before kick off, just standing there, soaking it in, as you do - this foreign bloke (Iranian?) asked if I'd take some pics of him, on his phone, so I did.
Then I saw a bit of red around his neck (a half & half scarf), so I tugged the red bit and said oy, what's all this? "Oh sorry sorry," he says in broken English, " it's souvenir" and it clearly was. Fucking tourists.

Following this, an entire family of Koreans made their entrance, including Granny. Dad was stuggling under the weight of giant bags of gear they'd bought from the shop and they all had massive boxed pizzas lol. Fucking tourists.

:levywhoa:

There were two in the "Paxton". I went down for a leak just before half time,to met by the sight of a mate screaming at them to fuck off. I calmed him down,as I didn't want to see him banned. Apparently,they didn't even try to hide it after the 3rd goal went in. Arrogant pair of fuckers.
Whilst I have done it as well,I have always behaved myself and kept quiet. Not these two. Seemed shocked that someone was having a go at them. If it had been 10minutes later,I hate to think what would have happened.

Quite frankly, someone should have hospitalised the cunts.

Yes yes I know very easy to say when one doesn't have a season ticket / banning from ground riding on it!

Thought we had the better of them up until the first goal. The second goal was like watching a car crash, once Maddision lost it I just knew it, yep they're going to score- one long ball beats 6 white shirts.

Jeezus.

Set pieces, keeper being interfered with, and counter attacks have resulted too many needlessly conceded goals. The football hasn't been great of late but overall has been good enough for top 4 were it not for those glaringly obvious failures. That's on the Manager, no-one else.

As for the VAR, the reviewer was an Australian ref. My understanding is that he should not have been there because of that. You'd think that would help but its the opposite- to avoid allegations of bias when making contentious decisions they over-compensate against rather than for.

Where to from here? More shellackings are possible, and could be a challenge to keep the dressing room aligned with the manager. See what everyone is made of soon enough.

lol - when I got into the South Stand, about 45 mins before kick off, just standing there, soaking it in, as you do - this foreign bloke (Iranian?) asked if I'd take some pics of him, on his phone, so I did.
Then I saw a bit of red around his neck (a half & half scarf), so I tugged the red bit and said oy, what's all this? "Oh sorry sorry," he says in broken English, " it's souvenir" and it clearly was. Fucking tourists.
Following this, an entire family of Koreans made their entrance, including Granny. Dad was stuggling under the weight of giant bags of gear they'd bought from the shop and they all had massive boxed pizzas lol. Fucking tourists.

levy-daniel-levy.gif

What a time to be alive, eh?
Seriously mate. That's a tough one. Be interesting to see how much interest there would be if you put your ticket on the exchange.

It will sell within a couple of hours like they all have this season. I probably won’t decide till after that weekend’s fixtures though so might not get any takers except from Man City fans who’ve signed up as spurs members to get tickets for this game I suspect.

I saw a few cunts with the half and half scarfs and they were adults too. They’re shit at most games but if there is one you definitely don’t buy one at it’s yesterday. I’m surprised there were no fights over people wearing them as I did see a few of our fans getting irate with people wearing them.

It will sell within a couple of hours like they all have this season. I probably won’t decide till after that weekend’s fixtures though so might not get any takers except from Man City fans who’ve signed up as spurs members to get tickets for this game I suspect.
You think so? Surely only a tourist or some genuine sado masochist would be interested though.

Why do people struggle with the concept that other teams, including ones they dislike - can actually buy a better team than we have?

I believe we are punching above our weight, given the quality of players we have to choose from.

If Richie hadn't got injured after he hit the golden vein of form, we would - in all likelihood be in the top 3 currently, and that's down to the collective being greater than the sum of its parts.

And unless I'm over simplifying things - that's due to the big Aussie bloke

would you have done it - if you had seen them?
I'd have had a 'STIFF WORD' ...more of a 'friendly/unfriendly warning' give em all that passive aggressive shit, and maybe do that sneaky, nasty little back of the neck pinch that some of the snidier footballers do when 'just speaking to their opponent'!

I hate the morning after the day before...
ESPECIALLY as the sun is shining... doesn't reflect my mood in any way!

What's worse, is the Gooner cunts are gonna wake up and think it's ALL for them!!

Yup - Exactly Ange is being hopelessly naive. Ange says everyone needs to respect the refs and not undermine their authority by protesting which is ridiculous when talking about bent EPL refs.
Ange is naive, simple. All these disruptions by opponents when we face a corner for example. Man City was the first club to try amd block Vicario now every team tries it. We did try Madison as Vicario protector for a few games, but allowed Ben White to do it on Sunday. He tried fiddling with Vicario’s glove, he backed into Vicario. In their box Romero got a push as he went up,for a ball, he hit the post. Accidental ,yes for sure, coming clip by Tomyisaru on Dejan. Definite penalty. It happened throughout the game. Call it professionalism is you want but the sooner Ange loses the naivety amd gets our boys to do similar the better, Obviously Arteta has been trained by the master.

The atmosphere seemed awesome on tv….even at 0-3. Don’t forget it’s tough for fans to be 0-3 in a derby especially when two are from almost identical set pieces.

Myself and my son (Argyle season ticket holders) got tickets for the Forest game as he wanted to see Premiership football. Don’t ever underestimate the incredible stadium you have and the money it will generate.

I do wonder why you don’t turn off the music 15 minutes before kickoff and say “over to the fans”. For the first few games it would be quiet but would soon improve.

Anyway, don’t forget you have a set up that could be top 5 in Europe soon.

And for the loanees…..look after Phillips as he will be your Van Dyjk. I’m not sure why he isn’t getting minutes in your team now.

Devine. Not so much. Looks like a lost boy and out of his depth. Very good at getting the ball and passing backwards……

Back
Top Bottom