Tottenham Hotspur vs The Bottling, Diving, Scummy Woolwich. Sun 28th April, 2:00pm kick-off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And yet here we are, challenging for a CL place in his first season and we just gave the league leaders a 3 goal start whilst making them play like Stoke for 90 minutes.
His two predecessors were much vaunted trophy magnets who made us play football that made your eyes bleed. And they had the luxury of having a world class striker leading the line

I know whose football team I'd rather watch
You're saying this like it's a good thing.

Bergvall will need to be something very very special , we will not be spending big , we all know that . Trouble is he is just a kid in a new league , but if he can’t step up I don’t see this group with a couple of 20-30 million purchases making the difference. No pressure on the poor lad then

It's hard enough winning this league anyway, but as a developing team with so much bullshit against us on top it's getting crazy.
How were we the only team with a 15 day break that conveniently is right before our joint biggest match of season.
The refs are sickening as is VAR. We are clearly not the only team to get fucked, but we are certainly one of the team's fucked with the most.
It all starts with the passive not obvious never booking an opponent even if they commit 7 fouls. Or many of them targeting one specific player. When it comes to big decisions, we mostly get fucked.
For sure we are not a great team (yet) and lack many things, but the bullshit refs / VAR is like ice skating uphill. It's not accidental it's to keep us in our place as if we did win we would not simply fuck off like Leicester, we would stay around....

Yeah I guess that does make sense regarding ex pros. Let's face it though we would end up with VAR teams like:
J Terry
T Adams
D Wise

I'm just being bitter. 😂 If done properly it's more sensible as they have far more insight.
The audio of the VAR discussing Romero's red against chavs which was called a good tackle at first just shows they have no clue

Fucking fantastic post.

Time that Spurs fans realise that there is a hard ceiling on anything that’s possible for this club and continuing to put money and time into football is the most pointless waste of energy. But because they know we have a passion for our club we will continue to put up with getting fucked by them.

Calming down enough to be coherent.
Why the fuck do we let Ben White sit on Vickky without anyone going in on White. Been happening since City. Then Madds started doing it then we stopped again. Madness. That's on Ange.

We don't practice the dark arts. Just too fucking nice.
Ref was a joke. Not to give the Ben Davies one, when standing 3 yards away was criminal. Did they even look at the Kulu one.

Gave them a 3 goal start. Not earned, given. Ball stops for 5-6 seconds on virtually every attack. Like we stop to think or scared to take a chance.

Started PEH. He's shit every time we face the scum.

Fifty years supporting us and now I gave to want us to lose to City.

Love Ange, but got to question what's happening at the back.

Stayed off here yesterday for obvious reasons.

For the possession we had,we were so lacklustre in the final third it was awful to watch(even though the football wasn't that bad,except in front of goal).
We only started to look a bit more threatening when Johnson then Richarlison came(both should have started ).
And as much of the ball we had,we never looked likely to get a draw let alone a win
VDV Man of the match.

And why does arteta get away with touchline coaching so consistently,while others don't. Funny enough,the one of the others that does as well is his mentor,pep.

What is predictable is Tottenham get crap refereeing, the WORST IN THE WORLD, while Sky want Woolwich to win the league. The media are in on it just as they report lies in politics. Someone in Tottenham has to complain about the bias against just as Nottingham Forest did.

Haha imagine this, imagine making ourselves look like clown show the way Forrest did.

If nothing else you can see Tomiyasu move his leg and crouch down to try and block it. Seems strange to say that’s not an attempt to play it, unless clearances also aren’t playing the ball.

Need to hear the VAR audio on this. I suspect they missed it and focused on the offside when he gets the ball. Doesn’t matter now anyway, VAR has fucked it for everyone.

the champions league does offsides differently and seems far quicker than all line drawing shit.

AI would be the way to go with whatever can be done with AI. the problem is certain stuff is always going to be subjective. no one can ever say that having ex pros in there who have played the game at that intensity and speed are not a better choice than some nerds who have never played anywhere near that level but read the text book on the rules.

should be 3 ex pros in there and they vote on challenges. majority wins.
That would be 3 ex-gooners(Smith, Merson, Keown) on every game we played then!

You can be sure of that!

If it wasn’t for VAR, Oliver would have waved away Ben’s penalty claim…how and why????
Money Pay Up GIF by Curious Pavel

See, I find this talk weird. You either don't care at all and genuinely have no feelings or you care enough to post on here.

It's weird how people have to continually shout loudly about how much they don't care. It's weird behaviour.

It's not weird behaviour BUT it's a natural behaviour after supporting the club since the 80s going to the stadium on match days, you come to know and realise what to expect and what not to expect. You become real, I guess to do with experience and age too.

Last edited:
I thought it was taking too long with VDV's goal... Obviously took them a while to find the correct frame so they could deny the goal.
There is far too much room for humans (bent cunts) to fiddle things. This could be where AI could perhaps be used. No debate AI draws the lines and that's it. Also would be a lot fucking quicker!
VAR was meant to be about "clear and obvious" situations!

Not about looking for millimeters of offsides.

The system is used for all the wrong reasons in England, to benefit the biggest clubs.

You only need a fan-boy referee in the VAR-room, to swing decisions in the"right direction".

Sometimes Sky don't even show replays of dubious situations, you need to ask the question why!

PL is the biggest league in the world, with the biggest money available. I think you need to be very naive to think there are no corruption going on.

VAR was meant to be about "clear and obvious" situations!

The system is used for all the wrong reasons in England, to benefit the biggest clubs.
You only need a fan-boy referee in the VAR-room, to swing decisions in the"right direction".
Sometimes Sky don't even show replays of dubious situations, you need to ask the question why!
PL is the biggest league in the world, with the biggest money available. I think you need to be very naive to think there are no corruption going on.
Of course there is... We're just too tight to pay for any of it to go in our favour!!

Yet more pictures of away fans in the home end.
There were two in the "Paxton". I went down for a leak just before half time,to met by the sight of a mate screaming at them to fuck off. I calmed him down,as I didn't want to see him banned. Apparently,they didn't even try to hide it after the 3rd goal went in. Arrogant pair of fuckers.
Whilst I have done it as well,I have always behaved myself and kept quiet. Not these two. Seemed shocked that someone was having a go at them. If it had been 10minutes later,I hate to think what would have happened.

There were two in the "Paxton". I went down for a leak just before half time,to met by the sight of a mate screaming at them to fuck off. I calmed him down,as I didn't want to see him banned. Apparently,they didn't even try to hide it after the 3rd goal went in. Arrogant pair of fuckers.
Whilst I have done it as well,I have always behaved myself and kept quiet. Not these two. Seemed shocked that someone was having a go at them. If it had been 10minutes later,I hate to think what would have happened.
...and THAT'S what you get when you sell half and half scarves to fans at a NLD...

They probably thought they were supporting Tottenorth Londenal Hotsparse!

Back
Top Bottom