Tottenham Hotspur vs The Bottling, Diving, Scummy Woolwich. Sun 28th April, 2:00pm kick-off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where were we in the table when Conte was sacked last season?
Conte predicted our finish very well. I can still remember what he said:

"And where will we finish with this mentality? 7th, 8th place? I'm not used to working with such low levels of achievement."

It's the same beast. The players are crapping out when they should be stepping up.

And this has been irrefutably proven time and time again. Managers come. Managers go. Levy remains the constant. We win nothing.
It's as predictable as lager turning to piss
What is predictable is Tottenham get crap refereeing, the WORST IN THE WORLD, while Sky want Woolwich to win the league. The media are in on it just as they report lies in politics. Someone in Tottenham has to complain about the bias against just as Nottingham Forest did.

Insanity.........why is Romero in the striker's position to score a consolation goal in the box??
Oh My God Omg GIF
Sadly……….our CB’s are the biggest scoring threat as of late

Wow I can’t believe the negativity in this place. We were the better team today with regard to both the metrics and the eye test IMO, with the one exception of corners. Arse didn’t create shit today. Oliver and VAR handed them the game. Simple as that. And I’m not one to blame refs typically.

I think it’s time for Ange to abandon his white knight approach, much as I respect it. Fergie criticized every ref decision that went against him after a match. Klopp whines about a replay and gets every decision for months. Arteta calls the refereeing a disgrace and has gotten every decision since.

Blaming anybody but ourselves for that result today is delusional. They were 3-0 up without getting out of 2nd gear. If raya hadn't gifted romero that goal they'd of comfortably seen that 3-0 out. Clueless up top naive at the back. Doesn't really matter how good the middle bit is when we are so poor in the big moments at both ends. It's a player issue and it's a system issue. We knew how Woolwich were going to play but more crucially they knew how we would play and the blueprint to beat us is there and until we change it will continue to be there.

Blaming anybody but ourselves for that result today is delusional. They were 3-0 up without getting out of 2nd gear. If raya hadn't gifted romero that goal they'd of comfortably seen that 3-0 out. Clueless up top naive at the back. Doesn't really matter how good the middle bit is when we are so poor in the big moments at both ends. It's a player issue and it's a system issue. We knew how Woolwich were going to play but more crucially they knew how we would play and the blueprint to beat us is there and until we change it will continue to be there.
we must be the easiest side to ply against. we stick a front 3 out there that are only useful on the counter....so the logical thing to do is sit back yourself and counter, our front 3 doesnt have the guile to break down a team thats sitting back...we dont cross the fucking ball when the box is flooded so its a fucking easy game.

its feeling a bit like conte now. the same shit over and over and the penny hasnt dropped yet it seems! instead of watching 5 fucking defenders start a game when we only had 1 fucking good defender! and emerson royal being on the ball in dangerous areas....weve now got tactics that have a bunch of useless braindead pace dependant forwards try and play cute stuff through brick walls......painful

Wow I can’t believe the negativity in this place. We were the better team today with regard to both the metrics and the eye test.
Passed the eye test. Brilliant. Then I'm afraid we confused the biggest north London derby in years with a fucking visit to specsavers.

Romero should had had a penalty from his header that hit the post. 2 armed shove from Partey who wasn’t looking at the ball.

Then the VDV goal came off 2 Woolwich players before his shot, not sure how that’s offside.

Someone else got wrestled to the ground in the box by Rice was well.

Then the clip of Kulu in the box to bring him down.

Not 1 of these a penalty…. I smell a stinky FA focused on City not winning the title to make there shonk of an investigation not a bigger deal.

Yet we could easily have had 3 goals ourselves in the 1st half without relying on 'gifts' of bad defending.

Funny old game, innit.

Why do people on here always blame the referee when it’s the back four who can’t defend set pieces

Cope? They want an external factor to focus on rather than accepting our own limitations. Blaming referees is the classic go-to for football fans everywhere. Ask a fan of any of the top 6 this season if they think officials are against them, they’ll likely say yes.

I think we had some marginal decisions not to our way today. None of the claims were stonewall. If the Kulu pen gets given against us the same people scream incompetency and clear and obvious.

When we’re at the point where people complaining about an offside goal being called offside you know it’s mostly just emotion. We caused our own downfall.

some leicester fans said at the start of the season that he can be worldclass some games and then goes missing some other games

More than gone missing, what bothers me is his petulant attitude, getting involved in stupid scuffles everywhere. It's disappointing when we have seen how good he can be.

he deflects any questions re set-pieces- as per the usual:angeshock:
=
Ange Postecoglou was not happy after the loss.
“Disappointing day for us. We didn’t get the outcome we wanted from a big game,” he said.

“There are a lot of moments in games when we don’t sense that you are giving good opposition time and space to do things. They are going to hurt you.

“I don’t think it’s about just set-pieces. We were very poor on those but there is a lot more to fix.”

He was much more terse with reporters during his press conference, which didn’t last long, Sky Sports reported.

We knew how Woolwich were going to play but more crucially they knew how we would play and the blueprint to beat us is there and until we change it will continue to be there.

correct. they know how we will play - which they know is the usual playbook.
on the other hand - we didn't care how they will play as per our ange-ball-book

Back
Top Bottom