Tottenham Hotspur vs The Bottling, Diving, Scummy Woolwich. Sun 28th April, 2:00pm kick-off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Its crazy. I'm going to re-iterate: Woolwich were not good today. I wouldn't be surprised to see them crack at United or even against Bournemouth. Their players are jittery and not putting together good football at all. Within the first 5-10 Partey was coughing it up on the edge of their box. Raya's thrown it to us for a goal and then Rice has kicked someone in the balls FFS.

We were leaving huge gaps all over the place but they didn't capitalise, if you watch it back (well, don't) then you'll see in that second half how bad it was at times. Their own fear & poor play prevented a battering. The one time they put together a nice attacking move they had acres of space.

The funniest bit was when Roy Keane at HT said Woolwich were "brilliant". Was so obvious he was going off the scoreline. They were good on set pieces and the 2nd goal was nice but other than Saka and Havertz nobody was on it. This was them bottling it, we were presented with an open net. And we fucked it.
Yeah they were there for the taking. I think that's what has wound me up the most

They weren't good and we let them win.

So VAR recommended that Oliver look at the screen regarding Kulu’s penalty claim, Oliver refused.

What would be his thought process for not wanting to take another look? I can’t think of anything logical just bias…

Our defending, especially at set pieces, is obviously poor; but our attacking play is pretty lame and predictable, and those forwards simply aren't good enough. Fact is, we sold Kane and never replaced him with anyone...Johnson? Werner? do me a favour.
We still haven't replaced D-Rose, Walker, Bale, Eriksen...so Kane? Be patient, lad.

The fucked up part of it is we will beat them and hand the title to Woolwich😡

Just imagine if we did that 🤣
Funnier still, Man Utd play the Arse in a week or so... Will be interesting to see if they 'get it' and allow the Arse to win....

I assume their result, and ours against City will cancel themselves out, as I expect both City and Arse to win...

But fuck me I'll be annoyed if we go all out to heat City, after we gave the Arse a 3-goal head start today....

Won't happen though, we'll be lucky to stay in single figures against City!! Might even help push up their GD!

So VAR recommended that Oliver look at the screen regarding Kulu’s penalty claim, Oliver refused.

What would be his thought process for not wanting to take another look? I can’t think of anything logical just bias…

The referring against us seriously strange since Liverpool.
I mean that Ben Davies one, how you could look at that and think play on.

They must have told him in his ear piece you can't ignore this one and have to give it because it's fuckin ridiculous

Ain’t seen any Celtic fans in here for a while ?
Mr Bean Reaction GIF
They'll have him back soon enough

The referring against us seriously strange since Liverpool.
I mean that Ben Davies one, how you could look at that and think play on.

They must have told him in his ear piece you can't ignore this one and have to give it because it's fuckin ridiculous
How is it even possible to refuse a VAR review?

Are you fucking kidding me? If true, fuck this league.
From r/coys on Reddit…

“Robbie Earle specifically said it on NBC. They talked about it for about a minute, all agreed that it was a pen (if a soft pen) and Earle said that clearly VAR also thought there might be an issue because they'd advised Oliver to go take another look and he refused.”

He’s entitled to refuse but what would drive him to decide that? He’s the fucking ref and should want to be 100% correct on his decisions…

Bissouma and Sarr on the bench so that stale piece of wood Hojjboggle could start was a really bad decision by PRcoglu, just a really static midfield pairing against one of the most dynamic ones of Rice and Partey was never going to end well not to mention Baddison turning in a massive stinker of a performance while they had Odegard doing a ballet performance for them.

From r/coys on Reddit…

“Robbie Earle specifically said it on NBC. They talked about it for about a minute, all agreed that it was a pen (if a soft pen) and Earle said that clearly VAR also thought there might be an issue because they'd advised Oliver to go take another look and he refused.”
Unbelievable. If Ange or Levy don’t demand an inquest, what’s the point of even trying anymore? Might as well be playing the part of the Washington Generals in every game from now on.

From r/coys on Reddit…

He’s entitled to refuse but what would drive him to decide that? He’s the fucking ref and should want to be 100% correct on his decisions…
Agree.

From r/coys on Reddit…

If he’s entitled to refuse then what’s the point of VAR and officiating at all?

From r/coys on Reddit…

Ahh yes we've reached that stage, "he was advised to go have a look but he said no" this shit gets trotted out every other month about refs ignoring var advice, clubs are always looking to sink into that comfortable feeling of conspiracy and do you know why? because defeats are hard to take even more so when it's a derby game like this so we all need our life jackets, something to hold onto, something to give us some sort of feeling of "oh it only ended like that because we were robbed"

Has it fuck. The season under Conte literally the season before last was significantly better. That win at the Etihad, beating Woolwich in the NLD at the end of the season, numerous huge score-lines at the end of the season where the team was clicking and Son/Kane/Kulu was looking unstoppable.

This season isn't even over. We've got to go to two of our worst grounds and still play City. The only enjoyable part of this entire season was the first 10 games. Aside from that we ended a silverware hunt in record time and the football has been stale for months.
The season we lost 0-3, 0-3, 1-3 to Palace, Chelsea, and Woolwich? Then lost 0-1 to West Ham and 0-3 to United? Then lost 0-2 to Chelsea? 0-2 to Wolves, 0-1 to Burnley, and 2-3 to United.

Difference between this season and that is we started well this season and have finished poor. That season we started shit and finished well.

We're not a consistent club, and haven't been in ages.

Back
Top Bottom