Tottenham Hotspur vs The Bottling, Diving, Scummy Woolwich. Sun 28th April, 2:00pm kick-off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Porro will start tbh

With respect so what?

As I have stated we have bigger issues than the full backs or whatever stupid term they are referred to.

We can't ruffle them as our midfield is neither aggressive or fluid, we dont have an out and out striker, and crucially we lack confidence.

We need to make the atmosphere extremely hostile.

This is the key aspect of the game for me -

Insert Robbie from AFTV “you go to Tottenham, you put your life in your hands”

Insert Gary Neville “Those Tottenham fans brutalised Woolwich”

Insert the gooner hiding in Greggs toilets

They hate coming here to play us when we make the atmosphere horrible for them. We cannot have any wimpy attitudes from anyone either players or fans going into this, if we give it to them they’ll crumble

This could be heaven or hell on Sunday.

We could literally hand them the title if we roll over and let them tickle our bellies but imagine if we actually went out there and got in their faces aggressive as fuck,played quick clinical football,beat them and effectively end their title challenge?

The fans in the stadium need to make this horrible for those cunts and then we need the lads to stand up do their jobs.

I’ve never wanted to win against them as much as I do on Sunday. EVER

think the best we can put out for me is
vicario

porro
Romero
vdv
Davies

Bissouma
Sarr
Maddison

Son
Kulu
Johnson

need sarr's box to box energy and work rate.

need kulu's ability to hold the ball, and have more physical presence in our own box at set pieces .

we've only been really poor the once at home this season, and that was against wolves. Chelsea was more bizarre than poor

Emery and Tuchel are two hugely pragmatic managers Ange simply is not but can he instill a pragmatic sit deep when needed mentality for this game? Because that's what'll be needed, I do genuinely think if this was an away game we'd have a better chance but because it's a home game there's almost a responsibility on the team (not just from the manager but fans) to go out and be entertaining and give it a go which I think will play into their hands.

Emery and Tuchel are two hugely pragmatic managers Ange simply is not but can he instill a pragmatic sit deep when needed mentality for this game? Because that's what'll be needed, I do genuinely think if this was an away game we'd have a better chance but because it's a home game there's almost a responsibility on the team (not just from the manager but fans) to go out and be entertaining and give it a go which I think will play into their hands.

Good post.

Now that 4th is only possible if we win, it makes a proactive approach even more likely, and that adds danger to your point.

This should have been a game without wider significance for us. Lose it, so what, so let's give it a go. Not now due to our recent form..

Now it's anything but.

4-4-2 , with a proper striker and Son would have been ideal, and sit back. Bissouma and an out of form Maddison in a 3 screams danger.

Last edited:
4-4-2 , with a proper striker and Son would have been ideal, and sit back. Bissouma and an out of form Maddison in a 3 screams danger.

Of all the things that aren't going to happen, this is the thing that won't happen the most. Ange changing formation to counter an opponent would be lovely but I'm not sure how many times this season he's actually done it.

think the best we can put out for me is
vicario

porro
Romero
vdv
Davies

Bissouma
Sarr
Maddison

Son
Kulu
Johnson

need sarr's box to box energy and work rate.

need kulu's ability to hold the ball, and have more physical presence in our own box at set pieces .

we've only been really poor the once at home this season, and that was against wolves. Chelsea was more bizarre than poor
Bissouma cannot be on the pitch for this. He's been so poor the last 2 months, and the midfield has been so weak.

Hojbjerg would be the better choice. He understands when to sit in, as well as allow Sarr/Bentancur to push forward.

Back
Top Bottom