Tottenham Hotspur vs The Bottling, Diving, Scummy Woolwich. Sun 28th April, 2:00pm kick-off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Got a feeling it'll be :

Vicario
Emerson* - Romero - Van de Ven - Udogie
Sarr - Bissouma - Maddison
Kulusevski - Richarlison - Son
With Porro coming in for Emerson if hamstring isn't bad and he's back.

I just don't see him starting Hojbjerg regardless, simply because he has no future here. So it's likely going to be Bissouma until the end of the season, with perhaps rotation with Bentancur but we'll get slaughtered if Bentancur is in the 6 against Woolwich.

Richy back to be able to hold up the ball and provide a physical presence and same with Kulusevski. We need the retention up there otherwise Woolwich will have a field day. Hopefully some time on the bench has woke Deki up.

Won't be an easy game. Home support has to be on from the off and we've got to get into them from the very first minute. Must not lose.

Got a feeling it'll be :

Vicario

I just don't see him starting Hojbjerg regardless, simply because he has no future here. So it's likely going to be Bissouma until the end of the season, with perhaps rotation with Bentancur but we'll get slaughtered if Bentancur is in the 6 against Woolwich.

Richy back to be able to hold up the ball and provide a physical presence and same with Kulusevski. We need the retention up there otherwise Woolwich will have a field day. Hopefully some time on the bench has woke Deki up.

Won't be an easy game. Home support has to be on from the off and we've got to get into them from the very first minute. Must not lose.

No way should it be Bissouma. It's clear as day that unless you surround him with midfield power he can't deliver. All the continued playing of him ain't going to change it.

Woolwich will devour him.

This is about so much more than a game of Football, even if they were sitting mid table it would be about more, the fact that they are a couple of points of the top and a Win for us puts to bed their title dreams for the season means we should be ready to go to War to win this game!

Only if they're out of the league title race after the Wolves and Chelsea games.
If they do progress and their next UCL game is on a Tuesday then our game will be pushed back from Sunday to Saturday which would leave them one less day to recover.
And of course they will have that game in mind when they play us.

This is about so much more than a game of Football, even if they were sitting mid table it would be about more, the fact that they are a couple of points of the top and a Win for us puts to bed their title dreams for the season means we should be ready to go to War to win this game!
But do most of our players strike you as the types to go to war,and keep their heads.I can see us picking up a couple of reds in this game.

No way should it be Bissouma. It's clear as day that unless you surround him with midfield power he can't deliver. All the continued playing of him ain't going to change it.

Woolwich will devour him.

I don't think it should be either.

But that's the team I think Ange will go with. Hojbjerg, despite his performances off the bench can't get a start (presumably because he isn't seen as having a future here) and Bentancur is the worse 6 of the three.

Therefore we have to hope and pray Bissouma raises his game for Woolwich like he does every single season going back to when he was at Brighton.

Got a feeling it'll be :

Vicario

Does Biss have a future here?

Does Biss have a future here?

Much more of one than Hojbjerg I suspect. Considering he consistently starts over him.

It's pretty common knowledge that it's a guarantee Hojbjerg will be off in the summer.

Biggest game of the season. I'd be shocked if Ange started someone in the middle of the park who has zero future at the club.

I don't think it should be either.

But that's the team I think Ange will go with. Hojbjerg, despite his performances off the bench can't get a start (presumably because he isn't seen as having a future here) and Bentancur is the worse 6 of the three.

Therefore we have to hope and pray Bissouma raises his game for Woolwich like he does every single season going back to when he was at Brighton.

You see this is the issue with us. It's too much hope or baseless optimism.

A slightly more pragmatic manager might simply go 4-4-2 or even 4-5-1, and have 2 of Bissouma/Hjojberg and Bentancur.

Then you can play Maddison and Sarr and probably have Kulusevski or Son behind Richarlison..

Much more of one than Hojbjerg I suspect. Considering he consistently starts over him.

It's pretty common knowledge that it's a guarantee Hojbjerg will be off in the summer.

Biggest game of the season. I'd be shocked if Ange started someone in the middle of the park who has zero future at the club.
Can we recall Craig? :rolleyes:

Amen to that. These cunts are lucky CCTV is now a thing. I detest this fan base with every fibre, some of the older ones are ok, it’s the 2003 onwards younger ones that need a severe hiding. Pencil necked, online nerds who think it’s all about the ‘ banta’

They always disappear on derby day it’s the one day of the year when they don’t dress like their club shop.
Pencil necked 😂. Which pencil necked idiot has disagreed with this

You see this is the issue with us. It's too much hope or baseless optimism.

A slightly more pragmatic manager might simply go 4-4-2 or even 4-5-1, and have 2 of Bissouma/Hjojberg and Bentancur.

Then you can play Maddison and Sarr and probably have Kulusevski or Son behind Richarlison..
We’ll push our full backs into midfield, even if the RB ends up being the laughing stock, hapless shitkicker Royal and their wide players will kill us

Anyone think Dane Scarlett should start the game, or is it too much of a risk?

We need someone who can find the net,as we don't have a hitman at the moment.

Unlikely.

A striker is essential in the summer. 2, if Richarlison leaves.

The conundrum is Son, who might soon have to settle for starts off the bench.

For the Woolwich game we probably need Richarlison to start or to go 4 in the middle.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom