Tottenham Hotspur vs The Bottling, Diving, Scummy Woolwich. Sun 28th April, 2:00pm kick-off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We are all prophets as well because the moment Oliver got assigned we all knew that we wouldn’t get a single “Marginal Call” and would get fucked on multiple other calls.

How did we know?

You are naive or reluctant to admit what it really is. Football fans don’t want to believe what their own eyes see. They will gaslight themselves in fear of being called a “conspiracy theorist”.

Yeah that's just called confirmation bias. Pretty much any ref could have been assigned and you wouldn't have liked it. Now some marginal calls didn't go our way and you're going to act like its a big conspiracy against us. You wouldn't have said shit if the same decisions were reversed.

No I just see things which are very easily explainable and don't require conspiracy theories. You've been itching to say this shit all season and now we've had an emotional derby so you've gone full out. Good for you I guess.

ESPN VAR review:

VAR review: It was a pivotal passage of play, as if the VAR had chosen to get involved, then Woolwich's second goal would have been ruled out and Tottenham had the chance to equalise from the penalty spot.

Yet while we've seen penalties awarded on the field for this, they haven't been given through VAR.

Two specific examples spring to mind, perhaps most memorable being Craig Pawson's decision to award a penalty to Wolves and send off Woolwich defender David Luiz when he had made inadvertent contact with the trailing leg of Willian José. The Gunners lost an appeal against Luiz's red card for denying an obvious goal-scoring opportunity.

More along the lines of this incident was the spot kick awarded to Paul Pogba when his boot brushed the leg of Aston Villa's Douglas Luiz, causing the Manchester United player to clip his own heels and go down in the area. The referee in that game just happened to be Oliver too.

Penalties can be awarded in this situation, as a defending player isn't allowed to impede the movement of an attacker even if they haven't made a challenge, otherwise it would give free rein to get close behind without attempting a tackle to stop their progress.

Though Kulusevski's boot touches the leg of Trossard as he moves forward, it's questionable whether this could ever be enough to be considered a clear and obvious error.

"Sky Sports presenter Dave Jones has revealed that VAR did check the alleged foul on Dejan Kulusevski in the build-up to Bukayo Saka’s goal but concluded that it was only ‘minimal contact’.
According to Jones, VAR’s assessment of the incident was that the contact was not enough to bring Kulusevski down."

Minimal; yet no less significant........

Unless Kulu deserved a yellow for trying to con the ref?

If you knew how much I hated feeling that way - if they need to win against us to win the league, then the lesser of two evils.
I wasn't going to bother expanding on this, didn't think I had to, TBH, but having got three disagrees, I just can't let it go.
Brooklyn Brooklyn , Percy Clay Percy Clay , SpiderSpurs SpiderSpurs - I have had the misfortune to watch that lot down the road win the league - not once, but TWICE, at our home ground. We've had to suffer the Wegner years and the ignobility of St Totteringham's Day for years. They nearly won the league last year and it's going to finish me off if they manage it this year. I hate what the PL is all about, but my loathing for those usurpers knows no limits and I would put up with losing a game against Citeh if it stops them lifting the PL trophy.
Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Rant over!

I wasn't going to bother expanding on this, didn't think I had to, TBH, but having got three disagrees, I just can't let it go.
Brooklyn Brooklyn , Percy Clay Percy Clay , SpiderSpurs SpiderSpurs - I have had the misfortune to watch that lot down the road win the league - not once, but TWICE, at our home ground. We've had to suffer the Wegner years and the ignobility of St Totteringham's Day for years. They nearly won the league last year and it's going to finish me off if they manage it this year. I hate what the PL is all about, but my loathing for those usurpers knows no limits and I would put up with losing a game against Citeh if it stops them lifting the PL trophy.

Rant over!
Makes perfect sense to me!
And i'm normally, of the "always want spurs to win however it much it helps them " ilk.
Couldn't handle them winning it this year though.
Also,if they mess up again,hopefully it will have a negative effect on them next season.

Sure- like you could possibly know that.

"Sky Sports presenter Dave Jones has revealed that VAR did check the alleged foul on Dejan Kulusevski in the build-up to Bukayo Saka’s goal but concluded that it was only ‘minimal contact’.
According to Jones, VAR’s assessment of the incident was that the contact was not enough to bring Kulusevski down."

Minimal; yet no less significant........

Unless Kulu deserved a yellow for trying to con the ref?

Like I said all along. I told you not to get caught up in silly conspiracies bk_spur bk_spur

Wow. Get off your high horse! 😆
Wanting us to lose a game (or at least not mind losing) is mental to me. I don't care about other teams, I care about our team - I know you do too - however, I've never understood why people would be ok with us losing a game. :disdain:
I thought we had moved on from all those hoping we lost games in order to get Mourinho / Nuno / Conte sacked. This is the same nonsensical thought process to me. :confused:
Rant over!
Great :thumbup:

Rant over!
Whoa whoa whoa either you are mixing me up with another poster or else I disagreed with a post of yours accidently (very possible if I was on my phone). Believe me, vs. City I would happily watch us turn around and start pumping the ball into our own net repeatedly. Let's lose 50-0, all own goals, just in case it comes down to goal difference!

Back
Top Bottom