Tottenham Hotspur vs The Bottling, Diving, Scummy Woolwich. Sun 28th April, 2:00pm kick-off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ange obviously takes the lion's share of the blame for how we set up but I do think he's inherited a mess of a forward line. He hasn't helped by adding equally flakey Johnson and Werner to it tbf.

We probably do have the 6th/7th best group of attackers in the league so we shouldn't really expect to finish higher than that. Not a single one of them strikes fear into the opposition. Even United you worry about Rashford on his day, Newcastle Isak, Villa Watkins but I genuinely don't think teams have that worry with us.

We still live on the glory days of Son but he's essentially useless outside of counter-attacks and someone like Kane to put the ball on a plate.

I managed to fuck up by thinking the pub near to my apartment was showing the game. It only has BT sports.
Am sat quietly having a pint, having given up on walking around in the pissing rain to find a pub showing it.
Best decision I’ve made in many years by the sound of it. Having to put up with the dog farting and smelling wet is much better than watching us get humiliated by that bunch of cunts.

We need the Levy out chants to start again.
Too many cunts in our fan base let him off the hook with the appointment of Postecoglou which was bizarre in itself.
Nothing changes until he finally fucks off

mannn it will be sooooooo sweet when we come back and win it 4-3
Tottenham_Hotspur_FC_flag_2.gif

I think we started well and the lads have brought a good level of effort. But the set piece goals have killed the game, Woolwich simply aren’t leaving any spaces now. They have the game won.

Ange can be as flippant as he likes but our defending on set pieces will get him the sack if it doesn’t improve. We look like we will concede from every single one, any decent manager should be able to sort that. A team that can’t deal with a basic ball in the air is not going to win anything or achieve anything.

I don’t understand how tripping Kulu in the box isn’t a penalty?

That very likely gives us a goal and takes one away from them.
I can’t understand why pushing Romero in the back…..as he headed against the post…..wasn‘t a penalty and when the hell is this backing into Vicario at corners going to be sorted? What the hell is Angeball…..reach the penalty box and keep passing it all directions except towards the goal.

Teams have just worked us out, sit deep and let us do fuck all with the ball making backwards & sideways passes on the edge of box, then either ping a long ball forward for a massive overload or just wait for the gift of an easy corner/free kick goal.

No Plan B, the second half will be the exact same.

In some ways strange game, I didn’t expect us to have so much ball and so much territory, but in other ways not so strange in that our firwards stop every attack, every time they’ve been in our half they’ve scored and our defensive set pieces are fucking piss weak.

Last edited:
Every proper coach can figure out how to play against this Ange ball. Just look at the stats from this game and newcastle. Let Spurs keep the ball and do absolutely nothing with, then go on counter and get corner or score a open net.

We have been the better team, ridiculous as it sounds to say being 0-3 down.
Or barring the Offisde goal they have just picked us off , they know we are weak on corners and scored 2 - it’s almost like Lego head has a plan and the team are executing it ! Still it’s a funny old game - that goal allowed to stand at 1-1 and we probably score another straight after

Back
Top Bottom