Tottenham Hotspur vs Shakhtar Donetsk, Sunday 6th August, 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Does Ange stretch out his starting XI for Brentford in this match or vs Barca Can’t see players doing both so close to the season.

Does Ange stretch out his starting XI for Brentford in this match or vs Barca Can’t see players doing both so close to the season.
Ange said he would give most of the players a run out over the 2 games, would expect tomorrows starting line up to be the line up at Brentford barring maybe VDV playing next week

Ange said he would give most of the players a run out over the 2 games, would expect tomorrows starting line up to be the line up at Brentford barring maybe VDV playing next week
Be interesting to see the line up. I know they're only friendlies but Barca game may be in Ange's thoughts.

Just setting off for the trip along the M4 now. Hoping to see a difference in style and energy from the players from when we last made the trip for the Brentford game in May :ange-pray:

Will be heading to Liverpool Street for some pre match beers then jump on the train to the match , Looking forward to some positive football and a few goals hopefully

On my way after offering up a few prayers for Ange, as I think he's going to need them more than anyone else.
Prayer Please GIF by Rosanna Pansino

Looks like I'm going to miss this, will watch later on SpursPlay. Hope every one at the ground and at home has a fine afternoon

Wife's sexy friend and her mum are coming for lunch after they've been to the swimming pool. I'm making Ensalada templada de verdinas con verduras asadas y atún (Warm salad of verdina beans with roast vegetables and tuna, my own creation, loosely based on escalibada, a Catalan roast vegetable dish eaten at room temperature). A lightly-chilled young Rioja to accompany. Achingly middle class or what?

(Verdinas are little light-green beans from Asturias in the north of Spain, highly recommended if you ever see them in a restaurant or in the shops)

(Photo shows: Some verdina beans, pictured earlier)
Verdinas.jpg

Looks like I'm going to miss this, will watch later on SpursPlay. Hope every one at the ground and at home has a fine afternoon

Wife's sexy friend and her mum are coming for lunch after they've been to the swimming pool. I'm making Ensalada templada de verdinas con verduras asadas y atún (Warm salad of verdina beans with roast vegetables and tuna, my own creation, loosely based on escalibada, a Catalan roast vegetable dish eaten at room temperature). A lightly-chilled young Rioja to accompany. Achingly middle class or what?

(Verdinas are little light-green beans from Asturias in the north of Spain, highly recommended if you ever see them in a restaurant or in the shops)

(Photo shows: Some verdina beans, pictured earlier)
Verdinas.jpg
Ooooh get you 👏

The season has not even started and the whole ticket prices crap is already getting on my tits.

It’s a middle class problem. Now the middle class are being affected it’s an issue suddenly. Selfish fucks. NIMBYs of the football workd. It’s been an issue for a long time.
I know of families using food banks who haven’t been able to avoid premier league football for over a decade. Kids who grew up only dreaming of watching their heroes play live.

And any money the same morons moaning are the ones asking us to buy average players for £50m. £50 fucking million.

This might be the season I have to step away from premier league football entirely to drown out the noise from the idiots.

Take up fishing or something shite like that.
Or knitting. On LSD. Wearing mittens. Probably be less infuriating.

Back
Top Bottom