Tottenham Hotspur VS Rennes. ECL - Thursday Dec 9th 2021 KO 8PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It would be a footnote on our honours list and the fixture congestion would drag out the time it takes our team to adapt to contes style.

There's pros and cons to training vs matches..... I doubt there's a definitive conclusion to that particular debate.

I have also seen nothing to suggest we have any interest in winning it. We lost to one of the worst teams in the competition

That's very much been dependent on who we've picked.

Thanks to Covid; team picks itself tomorrow.

"Winning is a habbit" etc.

If we're being crippled by fixture pile-up in Feb/Mar we can make that call then (and send out a weak team if we feel the shit is about to hit the fan).... Tomorrow night aside, we're likely not to play again until 2 Sunday's time at the earliest now, so concerns about current fatigue are moot.
Fatigue is one consideration, but what is the best preparation for a weekend PL game? 7 days rest, recovery, training, conditioning and planning at Spurs Lodge or a midweek upheaval to Uzbekistan for a Thursday night game, returning 5am Friday?

There's pros and cons to training vs matches..... I doubt there's a definitive conclusion to that particular debate.

That's very much been dependent on who we've picked.

Thanks to Covid; team picks itself tomorrow.

Who we pick is what I am referring too.

If we were in the groups of the other tournaments we wouldn’t be rolling the dice with disinterested squad players.

I’d rather rip the plaster off than delay the inevitable

Who we pick is what I am referring too.

As per my post.... Covid picks the team now, so the "pick a weakned team" discussion is now moot.

If we were in the groups of the other tournaments we wouldn’t be rolling the dice with disinterested squad players.

We'd have to have rotated to some degree regardless, so no; I don't agree.

Isn't that what all this debate is about anyway? ........Squad size vs fixture pile up?

I’d rather rip the plaster off than delay the inevitable

Again; Covid picks the team now so in that sense there is no 'plaster'.

Dernières nouvelles rennaises : « Une opposition à l’entraînement avec le 11 suivant sans dossard : Salin - Traoré, Bade, Omari, Truffert - Ugochukwu, Santamaria - Tchaouna, Majer, Sulemana - Guirassy », soit le gardien remplaçant (peu à l’aise sur les centres, sorties parfois hasardeuses), charnière défensive inédite (sans Aguerd, patron de la défense), deux petits jeunes de 17 et 18 ans, Ugochukwu, Tchaouna, pas de Martin en sentinelle, pas nos attaquants titulaires Martin et Laborde. Défensivement, hum, sans doute fragile, sans automatismes en charnière, et milieu-attaque affaiblis.

Dernières nouvelles rennaises : « Une opposition à l’entraînement avec le 11 suivant sans dossard : Salin - Traoré, Bade, Omari, Truffert - Ugochukwu, Santamaria - Tchaouna, Majer, Sulemana - Guirassy », soit le gardien remplaçant (peu à l’aise sur les centres, sorties parfois hasardeuses), charnière défensive inédite (sans Aguerd, patron de la défense), deux petits jeunes de 17 et 18 ans, Ugochukwu, Tchaouna, pas de Martin en sentinelle, pas nos attaquants titulaires Martin et Laborde. Défensivement, hum, sans doute fragile, sans automatismes en charnière, et milieu-attaque affaiblis.

Latest Rennes news: "An opposition to training with the following 11 without a bib: Salin - Traoré, Bade, Omari, Truffert - Ugochukwu, Santamaria - Tchaouna, Majer, Sulemana - Guirassy", or the substitute goalkeeper (little to the ease on centers, sometimes hazardous outings), unprecedented defensive hinge (without Aguerd, defense boss), two young people of 17 and 18 years old, Ugochukwu, Tchaouna, no Martin as sentinel, not our incumbent attackers Martin and Laborde. Defensively, um, probably fragile, without automatic hinges, and weakened mid-attack.

Sounds like good news, but we shouldn't underestimate them.

Surely the whole club needs to shut down for the next 10 full days to isolate and eradicate the transmission?
It’s ridiculous - must have a backing team of c.50 people close to players eg chefs, masseurs, physios, bus driver ffs putting them and all their families at risk too

The sensible thing is for the match tomorrow, Brighton and potentially Leicester next Thursday to be postponed.

It's not just our players, but it's the opposition players, families, fans, stewards all at risk.

This is much bigger than a fucking Europa Conference League game.

Back
Top Bottom