Tottenham Hotspur vs Millwall FA CUP

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wonder if we'll ever go back in for him - his contract is up in 2018.

No real requirement at the moment - Alderwonghen are always going to be first choice pair, and I can't see us bringing in another first teamer (despite Jan being a consistent appearance on the injury list)

No real requirement at the moment - Alderwonghen are always going to be first choice pair, and I can't see us bringing in another first teamer (despite Jan being a consistent appearance on the injury list)

If we're serious about 3 at the back, I'd much rather Musacchio there then Dier (who can go back to contending in midfield and bringing more strength in depth).

So pleased to see VJ break his duck at last. Funny, when he came on I thought, "he's really up against it today, Sonny never passes to him anyway and now he's on a hat trick". When Son broke into the box I'm thinking "drops his shoulder, shoots"... he lays it on for Vincent and bang! So good to see the whole team going over to celebrate. You could actually see some of the burden lifting off him after that. What a time this would be for him to go on a scoring run now.

If we're serious about 3 at the back, I'd much rather Musacchio there then Dier (who can go back to contending in midfield and bringing more strength in depth).

I know you don't rate Dier in a 3, but has he ever played in one before? I don't know, but my suspicion is that he's learning on the hoof, which is quite demanding. He'll play anywhere Poch asks him. So far he's played at RB, conventional CB, CM and CB in a 3. Not easy imo.

I know you don't rate Dier in a 3, but has he ever played in one before? I don't know, but my suspicion is that he's learning on the hoof, which is quite demanding. He'll play anywhere Poch asks him. So far he's played at RB, conventional CB, CM and CB in a 3. Not easy imo.
Apart from the Liverpool game, has Dier really been shown up by anyone?

No suggestion of that whatsoever. A player will be advised not to discuss a future contract while it is being negotiated. He has no reason not to sign another, even if he leaves.

It's a shame that, as usual, you had to find some negative element to a matchday.

The BBC commentators mentioned it during the game, the only reason I spoke about it. They seem to think he's off.

Well that was some day. I have never seen so many Old Bill and Paramilitary style vehicles in the High Road.

Nor have I ever seen so many old 'faces.' It was like the 70's, with loads of Willesden, Paddington, Wolverhampton, and a lot of the old Basingstoke lads there.
Aberdeen and Ajax firms, it was nostalgia central. 6-0 and a stroll down memory lane, it's good to be Tottenham.
Yes Indeed seen people today that I haven't seen in a while big turn out from west London....defend your pub yes today we did it...they will claim a result on the walk to seven sisters..but we were on the high road at 10am waiting..it was like cup final day...

Just in from work and can't be bothered to read all the pages in this thread now so apologies if this has been mentioned already but having seen Toby's interview I didn't think anything of his comments (or lack of them) regarding any new contract until the BBC team mentioned it. Yes it would have been great if he had come out and said he's about to commit for the rest of his career but he gave lots of mentions about how happy he and his family are and how he enjoys playing for the club and that sounds good enough for me.

Back
Top Bottom