Tottenham Hotspur vs Millwall FA CUP

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The only people complaining about the DVD chanting are the soapy media ultra liberals with an anti Millwall axe to grind. Not even the player [Son] himself made a comment or complaint according to his manager yet there's all this talk of racism - pathetic! "You're selling 3 for a fiver" is nothing but terrace banter; it's nothing to do with racism.
lol_o_927327.gif

You'd be wrong though. It's a derogatory & racist term levelled at travellers. Plenty of caravan references in the Spam thread too.

Im guessing Im wrong here but is living as a traveller even a race? Isnt it a choice?
I mean I know Irish people who are pretty derogatory to "knackers" etc......is there a racial difference between them as people?

If not, it's certainly not racist.....no one is talking about Roma Gypsies for example, which would be a different thing.

Last edited:
Shows how far the so called almighty Millwall have fallen..

Mate they've shown that since the draw......internet fucking wannabe's. All went shopping up the West End to get dressed up in casual attire for Spurs, and what did they do? Fuck all.

I've heard taller tales when the gooners are in town. Imagine that.....the gooners are scarier than Millwall, LOL

Joe Clash said: Looked a good punch to me, and he asked for it. :)

It was you wasn't it? Go on, admit it. You're dying to take the credit for flooring a kid who was stood singing songs & not even squaring up to you. You must be very proud indeed that the highlight of your weekend as a Millwall fan was throwing a cheap shot at a boy & it being shown on YouTube.

6-0 mate. That's all anyone will remember of your shambolic venture to Tottenham.

Im guessing Im wrong here but is living as a traveller even a race? Isnt it a choice?
I mean I know Irish people who are pretty derogatory to "knackers" etc......is there a racial difference between the as people?

If not, it's certainly not racist.....no one is talking about Roma Gypsies for example, which would be a different thing.

The Travellers I have come across despise the word 'Pikey' they don't mind Gipsy, Traveller, Romany etc but hate Pikey.. For that reason I guess we shouldn't use it as it's offensive to them..

I mean I know Irish people who are pretty derogatory to "knackers" etc......is there a racial difference between the as people?

The courts have said that Romany Gypsies and Irish Travellers are protected against race discrimination because they’re ethnic groups under the Equality Act.

Both groups are labelled as "pikeys".

The Travellers I have come across despise the word 'Pikey' they don't mind Gipsy, Traveller, Romany etc but hate Pikey.. For that reason I guess we shouldn't use it as it's offensive to them..
Agreed. As I was saying earlier you call a traveller a pikey to his face, you'd best be ready to back up your words with your fists. If there were travellers in the Millwall crowd yesterday, then they'd likely be as deeply offended by pikey chants as a Jewish Spurs fan would be by a negative use of the word Yid against him/her.

Let's be honest we weren't calling them pikeys as a compliment.

It's easy to get carried away in the crowd but I would never dream of calling a Gypsie a pikey. I quite like the arrangement of my teeth.

Let's be honest we weren't calling them pikeys as a compliment.

It's easy to get carried away in the crowd but I would never dream of calling a Gypsie a pikey. I quite like the arrangement of my teeth.

You almost make that sound like a new idea for dental surgery business. ''Can't afford the dentist, come down to my place and call my local gypsy friend a pikey, he can sort your teeth out''.

It was you wasn't it? Go on, admit it. You're dying to take the credit for flooring a kid who was stood singing songs & not even squaring up to you. You must be very proud indeed that the highlight of your weekend as a Millwall fan was throwing a cheap shot at a boy & it being shown on YouTube.

6-0 mate. That's all anyone will remember of your shambolic venture to Tottenham.

'Fucking hate Millwall' is hardly 'Land of my Fathers'. It was deliberately provocative, but you're right, it's nothing to be proud of.

'Fucking hate Millwall' is hardly 'Land of my Fathers'. It was deliberately provocative, but you're right, it's nothing to be proud of.
He was a silly boy, that's for sure. Stood there, half pissed, one arm round his dad/grandad & not even attempting to protect himself from the "reasonably foreseeable" consequences of his mouth...but thumping a sitting duck? Fucking cowardly.

He was a silly boy, that's for sure. Stood there, half pissed, one arm round his dad/grandad & not even attempting to protect himself from the "reasonably foreseeable" consequences of his mouth...but thumping a sitting duck? Fucking cowardly.
Can he no get charged with assault? Surly you can't just go up to some random and lamp them just cos they were mouthy,he could fallen badly and done series damage?

Bruises, cuts etc are sufficient for ABH. I was hit randomly on a night out and the charge was increased from common assault to ABH because I had a bruise.
How long ago was that if you don't mind me asking? There are charging standards for assaults these days and unless the injury is serious or the sentence for the offence is clearly likely to be more than 6 months then it's common assault.

About a year ago. I don't work in that area of law but I do remember from uni bruises and scratches being sufficient for ABH. I thought common assault was for like a shove or a slap.
Number of factors would be taken into account- use of weapon, past record for violence etc, but a single thump from that bloke causing a black eye or similar wouldn't be worth more than 6 months porridge unless the guy had a lot of form for violence.

Back
Top Bottom