Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool, 28/01, 8PM KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Got to be realistic. Liverpool are still a much better side than us and if they turn up, they simply win this game. Form completely goes out the window and we never get anything against this lot. Hope I’m proved wrong, but I don’t think I will be.
That's not the Tottenham hat, mate!

Got to be realistic. Liverpool are still a much better side than us and if they turn up, they simply win this game. Form completely goes out the window and we never get anything against this lot. Hope I’m proved wrong, but I don’t think I will be.
Seriously though. Of course they will be bang up for this and so they should be. So should we be. I hope they go a bit overboard and over commit leaving space behind for us to exploit.

I see this more as a draw at the moment, but we have a chance.

Genuine predictions guys ? Without your Tottenham head on. I’m going to unfortunately go 1-3 Liverpool. Just can’t see anything other than a Pool win

Is that based on them being 13th in the table for away form? Brighton are better than them away from home!!

Them
W2 D5 L2

Our home form
W5 D3 L1

Says most likely a draw to me (or a home win if I put my Tottenham head on!)

This is a Liverpool team really struggling on the road.

Ok So Reguilon will be a miss but I remember that actually Davies started in the reverse fixture and our approach in these games requires the FB's just to be solid defensively something Davies or Tanganga could do.
The likes of Ndombele/Son/Kane are far more important for this type of game as they are the ones who could help us get goals.

Really hope Davies is fit but if not Tanganga will surely fill in and give his best.
In terms of team selection I'd go for this team
Lloris
Aurier Rodon Dier Davies
Sissoko Hojbjerg
Bergwijn Ndombele Son
Kane

I think the point up for debate is whether it be Rodon or Alderweireld. For me in recent performances , Rodon has 100% earned this chance and we should be playing people on merit not past performances.

Really don't know how this game goes but if we can get Kane/Son working then we should be able to exploit that weakness in their backline . JUst play our own game and do it well.

Ok So Reguilon will be a miss but I remember that actually Davies started in the reverse fixture and our approach in these games requires the FB's just to be solid defensively something Davies or Tanganga could do.
The likes of Ndombele/Son/Kane are far more important for this type of game as they are the ones who could help us get goals.

Really hope Davies is fit but if not Tanganga will surely fill in and give his best.
In terms of team selection I'd go for this team
Lloris
Aurier Rodon Dier Davies
Sissoko Hojbjerg
Bergwijn Ndombele Son
Kane

I think the point up for debate is whether it be Rodon or Alderweireld. For me in recent performances , Rodon has 100% earned this chance and we should be playing people on merit not past performances.

Really don't know how this game goes but if we can get Kane/Son working then we should be able to exploit that weakness in their backline . JUst play our own game and do it well.
Only thing that worries me is historically we do bad in this fixture and we are prone to missing BIG chances.
Has to change today.

Bale has shown no sign of putting in the workrate necessary to compete with a team as relentless as this Liverpool team, who must be one of the fittest most relentless teams in football.
I think he will be lost in a game like this, based on the games he has played before. Admittedly his last game was a 150% improvement on anything he has shown previously in this trip in a Spurs shirt, but he's still way off the pace for a game of this intensity.
I was toying between Bale & Lamela. My heart went Bale for the nostalgia, I think Coco will get the nod. After all, he is an absolute shithouse in the big games. COYS.

Uber defensive only to draw or lose is pointless. Fuck it. If we aren’t expecting the best from the game, then fuck this defensive bollocks and just go for it. What’s the worst that will happen? We lose? Draw? Lol.

I'm up and down on this one, was pessimistic, then confident now with the news that Henderson and Matip are likely to play I'm back to pessimistic.

Henderson always plays like he is absolute world class against us and smothers the crap out of us, Then whenever I watch him in other games he's utter wank.

We need to be able to transition from defence to attack through Kane and Ndombele, Henderson usually cuts that out and we have no out ball meaning we are just taking relentless pressure.

Matip back is also annoying as I was excited about the prospect of Son against their young pup.

Hopefully if they both start they aren't 100%

I’m not confident at all like I stated. but the only factor i see a possible win is Jose. Honestly if anyone can get a win against this lot, it’s Jose Mourinho. Master of these big games he really is.

Back
Top Bottom