Tottenham Hotspur vs Leeds United; Sunday 21st November 2021; 16.30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yep that's what I'm saying. He did the right thing but the fact he had to doing was utterly cringe, I never want to see that again (but I know we will because our support right now is dead).

We've all ripped into Klopp having to cheerlead at Anfield. Our support is fucking dead.

I also thought booing the team off at the end of 1st half was completely misjudged too, if you want your manager out because you've seen nothing from them then by all means the fans are OK to do so but to boo in the guys FIRST home game is rediculous (the performance was shit, so just don't applaud them off)

The bottom line is our fanbase is dead and offer this team nothing other than singing one song once in a while.

Maybe people that never go to games should turn up and show us how it is done?

Feared the worst today as my train up was delayed and I missed my connections… usually a sign from the gods to turn back!

First half was classic Nuno/Jose ball in other words no movement, energy, running or desire of any kind. Worse possibly than MU at home. Second half was entertaining but messy. H worked hard but some poor decision making in the final third. He’ll get a break soon enough and then hopefully get a hatful.

God knows what Conte really thinks of this squad. At least this is something to build from and he can also clearly give a half time talk, as well as respond tactically when things go wrong. Love the man’s passion too. He’s what a leader looks like.

Oh and it was faaaking cold and the bars in my area ran out of hot chocolate and then hot water altogether.

:wansum:

The difference between the two halves was like chalk and cheese. Why does it take a half time rollicking to motivate these professional well paid athletes? Thank god it was Antonio in the dressing room at half time or I think we could have been in deep trouble

I am not putting it all on Conte’s tactics at all. I’m saying let’s give Conte some time to work with him, if he can and if he switches to 352 and a three man midfield, and manages to get him playing how he wants then he could become pivotal. If not then fair fucks.

Fair enough, but when you make the proviso that 'only' 532 is a condition to warrants his criticism then it just comes accross like you're leaving the door open for more excuses for him.

In the long term, if he can't graft enough to cover the ground required of him to play in a 343 too then I'd say that's still a fail on his part..... Players like Fabregas & Dembele amongst others weren't athletic work-horses.

(I concede that being one of the 2 in a 4231 isn't for everyone, but with 3CBs + WBs around him he ought to be able to raise himself to play in 532 and 343.)

He didn’t just say “he doesn’t run enough” he said he needs to be more positionally aware:

“Conte recognises Ndombele's talent but believes his biggest problem is his positioning, insisting he cannot just 'run around the pitch' and must work hard for the team as a collective.”

Which I think is actually fair criticism. But I still retain some hope that Conte can work with him.

My point about a shift to a cm3 is that even I don’t have much faith in him playing in a CM2, especially with our other midfield cloggers.

I'm not someone that lacks the ability to apportion hope when it comes to any of our players..... I'd love for his issues to prove to have been purely tactical... I'm just not holding much faith in that though.

Back
Top Bottom