Tottenham Hotspur vs Leeds United; Sunday 21st November 2021; 16.30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The fact Wanks returned to the first 18 the second Mason returned to management proves that beyond all doubt. Same with the League Cup final last season
And the fact that the rooster crows in the morning before the sun rises proves, beyond all doubt, that the rooster causes the sun to rise.

Kane ran but I didn’t rate his performance, still looks off the boil. So so selfish, epitomised by him having a shot from 30 yards with 30 seconds left in the game which deflected for a Leeds counter attack, rather than running to the corner flag

Nah, balls to that.... You're just laying it all in the lap of Conte's tactics.

I am not putting it all on Conte’s tactics at all. I’m saying let’s give Conte some time to work with him, if he can and if he switches to 352 and a three man midfield, and manages to get him playing how he wants then he could become pivotal. If not then fair fucks.

You heard the man during the week.... Yet another manager telling him to pull his finger out.

He didn’t just say “he doesn’t run enough” he said he needs to be more positionally aware:

“Conte recognises Ndombele's talent but believes his biggest problem is his positioning, insisting he cannot just 'run around the pitch' and must work hard for the team as a collective.”

Which I think is actually fair criticism. But I still retain some hope that Conte can work with him.

My point about a shift to a cm3 is that even I don’t have much faith in him playing in a CM2, especially with our other midfield cloggers.

Terrible first half, as bad as we've previously had under the dinosaur and Nuno, totally passive (I was expecting us to improve in the first half as Leeds man v man press dropped off but to my disappointment we remained shite).

Great 2nd half, by far from perfect but we thoroughly deserved to win the game as we opened up Leeds with lots of big chances and they were holding on at times. It was quite chaotic though, the aggression and commitment was there in spades but we lacked any real control of the game (but I think that's also just down to Leeds, we've seen them disrupt even some of the best-drilled teams in the league).

This is good to see

I thought Dier was excellent all game, only player on it in the first half so he gets my MoTM.

Totally embarrassing to have your manager cheerlead his supporters, I've ripped the piss out of other managers doing this at other Clubs (this isn't me having a go at Conte, he did the right thing), I'm having a go at one of the deadest supporters in the country right now who don't recognise when their team needs them to get them over the line. We've literally got ONE fucking song! Let's hope I never have to see Conte do that again although I know we will. Embarrassing!

At the Lane, whenever the team play like they did in the first half, the support is shit. The team need to show some fucking passion to get the crowd going. It’s always been the same at Spurs (as long as I’ve been going). Second half, in the south stand, the atmosphere was better from the start coz we were better. We need more songs, but where do they come from?

At the Lane, whenever the team play like they did in the first half, the support is shit. The team need to show some fucking passion to get the crowd going. It’s always been the same at Spurs (as long as I’ve been going). Second half, in the south stand, the atmosphere was better from the start coz we were better. We need more songs, but where do they come from?
Yeah thats what separates really great home support (See Dortmund) vs British support.

British away support gets lauded but at home it's just grumbles if the team is playing shit. Except for Palace with their "ultras" which was very annoying and lame.

bored samson & gert GIF by vrt
Imagine thinking Winks is part of our best 11….

:contefacepalm:

Shit for it to be necessary granted, but happy to see him do it.
Yep that's what I'm saying. He did the right thing but the fact he had to doing was utterly cringe, I never want to see that again (but I know we will because our support right now is dead).

We've all ripped into Klopp having to cheerlead at Anfield. Our support is fucking dead.

I also thought booing the team off at the end of 1st half was completely misjudged too, if you want your manager out because you've seen nothing from them then by all means the fans are OK to do so but to boo in the guys FIRST home game is rediculous (the performance was shit, so just don't applaud them off)

The bottom line is our fanbase is dead and offer this team nothing other than singing one song once in a while.

They come from YOU! fans complain about the atmosphere, but they are the ones that need to create it. Chicken and the egg. Generate the atmosphere first and they might play better. Instead of waiting them to play better to generate the atmosphere

Back
Top Bottom