Tottenham Hotspur vs. Juventus - Tuesday, February 13th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To come away with a cheeky 1-0 would be awesom.

I haven't watched enough of juve this season to comment on their recent style of play or where the dangers lye, but what I do know is that we are Tottenham fucking hotspur.

Every single big team this season has under estimated us massively, especially in he CL. I dare this old tart to do the same, if they do. We will rip her limb from limb :lamelaaghh:

To come away with a cheeky 1-0 would be awesom.

I haven't watched enough of juve this season to comment on their recent style of play or where the dangers lye, but what I do know is that we are Tottenham fucking hotspur.

Every single big team this season has under estimated us massively, especially in he CL. I dare this old tart to do the same, if they do. We will rip her limb from limb :lamelaaghh:

Hard one to call. They’re our worst nightmare. We’re their worst nightmare. The club that doesn’t concede v the club that can’t stop scoring.

It’s a massive test for both clubs.

1-1 seems logical, but it really could be anything.

Hard one to call. They’re our worst nightmare. We’re their worst nightmare. The club that doesn’t concede v the club that can’t stop scoring.

It’s a massive test for both clubs.

1-1 seems logical, but it really could be anything.
That's a good point when is the last time we failed to score in a match?

Away to Woolwich over 20 games ago.
That's really impressive. I wouldn't mind a high scoring draw at all, that would be a huge advantage for us. Plus the 90 minutes would be riveting, I'm sure we'll be heard loud and clear!

kane is considered a good player but they say that the English are struggling in other leagues that are not the premier. winks is unknown. sissoko a median with rough feet. lamela discontinuous talent, the same player seen in Rome. but the average Italian fans believe that the "serie A" is still the best championship in the world ... and they are wrong. I follow the premier every weekend and Italian football is clearly more boring and ugly to see. there are many more champions in England than in Italy. in essence: cheers the premier league ...
kane is considered a good player but they say that the English are struggling in other leagues that are not the premier. winks is unknown. sissoko a median with rough feet. lamela discontinuous talent, the same player seen in Rome. but the average Italian fans believe that the "serie A" is still the best championship in the world ... and they are wrong. I follow the premier every weekend and Italian football is clearly more boring and ugly to see. there are many more champions in England than in Italy. in essence: cheers the premier league ...

That's not true at all. There is almost nobody who follows football in Italy that believes Serie A is the best league in the world, it is easy to check by reading any major fans forums. If anything the exact opposite is true and most fans have a very critical stand considering serie A the 3rd or 4th league.
Personally I think that Serie A is still the best league from a tactical point of view but is far behind EPL and Liga from a technical point of view, not to mention the league management, that has been horrible.
Spurs are considered a very good team with some of the best offensive talents in Europe and an excellent manager in Pochettino that has also given a good tactical set up to the team. Defensively is considered less than excellent and potentially vulnerable but Juve will need to play at its best to get thru, it is a 50/50 tie especially considering our numerous injuries.

Kane, Eriksen and Delle Alli are the highest rated players, while Lamela is a talent who is not consistent nor a leader. Son is another player that is increasingly appreciated.
Tomorrow I do not think it will be a spectacular game, but it should be very interesting from a tactical point of view.

That's not true at all. There is almost nobody who follows football in Italy that believes Serie A is the best league in the world, it is easy to check by reading any major fans forums. If anything the exact opposite is true and most fans have a very critical stand considering serie A the 3rd or 4th league.
Personally I think that Serie A is still the best league from a tactical point of view but is far behind EPL and Liga from a technical point of view, not to mention the league management, that has been horrible.
Spurs are considered a very good team with some of the best offensive talents in Europe and an excellent manager in Pochettino that has also given a good tactical set up to the team. Defensively is considered less than excellent and potentially vulnerable but Juve will need to play at its best to get thru, it is a 50/50 tie especially considering our numerous injuries.

Kane, Eriksen and Delle Alli are the highest rated players, while Lamela is a talent who is not consistent nor a leader. Son is another player that is increasingly appreciated.
Tomorrow I do not think it will be a spectacular game, but it should be very interesting from a tactical point of view.
I understand we haven't been at our absolute best this season, but we have an excellent defense. In fact, we conceded fewer goals than Juventus in league play in the 16/17 season.

English clubs seem to have a hex over Juventus. Spurs last CL round of 16 game tie saw us knock out Allegri's Milan. We like to press teams and play in their half which can make us vunerable to pacy counter attacks, but you lack that, Bernadeschi aside but he may not start. I think it was 60-40 in favour of you when the draw was announced but I think it's switched towards us because of your injury situation.

Nice to hear the thoughts of a Juventus fan before the match.

I've read the same thing on the Juventus forums, that Spurs defense is seen as not being excellent. You will get a surprise I think because this is not correct, we have a very good defense. We are so pretty in attack that perhaps our defense does not get recognized as much. It is a shame Dybala is not playing, I was looking forward to seeing him. Do you think he will be fit for the return leg? I know you are not used to conceding, but we always score. You will see how good Kane is, better than most Juventus fans are expecting I think.

Hope we still have something left in the tank after the last 3 games however I am sure the tempo of this game will be a lot lower than what we are used to. Hopefully the occasion doesn't get to us, we started really badly against Liverpool and we can't afford to do that again tonight.

Last edited:
I wish we play Davies/Verts/Sanchez/Aurier in back four with 4-3-3 formation with Wanyama/Dier/Dembele in midfield and Dele/Kane/Eriksen as attacking trio. Just should switch as 3-5-2 with Dier dropping back while we defend. If we dont concede stupid goals we would play the bunch of 'em off the park in Wembley.
Son and Lucas shall come late after an hour mark and stretch the fuck outta them.
But probably Poch would start with sissokko:pochshock:

I wish we play Davies/Verts/Sanchez/Aurier in back four with 4-3-3 formation with Wanyama/Dier/Dembele in midfield and Dele/Kane/Eriksen as attacking trio. Just should switch as 3-5-2 with Dier dropping back while we defend. If we dont concede stupid goals we would play the bunch of 'em off the park in Wembley.
Son and Lucas shall come late after an hour mark and stretch the fuck outta them.
But probably Poch would start with sissokko:pochshock:

Son has to start this for me, I can see us going with a similar line up as the weekend, Maybe Aurier instead of tripps, depends how they have recovered.

Back
Top Bottom