Tottenham Hotspur vs Crystal Palace on a SATURDAY!!!!!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Small margins I think we may have snuck it if lennon came on earlier, or had been the half time sub

Everyone was saying we were the best team on earth last week, all turned now, this season is messy for every team we have three games of an easier nature coming up and Poch has to get the selection right, walker back in right back will make a hell of a difference, lennon in for lamela

Anyone who was happy when he came on instead of Lennon is a twat

Absolutely. Thought Mason and Bentaleb were doing the same (very little) and we needed to give Palace something to worry about so, Lennon for Mason and bring Eriksen inside seemed obvious. Then he brings Mason off (correct) for Paulinho (what the actual fuck).

Warnock saying he can't work out how they didn't win.............how about not wasting time for the entire game when you look like the more likely team to score???

Just like West Brom did even when taking the corner they scored from. Any team not coming to us trying to win and fancying their chances must be utter shit.

Small margins I think we may have snuck it if lennon came on earlier, or had been the half time sub

Everyone was saying we were the best team on earth last week, all turned now, this season is messy for every team we have three games of an easier nature coming up and Poch has to get the selection right, walker back in right back will make a hell of a difference, lennon in for lamela

'Easier' than Palace at home?

Last week was great but read deeper with hindsight. Go to Chelsea and get dicked, their only win in 3!! Struggle to get a point today against Palace.
Everton struggle against Hull, get beat by Etihad FC and were beaten by us AFTER AN AWAY TRIP ON THE THURSDAY NIGHT.
I think that's how we out battled them, tiredness.

Soldado was too busy thinking about that sweet sweet snatch he's got at home than concentrating on the game. Understandable.
I've never seen a Striker get so many good opportunities and not even put the ball close to net

2 big chances today and neither were close

Soldado is a dik.

Last edited:
I don't know if it was intentional, but CP made Eric Dier the focus of the game. Their attack went thru Bolasie and Dier continually gave ground because he could not handle the pace & dribbling. How many times did Bolasie run at Dier and end with a corner?
Spurs offense also seemed to go thru Dier, which is probably what CP wanted. Bentaleb & Mason should have been looking to boss the game thru the middle of the pitch, but they were not looking to generate the offense.
I like Dier - but I want to see him as an offensive-minded CB, and not as a slow defensive RB.

I don't know if it was intentional, but CP made Eric Dier the focus of the game. Their attack went thru Bolasie and Dier continually gave ground because he could not handle the pace & dribbling. How many times did Bolasie run at Dier and end with a corner?

I bet it was part of the plan. Dier is a good person but he is not quite ready and has been found out by the opposition.

We looked fucking tired out there. Go figure, Thursday, Sunday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Whole squad needs a nap.

Wish Lennon came on before Paulinho.

I don't even think it's the players. I mean, yeah they were all crap. But in other games we've played with other players they were also crap. Do we really have 25 crap players? I don't know. To me, it seems to be a problem with the way we are set up, the style of play and general lack of ideas. So I agree, Poch has to take a good portion of the blame.
Levy = sacking coached on a regular basis = players staying at the club longer than the coach = the club in suspended transition.
As a player you need to be committed to the club - the coach has to be in charge and the players must know and respect this. Kane/Mason & Bentaleb and few others give it all (honest players) - they respect the coach and the club. Some players really cant be asked. They earn a good wage, play at a good club but know deep known its a club in suspended transition. They know they may be there longer than Poch (possibly will be sacked) = so no respect for him. The next coach may be better for them or they may move on??

The club under HR had some stability for three seasons and looked what we achieved,

as a club we need to decide what we want?

I bet it was part of the plan. Dier is a good person but he is not quite ready and has been found out by the opposition.

We looked fucking tired out there. Go figure, Thursday, Sunday, Wednesday, Saturday.

Whole squad needs a nap.

Wish Lennon came on before Paulinho.
Tired my arse! just put a couple of fresh players in the 11 to spark a bit of energy into the team. When players play regular, as said they don't train as hard ( Ive always believed players preferred this) playing rather than train.

Maybe they had Thurs on their minds? Others struggled yesterday also because of Europe midweek.

CP are a well organised team, Warnock knows what he is doing. They also beat Liverpool. Bla bla bla bla.

It seems we play a system which is too easy to sus out. There are a lot of mid-lower clubs in this league who have managers that know what they are doing, especially against teams like us.

I can't understand why we didn't change our play to go wide yesterday.

Everton, Liverpool, Woolwich, all having the same problem, unfortunately we have the least flexible players and probably the least quality also.

Back
Top Bottom