Tottenham Hotspur vs Crystal Palace on a SATURDAY!!!!!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Of course I'm whats wrong with this club you fucking tit, one who actually goes to the games and shows some support. I have every right to be upset with this utter shit performance, worst of the last 10 years. If your happy with it go and fucking cheer at the stadium every time we loose at home or draw against a bottom ranked team and see how many join in with you.
Screaming for the manager to be sacked 15 games into the season? You definitely classify as a melt, twat

Mad Yid got sin binned, anyone see why? :ade: I'm serious, would be interesting to know.

has also left us. Dropping like flys, this is what melting does to people.

Mad yid stuck a tranny wanking on one thread, I even joked case would probably sin bin him. Eriksen sen sen insulted arc about being South african (aids, apartheid etc) and the Yinzer said he would vote him to go to the bin.

Mad yid stuck a tranny wanking on one thread, I even joked case would probably sin bin him. Eriksen sen sen insulted arc about being South african (aids, apartheid etc) and the Yinzer said he would vote him to go to the bin.
Just like any disfunctional family should be lol

All I know is that from my seat in the Paxton I only stood up once during the second half.....that's how often we came forward!!! If I paid into a swearbox, I would be bankrupt!!
Seriously, that was dire today. Credit to Palace, they played a lot better than we did and were unfortunate that they didn't nick a win.
I thought we had turned a corner after the Everton game, but we seem to take one step forward and half a dozen back.
I honestly thought that Mason was the only one who had anything about him today and was gobsmacked when he was subbed. Paulinho should be given a one-way ticket back to Brazil. I'm not advocating that Poch should be got rid of, but I do question some of his decisions. Why did he only give Lennon six minutes playing time? Why did he move Eriksen out wide when he brought on Paulinho? I was hoping that Soldado scoring last week would give him a bit of confidence, but he missed an absolute sitter today, which might have given us a bit of a boost.
I'm struggling to think of anything positive to come out of today's performance really, apart from the fact we didn't lose and we kept a clean sheet. However I still didn't boo at the end - don't see the point really.

All I know is that from my seat in the Paxton I only stood up once during the second half.....that's how often we came forward!!! If I paid into a swearbox, I would be bankrupt!!
Seriously, that was dire today. Credit to Palace, they played a lot better than we did and were unfortunate that they didn't nick a win.
I thought we had turned a corner after the Everton game, but we seem to take one step forward and half a dozen back.
I honestly thought that Mason was the only one who had anything about him today and was gobsmacked when he was subbed. Paulinho should be given a one-way ticket back to Brazil. I'm not advocating that Poch should be got rid of, but I do question some of his decisions. Why did he only give Lennon six minutes playing time? Why did he move Eriksen out wide when he brought on Paulinho? I was hoping that Soldado scoring last week would give him a bit of confidence, but he missed an absolute sitter today, which might have given us a bit of a boost.
I'm struggling to think of anything positive to come out of today's performance really, apart from the fact we didn't lose and we kept a clean sheet. However I still didn't boo at the end - don't see the point really.
Were there boos at the end Mrs P?

Screaming for the manager to be sacked 15 games into the season? You definitely classify as a melt, twat
Err wasn't even a serious comment in the first place, clearly you missed that entirely prick.

Anyone on here has the right to blow up on here with the utter wank performances we've been churning out this season without wanky little part timers like you saying we can't possibly say such things.

Nevermind, go and join in with the happy clappy fans who relentlessly advocate woeful under achievement.

We looked Jaded today. Mason was obviously tired and Naibl look out of sorts. Mason has run his fucking socks off in the last few games. He makes the difference with the ground he covers and his movement. After the International break -I don't know how many of their players travelled - they played sun, sat & tues. We, Sun, Thurs, Sun & Weds.
Trouble is with the players we have we do not possess a player who can go past one or two and have a shot.
We don't posses a player who likes to take a shot. They all seem to be looking for the pass. We don't have any speed or power, although we have some big lads.
When teams put 10 behind the ball we find it hard to break them down as we look to pass the ball into the net. We need a player/s who can go past one or two and open things up. We need a player with speed and power who can latch on the balls over through the back line, hold off the defender and shoot. We need some speed down the flanks, get some crosses in.
No coincidence that most of their joy was down our right either. We are suffering with this RB situation.
Remember Kane was out third choice striker at one time. Now he's seen as our best striker?

We have needed a strong, pacy direct goalscorer for ages. We have needed a creative midfielder for ages. We have needed midfielders with goals in them for ages. We have needed some pace in midfield.
Leaving out the 'defensive' midfielders Stambouli and Capoue:
Dembele has scored 2 league goals and has 4 assists (less than Soldado) since he's been here. Simply not good enough.
Chadli 7 goals and 4 assists in 2 seasons ( 1 goal & 3 assists last season)
Townsend 1 goal and 1 assist since 2012 . Not good enough
Nabil 0 goals and 1 assist (newbie, but must be more of a goal threat)
Eriksen 12 goals and 8 assists in 2 seasons ( no assists this season)
Lamela 0 goals and 5 assists in his 2 seasons ( 1st season really)
Paulinho 6 goals and 2 assists in 2 seasons ( all last season)
Mason 0 goals and I assist (newbie)
Lennon since in 10 seasons has scored 26 league goals but has 50 assists. Not enough goals but a consistent assist rate

That tells me we don't have a midfielder capable of double figures in the league and we only have one who has scored over 5 in consecutive seasons.
In a decent side, the midfield should at least manage 25- 30 goals a season and probably 30 odd assists between them all a season.

The defenders that have played on the flanks this season only one has made an assist, Rose with 2.
Last season Rose and Walker made 2 each.
The defenders played this season have only scored 2 goals, both Dier and one from set piece.
Last season 4 from the defenders, 2 from the CB's only one from a set piece.

The strikers have scored 5 league goals between them in the league this season, and scored 21 between them last.
Our strikers should do better that that. However, the onus for goals should not all be upon them. A good side has goals from midfield as well as strikers.

This tells me that:
We do not score enough goals from midfield.
We do not create enough goals from midfield
We have no threat from the flanks.
Our CB's are not a threat from set pieces
Our strikers are not consistently scoring
So what's your point?

Posatives - we didn't concede within 15 mins. Kept a clean sheet. Didn't lose at home.
Negatives - Didn't concede within 15 mins which springs life into us for a comeback. We contributed to a nil- nil.. Didnt win at home.
Ying yang - calmer is called for here?

Mason looked knackered, probably why he was brought off, although Stambouli would have injected some energy into the middle I'd have thought.

I was in the North Stand, we stood quite a lot but perhaps that was a result of being behind the goal. Agree on Paulinho, looks utterly lost at this club, very out of his depth. This game was screaming out for Townsend or Lennon to come on, someone to be given the ball and have a run at their fullbacks who are average.

Back
Top Bottom