Tottenham Hotspur vs Burnley Sat11th May 3.00 pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've never got the impression United really hate City in that tribal way we hate the Goons or the Chavs. As long as it's not Liverpool I'm not sure they care. Maybe younger United fans do, but the Manc derby just doesn't have that feel about it.

But then I'm not from Manchester and don't know many United fans anyway so I'm probably talking ill informed toss.
Nor are many manure fans😀

My boys birthday today, beer fridge full, family arriving at 3, couldn’t give a monkeys about the game.

He will be wearing his new yellow Hummel 1990 Spurs shirt, that will wind up the Spammers in the family lol

Today we're letting it rip!
Pizza Yes GIF

Tottenham Hotspur FC 4 - 1 FC Burnley

kulu has
- Most distance covered in the premier league this year
- one of our top tacklers this year per WhoScored, doesn’t lose the ball much / difficult to tackle
- one of the highest pass completion %
- one of our highest for assists / chance creation.

Do you disagree?
100% disagree.
Stats are misleading.

Please watch the game from your eyes and not from stats afterwards.

He gives the ball away so much and part of the reason we get countered along with whoever else plays up front.

Pass completion stats are a joke and anyone who thinks they tell a story don’t know the game.
Centre backs get a 85/90 % pass completion most games because there is no pressure on them.
I bet Romero and VDV have the highest pass completion today but it means nothing. Deki only keeps the ball when he plays it back or inside. That’s not difficult.

You can run about all you like in a game and get your distance covered up but that doesn’t mean it’s clever or effective.

Of course he’s going to be one of our highest for assists and at chance creation. He plays up front and it’s inevitable he’ll create a goal or a chance.

I was one of his biggest fans but he’s been horrible to watch this second half of the season and is a big problem for us going forward if he is a starter. Our front players cause us more problems than the opposition.

You can stat the fuck out of Sonny too if you want but he’s easy to play against.

Tactics for opposition are sit deep and let passes come into Tottenham’s front three and then press aggressively as fuck and they will lose possession or play the ball back.

Can we just try to get 4th anyway and worry about the rest later? I hate this defeatist attitude same as Ange dismissing 4th. I’d mus rather finish 4th than 5th same with finishing 3rd over 4th. It’s a sport and your aim is to finish as high as possible.

Woolwich will win the league then

Looking forward to this one today, mainly because we aren't playing one of Woolwich, Liverpool or Chelsea like we have recently!

End the season with two wins and a defeat. 5th place id take that, don't fuck it up Tottenham!!

COYS!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom