Tottenham Hotspur vs Barcelona - UCL 3/10

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I see this as a matter of some irrelevance.

We have to get through the game without further injury more than anything else I feel.

The 2 PSV games and the return match with Inter are far more significant than this and our return at the Nou camp.
This a great opportunity to get back on track. Barca have not found their rhythm yet.

If we play the way we've been playing so far this season, we will get rekt.
Not really.
Leganes beat them, Girona and Bilbao took a point from them. Perfect time to play against Barca. They are playing like shite, fans are unhappy and most od them wants Valverde out.

Focus on Messi. Pique is dogshit this seasons, Kane gonna do damage there for sure.

Not really.
Leganes beat them, Girona and Bilbao took a point from them. Perfect time to play against Barca. They are playing like shite, fans are unhappy and most od them wants Valverde out.

Focus on Messi. Pique is dogshit this seasons, Kane gonna do damage there for sure.
Hypnotise Dier and tell him he is Claudio Gentile.

I see this as a matter of some irrelevance.

We have to get through the game without further injury more than anything else I feel.

The 2 PSV games and the return match with Inter are far more significant than this and our return at the Nou camp.

Hardly irrelevant - after the Inter result it’s an opportunity to gain points against Barca that both Inter and PSV may not. This game is massive to our hopes of progressing to the knockout stage.

If we go into this thinking it doesn’t matter if we lose we may as well book out our Thursday nights after Xmas now, or maybe no European football at all!

I don't feel that confident in a few of our players to do the job. Dier in particular. But if we put out the right team and focus I reckon we could do it given how up for it we'll be. Our injuries don't help though. Might need a bit of luck our way though.

For all the negativity on here, something happened at thw weekend I never thought I'd see.

Barcelona - needing a win to ensure they stayed top of La Liga - rested star players, including Messi, to make sure they were fresh for a tough Champions League game against Tottenham Hotspur.

Just imagine saying that sentence ten, even five years ago. You'd be laughed out of town. For those like me who sadly weren't around for the Glory Glory days the position we're in is far beyond where I ever expected us to be.

And if we play as we can? The game is winnable. COYS.

Not really.

This is all true.

But Barcelona are a good enough team to punish us if we play sloppy, just like Liverpool punished us. Yesterday we won because Huddersfield are simply not very good. Other than in the second half of United and Inter, we haven't really played the football we know we're capable of.

This is all true.

But Barcelona are a good enough team to punish us if we play sloppy, just like Liverpool punished us. Yesterday we won because Huddersfield are simply not very good. Other than in the second half of United and Inter, we haven't really played the football we know we're capable of.

I thought we were excellent at times against Fulham. Especially in the opening 30 minutes and some moments in the second half - but overall, I agree. I think having injuries and fitness issues has probably added to that though.

This is going to be something special. Tottenham Hotspur are going to be going up against one of the best football teams in the world. Against one of the best midfielders of his generation in Busquets and arguably the greatest footballer of all time in Messi.

These are the nights we dream of. We will learn alot from this game. I just hope we fucking give it a good go. It could really be a special game under the lights.

No idea how Poch is going to line up here. I still remember him shocking us last year when starting Vertonghen at left back, Winks and Sissoko in central midfield and Llorente up top against Madrid.

I hope we go with:

Gazzaniga
Toby - Sanchez - Vert
Trippier - Winks - Wanyama - Eriksen - Rose
Lamela
Kane
But I can't see us being that brave. I think he'll probably bring Davies in for Rose. He'll no doubt start Dier and depending on the fitness of Vertonghen will likely play 4 at the back.

Surely not Davies but otherwise agree especially with the back three

For all the negativity on here, something happened at thw weekend I never thought I'd see.

Barcelona - needing a win to ensure they stayed top of La Liga - rested star players, including Messi, to make sure they were fresh for a tough Champions League game against Tottenham Hotspur.

Just imagine saying that sentence ten, even five years ago. You'd be laughed out of town. For those like me who sadly weren't around for the Glory Glory days the position we're in is far beyond where I ever expected us to be.

And if we play as we can? The game is winnable. COYS.

I was around for the glory glory days and we can win this one

Can’t wait

Back
Top Bottom