Tottenham Hotspur versus Sunderland - 17th January '15.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Missed" last game due a family meeting, but I was glad we bounced back from the Palace defeat with a good comeback.

3-0 Spurs (Kane, Chadli, Vert)

We don't have any reason to fear Defoe, he is probably slower than Fazio nowadays lol.

Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland

Tottenham have played more games than any other Premier League team this season but their squad is big enough to cope with it.

I would expect them to see off Sunderland at White Hart Lane, even if former Spurs striker Jermain Defoe is cleared to play for the Black Cats.

Spurs will get better too. Their results before their defeat by Crystal Palace were great but you get the sense from Mauricio Pochettino that this is not his team yet, and they will be better when it is.

One of the reasons their form has picked up is Harry Kane.

Charlie Austin has been fantastic for QPR and he is probably closer to an England call-up than Danny Ings. However, I think if anyone new gets called up, it is going to be Kane.

Rickie Lambert has not really done enough this season to stay in the picture and Andy Carroll is always around if you want something different, but Kane has forced himself into the picture.

He is playing for a better side than Austin or Ings, but he is probably the best player in that team and he has made fantastic progress to make himself the first pick and the focal point of the Spurs side. At the moment he is in front of all the names I have just mentioned.

Lawro's prediction: Tottenham Hotspur 2-0 Sunderland

Lawro's 2014-15 Premier League Predictions

Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland

Tottenham have played more games than any other Premier League team this season but their squad is big enough to cope with it.

I would expect them to see off Sunderland at White Hart Lane, even if former Spurs striker Jermain Defoe is cleared to play for the Black Cats.

Spurs will get better too. Their results before their defeat by Crystal Palace were great but you get the sense from Mauricio Pochettino that this is not his team yet, and they will be better when it is.

One of the reasons their form has picked up is Harry Kane.

Charlie Austin has been fantastic for QPR and he is probably closer to an England call-up than Danny Ings. However, I think if anyone new gets called up, it is going to be Kane.

Rickie Lambert has not really done enough this season to stay in the picture and Andy Carroll is always around if you want something different, but Kane has forced himself into the picture.

He is playing for a better side than Austin or Ings, but he is probably the best player in that team and he has made fantastic progress to make himself the first pick and the focal point of the Spurs side. At the moment he is in front of all the names I have just mentioned.

Lawro's prediction: Tottenham Hotspur 2-0 Sunderland

Lawro's 2014-15 Premier League Predictions

Well that's us fucked then. That cunt doesn't know what he's on about.

Past 10 meetings with them: 1 loss, 3 draws, 6 wins.

Sunderlands away form: 3 wins, 3 losses, 4 draws.

Tottenham home form: 1 loss, 2 draws, 7 wins.

Statistics seem to heavily suggest a win, but I wouldn't be surprised by a draw. Loss seems extremely unlikely.

Great decision by the club to allow a member of the opposition train with us.

This is a game we should win comfortably I know we should have beat Palace but there were plenty of obstacles in the way to stop that from happening.
No excuses for this one, a 3-0 stroll is the order of the day.
If they play JD it will show what a mess they are in. To get a player from the MLS and play him straight away would be an act of desperation. No way could he be ready for the premier league.
Looking forward to this one, a Saturday 3 o'clock kick off and all.

We should keep same 11 for this and SU on Wed-keep momentum going forward. Full strength team against Sunderland , 3 points -nothing less. Same for Wed, go for a good result to take into the second leg at BL. Rotate and rest can happen against Leicester at home.
For me I would like to see Davis play against Sunderland and SU. I just feel he keeps it together at LB and this supports Faz/Vert to his right. Rose, courses too much upheaval in the back four and the team structure with his unorthodox way of playing? I feel Townsend is slowly showing his best form so I expect to see him against Sunderland as we have players missing/injured. Hopefully mason returns soon. I have this feeling that Capoue is coming good as did Chadli. No evidence just a feeling- we need him at the moment and he may step up to the challenge?
COYS

If Defoe plays I hope there is no silly ego praise during the game from Park Lane blocks 35/36/37. I'm still cringing from the head given to Redknapp earlier this season.
A clap before the game, fine, but during the 90 minutes, ridicule him for being 32 and not knowing the offside rule. Support the Tottenham players on the pitch!

Great decision by the club to allow a member of the opposition train with us.

To be fair, we don't know how exactly he trained with Tottenham. For all we know, he could have had sessions with the Under 21's for fitness sake and for them to learn off a more experienced player.

If Defoe plays I hope there is no silly ego praise during the game from Park Lane blocks 35/36/37. I'm still cringing from the head given to Redknapp earlier this season.
A clap before the game, fine, but during the 90 minutes, ridicule him for being 32 and not knowing the offside rule. Support the Tottenham players on the pitch!

um. no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom