Tottenham Hotspur Versus Redbull Leipzig 19/02/2010

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As tempting as a 3-5-2 would be I really hope we don't do it because we've looked awful with a back 3 under Mourinho.

I think Mourinho will push Lo Celso/Gedson out wide if Lamela is not able to go and use a 4-2-3-1. He doesn't want to have Dele up top as a false 9 for whatever reason in a 4-3-3 even though I think that is out best bet.

Parrott should be on the bench in any case.

As tempting as a 3-5-2 would be I really hope we don't do it because we've looked awful with a back 3 under Mourinho.

I think Mourinho will push Lo Celso/Gedson out wide if Lamela is not able to go and use a 4-2-3-1. He doesn't want to have Dele up top as a false 9 for whatever reason in a 4-3-3 even though I think that is out best bet.

Parrott should be on the bench in any case.

Forgot about Gedson.

.......................Alli
Bergwijn..Gedson...Moura
...............GLC......Winks

Forgot about Gedson.

.......................Alli
Bergwijn..Gedson...Moura
...............GLC......Winks
We still have okay midfield and attacking options, but we really need someone that just shoots a lot. Kane and Son make up the vast majority of our shots.

Lucas needs to just start shooting as soon as he gets space in the 18 yard box. He can't pass worth shit anyway so he may as well shoot.

We still have okay midfield and attacking options, but we really need someone that just shoots a lot. Kane and Son make up the vast majority of our shots.

Lucas needs to just start shooting as soon as he gets space in the 18 yard box. He can't pass worth shit anyway so he may as well shoot.

Theres options, its just about goal power. Any team would miss son and kane. Thats 50 goals a season gone.

Good point here. That danger is completely gone now and I don't trust Dele or Lucas in being that threat for us. We're going to look as toothless as we've been in recent times. Opposing defenders won't have much to worry about now.

Enter Stevie Bergwijn... he's got to be our only real hope. I assume we'll sit back and try to shithouse counter attacks with Bergwijn/Dele/Lucas and Lamela or GLC behind them.

Bergwijn Moura

Lo Celso - - - - - - - - Gedson
Winks

Davies —--------------------------------Aurier
Vertonghen Sánchez Alderweireld

Lloris​

Gazzaniga, Foyth, Dier, NDombele, Sessegnon, Lamela, Parrott

Bergwijn Moura

Lo Celso - - - - - - - - Gedson
Winks

Davies —--------------------------------Aurier
Vertonghen Sánchez Alderweireld

Lloris​

Gazzaniga, Foyth, Dier, NDombele, Sessegnon, Lamela, Parrott

You must really hate Dele if he can't even get in your 'Spurs at their absolute bare-bones' 11.

:mourweird:

I'm more worried about depth than finding an alternative starting 11 formation. We've got shit loads of young, hungry attacking talent but can't afford more injuries.

Play Dele as an out and out striker, Moura and Stevie on the wings behind him and Ndombele and Lo Celso behind, we still have creativity and goals among that lot.

I don't think going defensive is the right play, we just don't have the quality to keep them out.

Lamela hopefully fit to give us another attacking option off the bench.

any more injuries and the kit man might have to bring his boots

Back
Top Bottom